Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Meanwhile
In parallel manga universe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DBZA is basically the only english voiced memories I have of Dragonball nowadays and I'd be surprised if I were alone in

Well it depends for me
I definitely dont hear DBZA goku in my head, but its a mishmash of Sabat-Abridged for Vegeta.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"I knew I shouldnt have gotten a dry clean only cape"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Justin_Brett posted:

I feel like Cabba being small and thin is more excusable since that's basically his character. Meanwhile Caulifla is supposed to be this gang leader that's somewhat intimidating but just looks the same as him except taller.

I think its more a stylistic choice to visually differentiate them from U7 saiyans, who are all about that bulk.

re: Zamasu arc, there were some great loving moments (every scene with Zamasu/BG interaction was gold) in it, but the pacing was terrible.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 2, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

deadly_pudding posted:

This was also true in Former Best Mecha Anime, Gao Gai Gar. Makes you think :thunk:

Jao Jai Jar?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tien being crutch 3rd is going to be a thing isnt it.
Use up your two fighters and then just shinkikoho to trade damage for tiens lifebar

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im thinking he just has absolute craptons of energy due to training/what he is/storage, but absolutely no wastage at all/perfect control. Even when he did get an aura he pushed it into his hand.
Alongside the UI foreshadowing there was some stuff about wasted movements/energy (iirc) so im willing to bet its that.

imo that also gels with how he likes to meditate and do nothing unless absolutely needed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Serge Painsbourg posted:

You can just wish her back. No biggie.

She doesnt want to come back tho

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ultra lols (the lol even gods fear) at the mere insinuation that goku knows how to and what is a french kiss

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

seiferguy posted:

Ultra Instinct Gotenks just rolls off the tongue.

Like a brick

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kild posted:

alternatively planet vegeta's high gravity forced them to grow tails for balance

Crikey
Theyre space kangaroos

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Super is going to carry on for as long as it shifts merch

Which is forever since last I checked db merch sold drat well even in the years of lull between gt and kai.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wuxi posted:

Is there even anything pointing to the U6 saiyans not being far stronger than basically anyone in Z ever was?

Kale seems to definitely be that

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did anyone make the super saiyan threesome joke yet

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Her supers better involve:
Shooting people in the face
Massive Bribery
all the capsules. every single capsule.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rutibex posted:

She's enough of a genius to stay the hell away from the fights. Also a mech could not speed up her reaction time, even if it was stronger than god Bulmas brain can not think faster than light to fight at appropriate speeds.

She hollows out magetta and turns him into power armor.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Meanwhile
Piccolo meditates and attains the greatest form
El Padrino

But he knows its not enough
So he prepares for the fateful day
The day where the ultimate supreme space warrior will grace the multiverse:

Pan's Quincinera.

Until then he trains Pan with the help of Alguacil Droopy

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 3, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Funky Valentine posted:

Also the last set of villains in Bleach were Nazi as gently caress in their aesthetic.

Angrily shouting German while extincting a lesser race, willingly dying for their god-jesus-fuhrer

yah they nazi as gently caress

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

multijoe posted:

Given the level of effort the author mistakenly put into this I'm guessing this is a genuine Gohan Blanco fanwork and not an ironic meme video

Por que no los dos

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kelp Plankton posted:

kefla will probably stomp goku, and when he goes ssjblue and uses kaioken she'll just go super saiyan and still stomp him

the only reason she wont totally beat him is the fusion will burn out and split

thats how fusions always work

At this point I am just rolling with it and I would be happy if either win or a double KO happens.
Or Begita-Sama shows his own trump card.
Or the Cicada will finally do something

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 5, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Esto es el fin, Blanco meme.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

deadly_pudding posted:

The ever-compressing time scale in DBZ/Super is pretty funny to me.

Saiyan Saga: 1 year
Namek/Frieza Saga: like a month and a half or something
Android/Cell Saga: Trunks appears, then there's like a 6 month time skip or something where everybody trains and Goku doesn't take his loving medicine. All androids and Cell are dealt with over like 2 weeks, if I'm not totally misremembering.
Buu Saga: Technically kind of long because of Gohan Goes To School arc, but the time between Babidi fucks up the tournament and Goku defeats Buu is like, what, not more than a week probably?
Battle of Gods: Beerus arrives and Goku achieves apotheosis the same day
Resurrection F: Frieza and everybody else train for 4 months, but there's like an hour total of Frieza being on/around Earth, split between 2 visits.

etc

Well bulma gets pregnant and has bulla during super.
So im guessing the entirety of super is set over at least two years.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ImpAtom posted:

yeah, Kale getting excited and eager about fighting did a lot to endear her to me as a character. I wasn't as fond of the Timid Whimpering Secret Berserk aspect but now that she's genuinely enjoying herself and you see her getting into the fight it really helps sell the character because you see her getting confidence and actually doing something with it.

Also I like how Kales VA can switch from "nee-san :swoon:" to "RAGH IM BROLY" on a dime.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ImpAtom posted:

It would be hilarious if Frieza accidentally found himself liking Goku and didn't even realize it. He's just going "heh, i'm helping him for my own reasons this time... and this time... and this time and... poo poo why am I babysitting Pan?"

"Good Kami in heaven Im respecting the monkey"
*Goku blasts kefla the gently caress out*
"gently caress it Im respecting the monkey"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Terror on the farm! Chi chi against a powerful turnip?!"
"Preparations from an old enemy complete! Super Mochi Moon appears!"
"A sudden shotgun blast! Is this the end of Jiren?"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stairmaster posted:

Alternative explanation ui is Goku becoming kenshiro which is why no one can beat him when he's in that form

yeah its this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddo9pn705iI
its got afterimages, an iconic vocal track, Kenshiro using other peoples techniques, everything

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 23, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Freezazul

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jiren just has to say the magic word

NANI?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Goku legitimately defeating an opponent 1v1 would be the fresher breath of air at this point

Well he just beat kefla fairly

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku only ever beats goons in 1v1s except for freeza. kefla is basically the nappa to jiren's vegeta at this point

raditz: not a 1v1, still dies
vegeta: gets his rear end kicked in the 1v1 and is saved by a 4 year old, a midget, and yajirobe
freeza: goku... wins???
androids: heart virus
cell: forfeits, dies
buu: not a 1v1
beerus: gets beaten up by a space cat
freeza for the 3rd time: loses and needs vegeta to bail him out, who then needs whis to bail him out so goku can killsteal
hit: boneitus
zamasu: has to call in a baby to bail him out when he loses
jiren: lost once already and wants a rematch

So what youre saying is

Goku is infact the legendary jobbersaiyan

Though the movies might have helped cultivate that image of undefeatable goku, he has a much, much better record there iirc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Turtle and guldo
http://dbfg.japeal.com/?p1=99&p2=102&c=0

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fortuneteller super buuba

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neck tingles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> s cells

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kashuno posted:

I hope Vegeta doesn’t go the UI route at all

Hes been one step behind goku for-goddamn-ever
I want him to have a thing to himself. If goku gets instinct, I want him to get perfect ki control.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 5, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Momomo posted:

Whis also said they were the opposite anyway, and Vegeta was more defensive (because he's always on guard) and Goku is more offensive (because he's carefree).

iirc it was overthinking (vegets) and not thinking enough/not focusing on the fight (goku)
nothing about offense/defense.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fartbox posted:

I hope Frieza has some scheme up his sleeve since he hasn't really gotten any good fights. Even Gohan and Piccolo did get the cool namekian fight but Frieza has mostly been slapping jobbers around

Hes had a lot of kickass moments, and has the highest kill count for the absolute east effort, outside of maybe jiren but we dont know if what jiren did constituted actual effort.

HOOOOOHOHOHO

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RealFoxy posted:

Freiza is probably at this point slightly weaker than Goku's base and on-par or stronger than Vegeta and hasn't even expended any energy into doing things in the tournament. I don't know whether or not Freiza will end up with Ultra Instinct like Goku or inevitably Vegeta will but I'm pretty sure his Gold form is probably matching Vegeta and Goku's SSB with less stamina loss.

Frieza will fo something cool

And thats much better than power levels.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 15, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Beerus looks like a crock of ahit to fight against.
And friezas explodey grab looks really loving good for combos. A grab that turns into an air combo wow

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Heroes isnt canon tho

Piccolo has dangly bits
And they stretch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It was super cool how zamasu left a little but of himself in gokus pocket and when zeno came fown to congratulate goku on winning he leaps out and stabbed both of them in the face