Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

New episode owns.

Power level obsessed fans are going to lose their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Okay NOW they've done all the Broly stuff for sure.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why does r/dbz have to be such a cesspit? go there for early commentary and all of it is whining about kale and caulifla

jesus

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
That episode was pretty kickass. Glad Kale is still in the fight, and Caulifla was fun this episode too. Also glad Hit is helping his team out.

Pride Troopers continue to be the best though. :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i wonder if goku could've taken kale out with kaioken?

anyway, good ep!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only thing I didn't like was Nigrisshi getting tossed out like he was fodder after getting a whole scene to himself. Even if he's weaker than Vegeta I expected him to fight someone else, or at least throw a punch. I guess he was a red herring, but he didn't do anything to be that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

New episode owns.

Power level obsessed fans are going to lose their minds.

too late for that

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Everyone in Youtube and r/dbz are super pissed that Goku Blue got owned by Kale.

On the other hand I am super pissed that we only got one episode of Kale before jobbing to Jiren.

On the plus side, she didn't get knocked out, so maybe we will see her fight again with a more controled inbetween Legendary stage

Also, who would have thought Super would give us another "SON! GOKU!" this soon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
People are surprised that in an arc that's going to feature a new powerup, the old powerup is shown as obsolete.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Kale owns.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

New ep up on crunchyroll. :allears:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also there is no way (for those waiting for english subs) Kale not being eliminated yet doesn't lead to something. I predict a Zenkai Boost that lets her turn Legendary Super Saiyan Blue.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Also there is no way (for those waiting for english subs) Kale not being eliminated yet doesn't lead to something. I predict a Zenkai Boost that lets her turn Legendary Super Saiyan Blue.

Well, there was that new movie/ride thing with God Broly.
The form's even in Heroes now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad the broly bullshit only lasted one episode

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I kind of liked that both Jiren and the other pride trooper both blindsided Kale in their respective attacks. I was convinced that Jiren was just going to wander over and one punch her which would have been annoying after all she had been built up, but instead she just got caught. I want to see more of her and am holding out for Legendary Super Saiyan god.

Also the low key moment where Cabba got to show a little of how tough he was after a bunch of episodes where he's been kind of a comedy character was a nice touch. I like that the three U6 saiyans each get to play the roles of both comic relief and bad rear end in different moments. They feel fresh and I'm genuinely invested in them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it's lame that they're taking broly seriously

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kale owns, Cabba owns, Cauliflowa owns.

U6 saiyans mix comedy/fun moments and serious moments well.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I also like how most of us were expecting Hit to get in a head on confrontation against Jiren and end jobbing, but instead he is fighting strategically, retreating from any unecessary fight when possible and using his time hack skills to prevent his team from ringing out.

Hell, so far U6 is the one fighting most strategically with Bota Magerna combo, Frost camping and Hit as support.

They really did bond through that baseball match. Screw U7, go U6!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Broly poo poo owns, what the gently caress

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I think Caulifla might get knocked out next episode, causing Kale to either go full on complete rage mode, or master her power and smash some fools.

This episode was good, next episode is gonna be good, man this arc is ramping up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That was a good episode before and after Broly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kale owns

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I love my cool gay friends Caulifla and Kale.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I got to watch the back half of live stream English subs, and it was the best decision I've made all day.

Everybody was so mad. B-b-but Super Saiyan Blue! It's not supposed to be weaker than LSSJ! Mah canons! Mah power levels!

I giggled. I giggled like a little girl.

edit: One distinguished gentleman declared that this episode, in particular, makes GT better than Super. I wish I had gotten a screenshot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bowmore posted:

That was a good episode before and after Broly.

yea caulifla vs goku was great and I hope they do more stuff like that

but I don't understand why it's ok when kale does this stuff but not ok when broly does the exact same thing; why is he lame but she isn't? jiren just instantly blowing her up after all that was kinda silly too

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Kale is a likeable character who actually has a character. Brolly is well Brolly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

her character is literally broly

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Only thing that bugged me was Caulifla turning a blind eye to her good friend Kale

Like it seemed super out of character for her to not at least be like "Nah, this fights just super important to me!" or something.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kale spends more time in her base form which humanises her more and she has a fun enough relationship with Caulifla and to a lesser extent Cabba.

This is infinitely better than Broly. The fight scenes weren't Broly's problem.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Only thing that bugged me was Caulifla turning a blind eye to her good friend Kale

Like it seemed super out of character for her to not at least be like "Nah, this fights just super important to me!" or something.

I interpreted it as natural saiyan fightlust taking over and Caulifla just straight up not registering what Kale was saying.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I read it as intentional, as in purposefully attempting to draw out Kale's transformation.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish Goku had said "You are almost as strong as Broly the strongest fighter I have or will ever face." Also "Yo" was great.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In her defense, haven't you ever had an insecure friend that's asking you every 2 minutes "Hey, I'm not being a bother am I?"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This episode made me feel bad for her since it seems like Cabba and Caulifla just ditched her immediately - the latter being the very person who wanted her to come along to this in the first place. It looked like she was about to be Kale's next target when Jiren intervened, so that might say something about their relationship.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

it's a pretty saiyan reaction to be mad at someone for interrupting a 1v1

she should probably have seen that coming after the cabba thing tho

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
This episode was loving lit, the gently caress are you guys saying 'Oh, I hate this Broly stuff', Broly was bad for reasons that didn't have anything to do with ludicrous fight scenes, and considering this series is all about ludicrous fight scenes I don't understand how grognardy you could be to say Kale is too much for loving Dragonball. They go out of their way to show her losing her poo poo wasn't an ideal situation and she couldn't fight with intelligence and strategy, hence why Jiren smashed her. This was a really good setup episode to show Kales crazy power but massive pitfalls that means she needs to have some change and growth if she want's to be effective and shows how much more well oiled the Pride Troopers are.

Also the tears, the rage, the fury :allears:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kale/Broly existed purely to show how powerful Jiren is, that's terribly lame.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So this basically confirms Kale learning to control the form later. Curious as to who she gets a cool fight with tho.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Junpei Hyde posted:

So this basically confirms Kale learning to control the form later. Curious as to who she gets a cool fight with tho.
No, she suicides herself to save her sister thus her character arc completes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

bowmore posted:

Kale/Broly existed purely to show how powerful Jiren is, that's terribly lame.

No, if that was the case she'd just have been knocked out here, she's being kept in and I'd say Caulifla will get knocked out before her going by the next episode. She'll play a significant role in the near future and will probably involve controlling her power and her form into something that was seen in one of the preview images, at which point she'll be a lot more effective.