Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Veotax posted:

I think I remember hearing it actually went all the way through Z in Canada or something, but when Funimation picked up the rights for the US it stopped airing over there and restarted with the new dub.

If that is the case, I wonder what dub we got in the UK. I can't remember which one we got.
It was even weirder. On ytv when it first aired it started with ocean switched to funi in the last third of the frieza saga and then switched back to ocean sometime in the android saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Funky Valentine posted:

Sabat's Vegeta nowadays legit seems to be taking on influence from Lanipator's Vegeta.

Considering Lani's Vegeta is a better version of Sabat's, I don't blame the man

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Brian Drummond is the perfect Heel Vegeta voice.

perpetually true. He is so good as Saiyan-namek saga vegeta. Just a little fucker.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
thats right boys mondo cool

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Nanigans posted:

...I disagree. It's way too gravelly and unnatural sounding. It sounds affected. Whereas his Piccolo and Yamcha sound like voices actual people could have. Even Schemmel sounds more natural.

I'm alright with Sabat's vegeta but definitely think he's gotten worse over the years. Was watching the dub when he first turns super saiyan and his line delivery has more edge and refinement to it, sounds like a dude you don't wanna mess with. Super's vegeta sounds, I dunno, more whiny I guess? Like a man who complains a whole lot before moving forward with a task begrudgingly.

Cell Saga was 'King Vegeta, Heir to Royalty' delivery, Super is obnoxious house dad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Parrotine posted:

I'm alright with Sabat's vegeta but definitely think he's gotten worse over the years. Was watching the dub when he first turns super saiyan and his line delivery has more edge and refinement to it, sounds like a dude you don't wanna mess with. Super's vegeta sounds, I dunno, more whiny I guess? Like a man who complains a whole lot before moving forward with a task begrudgingly.

Cell Saga was 'King Vegeta, Heir to Royalty' delivery, Super is obnoxious house dad.

Well, I mean...that kinda tracks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Parrotine posted:

Sabat perfectly understood Vegeta's character development then.

Though I have no horse in this race, René Garcia is my Vegeta forever.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Woah, mondo cool!

BoosterDuck posted:

thats right boys mondo cool

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
All Vegetas are good Vegetas. All Gokus are good Gokus.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

:hai:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

New Leaf posted:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

New Leaf posted:

Schemmel can suck my butthole out of its socket

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2dH-VD0aQw

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I love to pick vegetables from my garden!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Are there any "essential" DLC for Xenoverse 2 that I should look into? Kinda getting the itch again but I don't remember if I've played since launch.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the one with jiren gives you some PQs to get his weird meditation move that gives you 10 ki bars, and then a strike super that uses 10 ki bars and does just silly damage

for the new one, Toppo is REAL GOOD if you like using base characters, and his moves are really good for CAC. His God of Destruction ult is a fun little ki blast to use because it's a tiny ball that tracks infinitely (but slowly) and you can trigger it at any time to do a ton of damage.

You get some fun supers from the Super Broly DLC too, like a command grab that'll do the cartooney multi-slam on enemies if you can drag them to the ground. Ribrienne's got some fun stuff too.

One thing to keep in mind if you're mostly interested in PQ grinding is that the early ones, the Tournament of Power-focued ones, are terrible balance-wise. They definitely got better at it every DLC but early on they're just throwing 3-4 enemies with 7-8 HP bars at you at the same time and it's a slog.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

New chapter is up: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dragon-ball-super-chapter-71/chapter/22243?action=read

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Pretty good set up to make these action figures go crash, pow, boom.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat it Goku

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

There is something endearingly stupid about the baddies just paying Goku and Vegeta to go fight their battles for them

Also it just now occurred to me that the rival crime family to Frieza's empire is called the Heeters, real subtle stuff

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Hey, hey, hey! Vegeta also hasn’t been home. They both suck.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Love to see the heaters begging for aid and Getes and Goku are just like yeah that's pretty much what we do, thanks for the new guy to fight

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Chi-Chi you are great friends with the richest woman on the planet and/or your husband can gather magical wishing orbs in the span of like an afternoon, why are you worried about money.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Monaghan posted:

Chi-Chi you are great friends with the richest woman on the planet and/or your husband can gather magical wishing orbs in the span of like an afternoon, why are you worried about money.

It goes beyond money, she's interested in being a proper part of society, hence why she pushed her children to a path her husband never followed. Goku finding a job is not only about money, it's about the idea of not being a country bumpkin which she's always been in love of.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Nice setup so far. Hope the punchings part doesn't disappoint.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really, desperate want Toriyama to read JoJo and (re)learn how to write twists in a battle that aren't caused by someone just throwing the fight for no reason

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

It goes beyond money, she's interested in being a proper part of society, hence why she pushed her children to a path her husband never followed. Goku finding a job is not only about money, it's about the idea of not being a country bumpkin which she's always been in love of.

Except in this chapter she's complaining they are almost out of money they got from Mr. Satan, so she doesn't seem to give a poo poo about him finding a job, just the money. She's perfectly fine with Goku getting paid to beat up bad guys.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Monaghan posted:

Except in this chapter she's complaining they are almost out of money they got from Mr. Satan, so she doesn't seem to give a poo poo about him finding a job, just the money. She's perfectly fine with Goku getting paid to beat up bad guys.

I mean that's part of what Krillin's getting paid for.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nanigans posted:

Hey, hey, hey! Vegeta also hasn’t been home. They both suck.

Call your families you jerks! :mad:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like the implication that Zuno answered that Goku and Vegeta's weakness is that for all their power, they can't disobey their wives. :allears:

multijoe posted:

There is something endearingly stupid about the baddies just paying Goku and Vegeta to go fight their battles for them

Honestly, this is probably the smartest thing a Dragon Ball villain has done.

multijoe posted:

Also it just now occurred to me that the rival crime family to Frieza's empire is called the Heeters, real subtle stuff

I was wondering why that name was bothering me so much!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They're also hyping Gas up a fair bit. Wonder what role he'll play.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rudoku posted:

I mean that's part of what Krillin's getting paid for.

that is not what the police do

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Stairmaster posted:

that is not what the police do

Yeah krillin has yet to plant evide-[POST HAS BEEN CENSORED BY THE BUREAU OF INTERNET POLICE]

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Shout-out to Frieza for being so hated that his numerous enemies end up wasting their energy fighting each other instead of him.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
There’s absolutely no way that this arc will keep up the current quality.

For one, Vegeta is getting a power that destroys. Obviously, this power will never ever hit or work.
And ironically it seems to run counter to Saiyan pride. I thought they relished fighting? How does atomizing your opponent equal fun fights?

Regardless, I look forward to seeing how this will shake out. The Heeters plan is overly complicated though. All they had to do was say there’s a strongest guy in the Galaxy and bring them there. No need for lies which will only end up biting them in the rear end.
I do wonder what the strongest brother’s deal is going to be. And if and when Freeza will show up. It’s be hilarious if he’s just a no show this entire arc.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goku's the one who enjoys battle for the sake of battle. Vegeta enjoys winning.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Darth TNT posted:

For one, Vegeta is getting a power that destroys. Obviously, this power will never ever hit or work.
And ironically it seems to run counter to Saiyan pride. I thought they relished fighting? How does atomizing your opponent equal fun fights?

I mean, Hakai doesn't necessarily have to be used on a person to be a useful technique.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

Regardless, I look forward to seeing how this will shake out. The Heeters plan is overly complicated though. All they had to do was say there’s a strongest guy in the Galaxy and bring them there. No need for lies which will only end up biting them in the rear end.
I do wonder what the strongest brother’s deal is going to be. And if and when Freeza will show up. It’s be hilarious if he’s just a no show this entire arc.

Hakai can be used on objects to make them produce powerful explosions.

The Heeters are lying cause they want them to actually kill Granolah. Just saying he is strong won’t make them do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the Heeters did all that because they assume the protagonists are normal people who need actual motivation to engage in battle