Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

khwarezm posted:

Can mortals watch Godtube?

Yes and it pisses Zamasu off to no end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
IF Goku Rose isn't posh then what is even the point of dubbing it at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Where I'm from girls getting jealous their best friend is talking to someone else besides them is pretty common though

Do they also want to gently caress them? Like Kale does

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Blue Star posted:

lol at everyone arguing over whether or not kale and caulifaa are gay, just lol. Power level discussions are better than this. Kale and caulifaa are boring one-note characters so who cares if they together or not? :shrug:

Anyway one thing i've been wondering is why the Gods of Creation are all drawn from a specific race (shinjin) while the Gods of Destruction seem to be from different races. Maybe to be a God of Creation you have to be born a god, but they'll let any ningen become a GoD if they get strong enough.

Also why are all the angels so much stronger than even the gods? Is it just because theyre immortal and have more time to get swole?

Dragonball is exclusively staffed by one note characters so why care about anything.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Well Brolly's whole motivation was that Goku cried too drat loud as a child so Kale's motivation being that her best friend is giving Goku too much attention is equally as one dimensional and makes sense

That isn't her motivation.

She doesn't give a poo poo about Goku specifically.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm still getting over how he sounds like a generic hero instead of a fight-loving hillbilly in the English version, so... :shrug:

That's a dumb thing to care about

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The dub is way better tho.

Like Jesus the original is aweful

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rutibex posted:

I have watched too much subbed Dragonball now, I am used to hearing the Japanese attack names. Also I love the way japanese Goku says "Thank you" in english all the time, its adorable.

I have noticed that in other anime, is it like a thing?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ryaomon posted:

it's been 9 minutes over the course of 6 episodes. I hate Dragon Ball time.

Why do you care.

If they hadn't given a specific timeframe, would it really change anything.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

The major problem with DBZ movie villains is that almost to a man they're Budget Knockoff versions of existing and better-done characters and storylines and while that's okay for a 2-hour well-animated fight it doesn't actually give them anything meaningful to do. They actually rely on "oh, it's Evil Goku/Piccolo Again/Frieza Again/Androids again/etc" to fill in the blanks and because it's a film there's no development or growth or change in characters. It's why BotG/RoF (even with RoF's problems) stand out because they do actually advance and change things, even if it's in a minor way, though obviously Super somewhat replaces that and it becomes "do I want the nicely animated coherent version or the bloated one with more buildup."

To be fair ROF fits the old movie definition better than it does BOG

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair Super ROF is just ROF but better. Because ROF doesn't really work as a movie.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He didn't have any in DB either.

Outside maybe the first tournament.

If you are stretching things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kild posted:

you mean the guy who went off to an asteroid and whined until he got saiyan so he didn't see Trunks' birth either?

Vegeta was an rear end in a top hat what is your point

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So one bad instance a decade ago is more relevant?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Episode "30" was three episodes totaling roughly 32 minutes so...yeah they could do it all in episode 60.

Though I think they said they aren't doing it that way.

Not like it matters they have kind of shelved 60 for a while do to that dub they are making and some other mystery projects.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah Frieza has never been a serious character, he is a character that is so much better than you he fucks with you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Oh my loving god the dub continues to be incredible.

https://twitter.com/MsDBZbabe/status/901646500924723201

Piccolo has been thinking about this for a long time apparently.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They are also expanding rapidly into other things which probably has eaten up a lot of time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It is funny so that would be weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

seiferguy posted:

I've watched enough of their videos to know that their humor basically applies to teenagers that spend their days watching LPs. They're fine as an abridged thing, but humorous? Nah.

Not really.

And do you really want to throw shade in a thread about a children's cartoon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

bowmore posted:

At the start it was like that, it improves dramatically from the end of the frieza saga

I would say the middle when they incorporated jokes instead of the weird family guy humor all the other abridged series fell into.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

DBZA after the Androids is really good, but tbh I'm really not a fan of the stuff they create originally. Maybe it's because the art doesn't mesh well with the original images

No that stuff is really bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

It's almost as if humour is subjective.

No that is objectively bad.

Trying to graft new stuff on already existing animation is already a hard task and none of them are animators so.

Though what that has to do with humor is beyond me.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 30, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Why, it serves no real purpose especially when the quality of the product isn't even being discussed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Between this and the guy who was offended at the idea that Vegeta would say babe I got to say that the Dragonball fandom is weird.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also dragonball would never resort to a cheap sex joke, nope.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 30, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah nostalgia. Though poop jokes weren't really a thing in Dragonball.

Most of its humor was ironically cheap sex jokes, at the expense of a 16 year old girl no less

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Aug 30, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

But go ahead and pretend your complaint is about morals or whatever your trying to get at.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dragonballs jokes are pretty bad agreed. Z eliminating them was the best thing for the franchise.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't think it's that they don't like it anymore and it's more they know that eventually it will end so they are taking every opportunity to diversify so when it does end they don't immediately die as they seem to have built their lives around doing this.

There is no evidence they are tired of it that is just fans being all sky is falling as they tend to do.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Fans like to ignore what people actually say so they can let their imagination run wild.

Hunter X Hunter has the the same thing we're the author is open about why he has to keep quitting but people still think it's because he is tired of it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

yeah but they still died

A lot of fiction doesn't really seem to care about that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait who is mad about the god of destruction thing.

I mean yeah it's dumb but the celestial hierarchy being dumb isn't new.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

it was also explicitly stated that goku saved people by instigating the tournament but that hasn't stopped this argument from happening

Well I at least understand that as it's kind of a lame cop out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He could throw the match.

He is supposed to be a good fighter so he could do it easy. Though you could make it a challenge to give the episode some conflict.

Alas that would have been rather interesting so we didn't get that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The gods are rather bad and dumb at like all things.

This is DB after all.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

sassassin posted:

God kids need an app to watch a fast fight.

And the strongest fighters underestimating weaker fighters is the most DB thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No one should ever listen to Beerus.

He is kind of dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's a fighting game.

There characters mean nothing.