Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

TwoPair posted:

So help me god if there's not a Mr. Satan DLC then this entire game is bullshit. And don't try to tell me it's not possible for him to do long-range attacks with no ki, Bamco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOYb6syuh8s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Mr Interweb posted:

it's not that i necessarily think the original was entirely bad, it's just that i absolutely loving hated broly's motivation (if you can even call it that)

Hard agree. Before the DBS Broly movie even existed, I always thought it would've made way more sense for Broly to hate Vegeta and that the Kakarot!!!!!!!1 thing always felt shoehorned in just because Goku was the main character.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Brother Entropy posted:

broly having such a stupid reason for hating goku was the only good/toriyama-esque thing about old broly

Yeah, somehow this is also true.

Just thinkin about the old days of DBZ where all the incredibly overserious screamy shounen stuff would be punctuated by just the most bafflingly batshit writing.

If anything DBS has at least got a better balance between gags and shounen stuff but I do feel like we lost something along the way............... :rip:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

SirKibbles posted:

So this just happened. I mean it was obvious that if they did Buu it'd be in shorts because there's nothing there

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1223495626228404225

:rip:

But for real, TFS ending DBZA has kind of been a given for a while now yeah? The real punch in the gut, for me at least, is that besides Hellsing Abridged (I think that's also done?) the rest of their content is so forgettable it hurts.

I would feel differently if I knew the other stuff they were working on was as high quality as dbza ended up being, but a lot of it swings between mediocre to boring. It especially doesn't make sense considering how consistently good dbza was - you'd think they'd found a winning formula that could pretty easily be applied to their other stuff, but also maybe I don't understand comedic writing.

Am I alone here and just not giving the rest of their content a fair chance or is this actual? I've considered that maybe I only liked dbz abridged because it took me for a ride on that sweet nostalgia train, but I'm leaning towards it being actually Good and Cool.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I don't care much for an abridged Buu arc but I wanted to see them salvage the first two anime arcs of DBS into something better and more powerful :v:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Super is already goofy as is though?

Remember Satan Punch?

lmao Goku picking up the tractor as he pretends to get knocked out of the arena is legitimately one of the funniest things they've done, it ranks up there with the Freeza/Broly super saiyan thing and 17 blowing up transforming fighters. Yeah Super is goofy as hell, it just wasn't the greatest produced thing sometimes, even when compared to the clusterfuck that Z was - though I guess they had manga panels to storyboard off of in Z's case?

aaannnd there it is. I guess expecting TFS to work magic independent of their comedy chops and being held/holding themselves to a higher standard than the actual production company that handled the show is probably why they got burnt out

Hope when we see Super return it's higher quality since they'll have the manga to work from. The original plan was for Toyotaro to catch up to the show during its run, yeah? It just didn't work out iirc

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Has TFS ever done any 'making of' vids where they take people behind the process of making an abridged episode? It'd be really interesting to see all the work behind the scenes.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Skeleton Mom posted:

people act like the best joke in super broly was freeza killing paragus but it was actually freeza & bulma having nearly identical dragon ball wishes

Imagine if Vegeta knew. :cursed:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Mr Interweb posted:

i'm not super well versed in RWYB, but i did see a bunch of episodes in the fourth season, and i have to disagree. at least in that season, the animation was quite well done (for what it is, i guess). maybe not the best, but certainly the fight animation/choreography could compete decently with the average anime's.

the newer seasons aren't bad in the animation department, yeah. the prob is that to have any chance at having an idea of what's going on, you've gotta go through the earlier seasons, and a few of those are the eptiome of poor CGI animation

edit: beaten by Berkion :golfclap:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Burkion posted:

For another point in why they stopped DBZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9w7W8MFRcw

Just, this. This is the kind of poo poo they have to deal with, and it's not something they can just ignore.

Ugh it stings so much how much Sean sucks.

I don't know if I can ever be cleansed of this opinion

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Every time I'm on the cusp of thinking he might be cool I see some poo poo like this smdh

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean ultimately I’m fine with it but the girls have a very, very vocal segment of the fan base that hates them.

Just wait til they add Ribrianne

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Legit would be hyped for Ribrianne. Crybaby nerds who's dicks fall off at the thought of catching girl cooties while watching their punchmans cartoon show can go gently caress themselves.

lmao yesss. inject it straight into my veins.

aside from her though idk what other characters they could add from the ToP

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
wait who the gently caress are cabba and toppo

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Heroes has the entirety of Dragon Ball to play with, and yet somehow they manage to remain boring and uninspired. It's amazing

I don't know the exact name for it but there's a concept where the idea is that limitation and constraint inspire creativity more so than being completely unconstrained, and I think, aside from all its many other problems, maybe DB Heroes is a good example of the effect of having too much freedom.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Nanigans posted:

Conversely, Deku isn't incredibly selfish like Goku and actually has a strong drive to proactively protect and help people. Goku mostly does this as a side benefit to getting a good fight in.

tbf death has meaning in MHA

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
maybe vegeta will use the ultimate technique goku is too afraid to use: instant transmissioning inside moro to explode him from within

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Freeza was just so much of a tyrant that they changed the name of their entire race to "freeza race"

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
the great saiyaman rules even harder when you realize it's gohan coping with the PTSD of getting his neck snapped by the ginyu force on namek

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I'm imagining the gang beating gero only for his head to float up and fuse with the gigantic robot body that was part of the backdrop the entire time ala sigma final form in megaman x

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Namtab posted:

Step into the grand tour

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Really well done fight but they're really just making UI Sign into super saiyan 5 lmao

also did vegeta turn a yardrat guy into like 20 smaller yardrat guys? is that the power? is he gonna split up moro and then step on em?

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

ImpAtom posted:

while the strongest the heroes had was Vegeta.

:smith:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Still say the next big villain should be evil Bulma from universe 6 Earth

Who'd basically be Lex Luthor

needs more of a menacing aura but it's a start

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Darth TNT posted:

Here's a silly thought for Moro's defeat.
Merus will fight Moro and let his powers be copied. Then when the other angels intervene for interfering with mortals they'll erase Merus and sensing Merus in Moro erase him as well.

:hmmyes:

I don't think this is even remotely off the table

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
give me dbz but at 2x speed

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

CharlestheHammer posted:

The arc should have ended with A Trunks victory honestly. He was set up and had actual connections to Cell

cell's bro and sis killed future gohan though. at least gohan's arm being busted at the end is a cool callback to him being one-armed in the future

It's kinda sad that future Trunks is such a cool character but somehow never gets what he wants. His only win ever I think (maybe?) was against the future versions of the androids and cell. Buu too I guess but it was off screen so it doesn't count :colbert:

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

multijoe posted:

Major spoilers in link:

https://twitter.com/This_is_Salimo/status/1315985286992625664/photo/1

So did Toriyama literally just run out of ideas and start copying scenes out of the Cell Saga verbatim? This looks dreadful

whatev, this is hilarious, but prob not in the way that's intended

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
this chapter was sick and I can't wait for goku and vegeta to go on an adventure inside moro to retrieve the magic lamp like in the hit movie aladdin

potential hilarious outcome for vegeta's whole training/fission thing is it's never mentioned ever again

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
gritty zach snyder dragon ball movie "FREEZER" about the psychological toll on freeza's mind during his time in hell

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
freeza and bulma having the same type of wish is funny as hell

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
a little on-the-nose but Granolah looks more and more like a saiyan too

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
eagerly awaiting the appearance of Kakkagito

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
I decided Kakagitto is the fat Gogeta and he runs the mafia

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
okay but like how did we go from new father sees analogue of his wife and child and becomes sympathetic to their plight despite his ways to biotruths

Pyrus Malus fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 21, 2021

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
so many of the main villains in db are underwhelming because people focused solely on being the strongest are boring

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

pik_d posted:

It appears it is time to get our hopes up for... something

finally... rollback for dbfz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Black August posted:

It's extra weird since they already had the easy out of just wishing themselves apart.

you gotta get Vegito to consent though

(being Vegito is prob p cool)