Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So, Super Manga did the "Zamasu still lives" reveal better, but it's too Goku focused and the awesome Trunks-Sword scene is completely gimped. Anime is superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I thought I was called Dragonball super because it's super profitable and marketable

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Every video uploaded by Gowasu has a single dislike. Gowasu never realizes who might be behind them.

They also have 1 view.

Covok
May 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

This gif needs to be seen by everyone, no need to spoiler it. Zamasu teaming up with Goku Black is not a spoiler. The spoiler is Goku Black being Zamasu too

This is going to sound odd and I'm not an animator and never animated, but I always thought scenes like that were the hardest (or at least hard) thing to animate. By that I mean scenes where the imaginary camera revolves around a target so you slowly see it from different sides. It just seems that you would need more frames to make that look fluid than any other type of motion.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Caulifia then turns Super Sayian God Super Sayian Super Sayian which turns you Green. Goku then calls it Super Sayian Green. Toei Animation makes 1,000,000 Yen.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kale being similar to Gohan is on purpose, so I don't understand why this is an argument. And Caulifla is U6 Goku, and Cabba is funhouse mirror Vegeta, and Hit is purple Piccolo. Their gods are fat Beerus and fat Shin and girl Whis. Frost is literally blue Frieza. This is Universe 6's theme.

gently caress, I was coming in to point this out.

So, instead, I'm going to go and say that Magetta is a play on how all of their villains were androids for a while and Botamo is meant to be reminiscent of Majin Buu.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Shindragon posted:

P much, I think SSJ4 is silly but is way better looking than SSJ3. Not to mention, anyone who gets SSJ3, they almost all look the same (no eyebrows etc, one bang etc)

edit: Also, I think you guys probably realized but I didn't see anyone comment it but I like how Goku even confirmed the back tingly feel. He was yeah something like that. HAH

What if they show Caulifila looking slightly different when she goes SSJ3 to imply that it doesn't look 100% the same with everyone?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Oh, also, looks like they have officially named Kale's transformation "Super Sayian Berserker."

Sindai posted:

Everything about that episode was great. Especially Good Teammate Hit.

Judging from the preview, next episode Kaulifa sacrifices herself to protect Kale. Hopefully then she learns to control herself a little and manages to do something useful.

Funny you should say that as it looks like they're planning on having Kale gain control of her power and obtain a new form. Presumably, it'd have all the power SSJBK (SSJBE? How do you do an acronym for this considering Super Sayian Blue has the same one!) but without the loss of control.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, that's only how the DB wiki decided to call it because accepting it's the Legendary Super Saiyan form was too much for those weirdoes. They aren't exactly lying about them making the name up either, the article itself has "[unofficial title]" written under its name.

Oh, I didn't catch that since I just saw it on Kale's page. So, are they ignoring Vegeta saying "this is a Sayian's true form" then?

Covok
May 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah my bet is that she won't lose control in this form but will be nowhere as strong as her berserker form. Kinda like the Kaiser transformation in the Breath of Fire series.

Otherwise there is no drawback to the Berserker form if she then gets a new form that has the same strength and she doesn't go ape poo poo.

I mean, that's basically super sayian 2 vs those weird in-between forms. There is literally no reason to ever bulk up your muscles with your super sayian power if you can go SSJ2. So, it's not outside the series to say "you learned to control your power so now you get a better form with all the benefits and none of those old, pesky drawbacks."

Covok
May 27, 2013

I mean, Kale and Caulifa are in some kind of romantic relationship, right? Or atleast have feelings eluding to such, right? Like, maybe I'm reading into that, but they do seem close, no?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's implied kale is way into caulifla but anything more than that is wishful thinking at this point

I mean, Caulifla is pretty protective of Kale and has a lot of pride in her as her protege. Not to mention Kale freaking out when she thought Caulifla and Cabba were flirting. While it took Cabba to notice, Caulifla seemed to realize where Kale was taking it when she talked Kale down.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

well yea she's proud of her protege. you explained that one right away. and kale was really upset but caulifla talking her down doesn't mean she's actually into kale. it's all subtext and doesn't mean anything until they get explicit

I totally get why people would be sure that's the way it's gonna go but it's not there yet

I hope it doesn't turn out to be subtext the whole time, but we'll see. I can definitely get, though, why people making Goku/Gohan parallels find this discussion off, but I also don't personally see Kale as alt-u Gohan.

RealFoxy posted:

Haven't you goons ever met people outside because having a friend that is jealous you spend more time with someone else is pretty common without gay subtext

Of course. However, Caulifia's exact words were "what? you'd think I'd fall for a guy like that?" to try to calm Kale down. It's pretty explicit why Kale is mad that Caulifia and Cabba were "flirting," from Kale's certain point of view.

Covok fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 23, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kazy posted:

Is "Sis" some weird pet name then or some weird honorific.

I took it as how some people say "brah" and "bro" over here. Yes, I know only douchebags say that here, but still.

RealFoxy posted:

Where I'm from girls getting jealous their best friend is talking to someone else besides them is pretty common though

Do they often calm the other person down by saying they're not falling for/dating that person? I mean, I get people getting jealous friends are hanging out with someone else more than you. It happens to everyone, especially in High School, but, usually, you say "I know I'm dating X or like hanging out with X, but that doesn't mean I don't also have time for you" or some poo poo like that. You don't say "what? I'm not falling in love with them!" as a way of calming them down if it's just jealously over hanging out.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Shards of Fate posted:

Why has no one mentioned the closeup shot of Caulifa boobs bulking up in her transformation?

I mean, my thought when they when to a boob shot was "oh, we're doing a close up of bulking that t...of course we're doing that. Alright, proceed."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Burkion posted:

The hilarious thing is that immediately there after they looked way flatter than normal, like actual body builder's boobs.

I mean, who do you think they use for reference shots?

Also, breasts are a mix of fat tissue and mammary organs. So, if you turn all that fat to muscle, the breast is going to get smaller and flatter, no? Like that's how that works, right?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Cassa posted:

I am glad the unbeatable fusion of Magetta and Botamo continues.

Kale's beast mode ignoring the kamehameha was loving fantastic too.

All I could think was "she's doing the no-sell thing that Broly's known for!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

HGH posted:

Turns out being robots means the other fighters can get a lot more violent with you without killing you.

Don't worry, Ribriane and co. will be coming soon. You'll have plenty to cringe about then.

I really hope it doesn't get as cringe worthy as the temple scene. Holy gently caress did that one cross the line.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Crabtree posted:

"ChiChi, if you want me to stay on earth, we gotta have a threesome with my new lady friend, Caulifla."

"Also, put on this blonde, spiky wig."

Skinty McEdger posted:

Whole lot of people on the internet making excuses for Goku for why he got his rear end beat. I'm particularly partial to "he wasn't really trying."

Burkion posted:

They really, REALLY do not want to admit that she's the legendary SSJ over on the wiki

It's kind of sad how often "it's pretty identical to Broly BUT IT'S NOT" comes up

I wonder if, since the Manga is basically the Goku show, it will weaken Kale's moment of glory so Goku fans can get a hardon. Almost instantly, the manga will become "true Dragonball" to all these fans and proof that "Girls are icky and bad at fights and my fat, shut-in rear end can win in a battle against any girl and excuse me while I take my ashtma medicine then pound down four triple baconators with bacon fries and a 167 oz coke."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kale and Caulifia both grow as people and as warriors: Kale masters the Legendary Super Sayian State and surpasses Broly. Caulifia achieves Super Sayian Blue.

Then, they are both erased from existence.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Goku is 43/44 years old right now, since he was born in 736 (Jaco retcon) or 737 (original date).

By shonen standards, he's really old.

By shonen hero standards, he is essentially an ancient cthonic being who will one day eat all that is and ever will be to end it all.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kale and Brocoli are in the same family of vegtables, no?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Black Goku Time Travel Explained

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

I hope they just redo the End of Z and redo the GT stuff with their new writing team, they seem to have a much better idea of how to do Dragon ball right now than they did back then.

GT-Neo with SSJB Pan and SSJ3B Gotenks and SHJG Uub.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baby saga is now about Baby Pan having a temper tantrum.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I really hope Universe 6 doesn't get erased. I bet they're going to pull a "you had the same number of people at the end so your universe stays" thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Onmi posted:

It would suck so much to build up so many characters to just erase them at the end of this arc. And like... Marketing would argue so hard against it.

To be frank, it wouldn't exactly be a new thing for Dragonball, though. Or shonen in general for that matter. I mean, let's look at One Piece. One Piece lives on introducing 1000s of characters every Arc only for them to be forgotten at the end of the arc. Yes, I know that one occasionally returns, they get a shout out in the cover-page-snapshot story from time to time and such, but they are essentially gone. Marketing seems to let One Piece get away with that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Jedah posted:

Marketing, the true King of All. If the demographic demanded it, even Zen-chan could be erased (and replaced with Freeza).

Who is to say that such things have not already happened?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Onmi posted:

Yes but One Piece doesn't erase those characters from existence.

I guess that is an important distinction, but I still see Whitebeard popping up in games.

Manatee Cannon posted:

freeza's already dead so could you even be disqualified for blowing him up

That cannot die which may eternal sleep.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kanos posted:

This is basically why I'm in the tank for "the inhabitants of all the erased universes get merged into the winning universe to make one big mega-verse", since it allows Zeno to keep to the rules of erasing the loser universes without having to delete all of the new characters while also simultaneously opening up like a trillion new potential plot hooks.

Perhaps. I mean, can we un-erase a universe? Is that a thing? Like, Universe 9 was wiped out.

You know, while most of them sucked, I did kind of Bergamo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Blue Star posted:

You are a bad opinion haver. Freeza is going to end up killing Frost. Cant wait for Frost to be off the show, gonna be sad for all the frost fans tho.

Yeah Im a Freeza fangirl, deal with it. Frost is going down. The way theyre setting it up, its obvious. He thinks he and freeza are equals, but guess what, there's only one Freeza.

And he does not share power.

Frost is done. Freeza will power up, Frost will poop his pants and that'll be that.

This is the kind of rant that ends with someone proclaiming the characters is their waifu.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I kind of want to see the Sailor Scouts from Universe 2 get into a fight. I wonder if they have some weird love love power or something like that. Not in like a weird way but you know because that's from thematic for those kinds of characters. This tournament all about how weird the universes are and how weird their powers are.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I think that Zeno Sama is a bad character.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Pilaf turns out to be a forgotten son of the High Priest, but never realized his truly god-like power because he never got his hands dirty.

Covok
May 27, 2013

a cartoon duck posted:

Angels aren't allowed to fight directly, but there's nothing in the angel rule book that says they can't use mechs instead.

The Airbud rule.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Zamasu: SURPRISE I HAVE A TIME MACHINE

Jesus loving christ Toyotaro.

Explain, you ningen filth!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zamasu posted:

"Zamasu, make me some tea."

"Zamasu, clean this up."

"Zamasu, come watch this funny GodTube video."

"Zamasu, observe this civilization for few years."

"Zamasu, don't stab those ningen."

Over and over with this guy. It was too much!

New Posting Gimmick Acquired.

Zamasu, what was your plan after the Zero Mortal Plan? What would stop Zen-Oh-Sama from just going "this is awful" the next time he ran the metrics on the universes?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Zamasu posted:

A later stage of my plan was to create a series of waterslides, surrounded by natural beauty. Then he'd be too distracted playing and having fun to notice that all the ningen were missing.

:tubular:

Frankly, you could just jingle keys in front of him and that probably be enough.

Covok
May 27, 2013

tbp posted:

i know it was cuz they wanted a callback to the broly movie but gokus kamehameha not doing anything to kale was kinda dumb

She was clearly tired out from the experience. So, it got across why people don't do that -- "you are basically letting yourself get hit 100%" -- while providing a reason -- "Kale is beyond reason" --- and establishing Kale's power -- "It has her winded and likely weary and wounded, but that's it" all while giving Broly fans a shout-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Nervous posted:

She probably used some kind of guard technique that simultaneously drained her Ki and Stamina while leaving her health intact :goonsay:

Not invalid argument. It is made clear by Whis that Goku's fault is putting his ki defenses down since that makes him only as tough as the average sayian (bullet proof, but not laser proof). Since she saw it head on, maybe she had her defenses up and blocked most of the attack, still tiring her out.

Regardless, Kale is stronk and no-selling that attack was awesome.