Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah, I also like a lot how Cell Max was just a mindless kaiju, while also using the Semi-Perfect design and a different palette, and fighting in a way that let Piccolo and the rest of the fighters shine. They let the Red Ribbons be the villains and characters which kept it feeling a lot more personal and fun than a Perfect Cell Max who'd just do the old menacing showdown crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
cell MAX was cool

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I need another movie with Pan NOW

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cell MAX was cool

when he blasted out of all his spots like Shin Godzilla I cheered loudly because the best part of seeing a movie with nobody else in the theater is that your power level can be unleashed

Haro_Wonderful
Feb 24, 2005

In the middle of a thread Haro forgot to post!
Pork Pro
Very reminiscent of classic Red Ribbon stuff from Dragon Ball. With a bruiser they pull out for the fights but the main characters getting to focus on exposition and moving the story forward.
It's refreshing the plot did end up being "bad guy wants Dragon Balls/has a grudge against Goku, or both".

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

magenta had every goddamn reason to be terrified of Bulma and her casual command over the divine powers of all time and space

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Cell MAX not being able to regenerate was cool and good.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Black August posted:

but it was live and glorious in color HD on the movie screen, and it was loving amazing because Piccolo was huge and orange and the finishing blow was a Father-Son Makankosappo

For me it was like 50 feet tall, because I got to see it in IMAX :dance:

I hope when they bring Gohan Beast back, they treat it like when he goes SSJ2 and just instantly wrecks all the Cell Juniors. Gohan is done with the situation, and whatever villain is involved is suddenly and definitively on the back foot.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Haro_Wonderful posted:

I was in the mood to talk about the Superhero movie, but this post pretty much sums up everything I was going to say. Aside from I am kinda sad we didn't get Cell Max eating those two new androids and getting a perfect Cell Max.
Yet the fact they didn't do the easy thing was surprising. I have to say I'm interested in where the series might go for the human characters. I wonder when Tien or Krillin get a super form.

Krillin should just be him learning how to do Roshi's Max Power form

Black August posted:

Yeah, I also like a lot how Cell Max was just a mindless kaiju, while also using the Semi-Perfect design and a different palette, and fighting in a way that let Piccolo and the rest of the fighters shine. They let the Red Ribbons be the villains and characters which kept it feeling a lot more personal and fun than a Perfect Cell Max who'd just do the old menacing showdown crap.

You just know we're going to get a Perfect Cell Max in one of the video games some day

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Haro_Wonderful posted:

I was in the mood to talk about the Superhero movie, but this post pretty much sums up everything I was going to say. Aside from I am kinda sad we didn't get Cell Max eating those two new androids and getting a perfect Cell Max.
Yet the fact they didn't do the easy thing was surprising. I have to say I'm interested in where the series might go for the human characters. I wonder when Tien or Krillin get a super form.

If Cell Max ate boat captain 17...oh God. Invincible.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

You just know we're going to get a Perfect Cell Max in one of the video games some day

Well yeah, you have to help keep the game makers and what-if youtubers eating healthy

Haro_Wonderful
Feb 24, 2005

Pork Pro

drrockso20 posted:

Krillin should just be him learning how to do Roshi's Max Power form

Oh that would be interesting, I completely forgot about buff Roshi.

Also I never considered Cell Max could eat the old Androids, that could be something for the Xeno games.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Mega Cell Max, who absorbs Gamma and 17 and 18 and since it was mostly mindless it becomes a weird fusion of reluctant-superheroism that is wished apart after the current Saga and threat ends

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Perfect Cell eats Cell Max to become Super Android Cell

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Cell MAX eats itself because its existence is pain.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

Cell MAX eats itself because its existence is pain.

Which ends up ripping a hole in space time, allowing Garlic Jr to escape from the Dead Zone again, he then proceeds to find yet another nasty magic thing that results in him being a threat again

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
We already got Cell X from Dragonball Online though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You know speaking of Krillin being retroactively made sucky it is weird how everyone remembers the Spirit Bomb as a screwup on his part.

In the manga Goku explicitly tells him Gohan couldn't do it, Krillin near instantly figures out how to shape it, and he even aims it properly. The only reason it misses is because Yajirobi yells at him to throw it while he is trying to focus which alerts Vegeta.

Dude did everything right under pressure.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ImpAtom posted:

You know speaking of Krillin being retroactively made sucky it is weird how everyone remembers the Spirit Bomb as a screwup on his part.

In the manga Goku explicitly tells him Gohan couldn't do it, Krillin near instantly figures out how to shape it, and he even aims it properly. The only reason it misses is because Yajirobi yells at him to throw it while he is trying to focus which alerts Vegeta.

Toei really wanted you to hate Krillin

Like, a lot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ImpAtom posted:

Also, even if Yajirobe hadn't yelled and alerted Vegeta, isn't not like the Spirit Bomb would have killed him.

Which is not Krillin's fault.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I remember someone on TVTropes was doing full recaps of episodes of Dragon Ball Z, and there's a point in the middle of the search for Dr. Gero where Vegeta turns to Krillin, calls him a bitch, and tells him to go home and drink milk. Not long after that, there's a scene of Krillin crying and saying that he wants to go home and drink milk. And not long after THAT is a scene of Android 20 coming out of nowhere to beat the piss out of Krillin before declaring that he's too weak to even bother sucking the energy out of and leaving.

Someone at Toei really has a hate boner for Krillin.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Screw Toei, Krillin got to retire from fighting in his early 30s, married a super hot android, is a great dad to his daughter and is a superhumanly strong cop who's actually a good guy.

Krillin won DBZ.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hate Toei

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The final boss of Dragon Ball is gonna be that Toei cat.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I want an episode where a famous detective is on the verge of retirement but wants to solve the case that's plagued him for years - Just who was the Diablo Desert Wolf Bandit who plagued the nation for years before mysteriously vanishing? And we find out that Krillin has been secretly covering for Yamcha the whole time by dropping fake clues and destroying evidence.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I remember someone on TVTropes was doing full recaps of episodes of Dragon Ball Z, and there's a point in the middle of the search for Dr. Gero where Vegeta turns to Krillin, calls him a bitch, and tells him to go home and drink milk. Not long after that, there's a scene of Krillin crying and saying that he wants to go home and drink milk. And not long after THAT is a scene of Android 20 coming out of nowhere to beat the piss out of Krillin before declaring that he's too weak to even bother sucking the energy out of and leaving.

Someone at Toei really has a hate boner for Krillin.

Been reading that myself. Got a lot of interesting trivia from that.

His blog for anyone interested.
https://tobiasdrake.tumblr.com/dragon-ball-liveblog
https://tobiasdrake.tumblr.com/liveblog-dbz

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
after thinking about the ripple effects an invincible more-or-less pure hearted monk cop would have on police corruption at large in a world like DBZ's, I kind of want a Krillin movie

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillumbo

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lunatic Sledge posted:

after thinking about the ripple effects an invincible more-or-less pure hearted monk cop would have on police corruption at large in a world like DBZ's, I kind of want a Krillin movie

Also, his ringtone is the One Piece theme song.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Krillin and Yamcha Buddy Cop flick.

Haro_Wonderful
Feb 24, 2005

Pork Pro
Going off the Tournament of Power dusting off even Roshi, and Superhero elevating Piccolo up to current Goku level. That and special Gohan form too. I have to assume Krillin and Tien get something soon. That or maybe Universe 6 Humans have some special trait they learn like the 6 Saiyans learned Super Saiyan.
Atleast I hope.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I hope Tien gets killed

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Haro_Wonderful posted:

Going off the Tournament of Power dusting off even Roshi, and Superhero elevating Piccolo up to current Goku level. That and special Gohan form too. I have to assume Krillin and Tien get something soon. That or maybe Universe 6 Humans have some special trait they learn like the 6 Saiyans learned Super Saiyan.
Atleast I hope.

Krillin will get "Actually starts training and trying again" and will get back up to near tier through smart training and technique.

Tien will get a move that scratches the current threat and kills himself so hard he retcons himself out of becoming a reoccurring character in DB by having him just leave before King Piccolo shows up. The one plot hole caused by him being deleted from canon is taken over by Master Roshi showing up and pulling some bullshit to stall Cell like the hypnosis and electric hands. This has the added benefit of reinforcing the franchises' overall themes of technique and self mastery overcoming raw brutal power.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 8, 2023

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Haro_Wonderful posted:

Atleast I hope.

Krillin probably, Tien probably not. Which is a shame, I like both of those characters and would love it if they were relevant.

Oh well, at least Piccolo and Gohan got their new forms. Super Hero was so goddamn good.

Haro_Wonderful
Feb 24, 2005

Pork Pro
Gonna be 100% honest I never even thought about Tien until Team Fourstar stuff. Before that he was just 3 Eye Guy.

I only ever thought of him when he was on screen. Like a male Launch. I'd like to see them bring back the Orin temple, or wherever Krillin first trained, more than the Crane School.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

the franchises' overall themes of technique and self mastery overcoming raw brutal power.

But in basically every fight in the franchise, the winner is just the one who has higher stats

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Manga Roshi has Faux Ultra Instinct, and Whis said the technique and transformation are sorta separate.

Krillin also originally learned under Roshi just like Goku, and being "relatively weak but skilled" has sort of been his thing at least in Super.

Ultra Instinct Krillin without as massive a power boost wouldn't be TOO out of left field.

They'll probably never do it though.

Edit:
Hell, even Ultra Instinct--Sign would be cool. Krillin's a clever guy, he could probably figure out a good use for "almost no attack boost, but auto-dodge."

Captain France fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 8, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vegeta loses his role as training partner as Krillin and Goku UI train without him

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Think i'm gonna become a Tien fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Think i'm gonna become a Tien fan

You okay there, bud?

Everything alright at home?

(Honestly Tien has been aces for me just for tri-beaming Cell.)