Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm a big fan of Vegeta's RoF gray armor. Not so much Goku's. But Vegeta's looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

From the Funny Pictures thread:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The song for the new outro is loving rad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The animation during Kale's power up at the beginning was amazing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So are the U6 Saiyans supposed to be young/children, or are they generally just a smaller race?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

https://cosplay.kotaku.com/the-best-dragon-ball-cosplayer-in-the-world-1820208210

I never thought about how loving creepy some of these characters would look in real life..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It just hit me that the arena is supposed to be made of some stupidly strong material, isn't it? Now any scrub that made it this far can shatter it like glass..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone else still following Multiverse? Because holy poo poo, I've really enjoyed the last couple dozen or so pages.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I really liked the U6 Namekians. Especially the smaller one's outfit. Think I'm going to make an homage to them in my next Xenoverse run..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Watch the dub instead, its at the Goku loses Pan after she tries to fly to space episode.

Where? Adult Swim was the Beerus dressed as Monaka fight.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

That was a hell of a finale. I screencapped this because I thought it was cool if anyone wants a quick and dirty wallpaper. Maybe some kind goon with photoshop skills will clean it up and get rid of the Crunchyroll symbol? :)

https://imgur.com/a/UlshP

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

a.lo posted:

Hello

Is Dragonball over now?

No there's a movie in December, then it's coming back sometime after that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone know how Chris Ayres is doing? I'm excited for the dub take on the tournament and it won't be the same without him as Frieza. I didn't realize it at the time, but my mother in law was recently diagnosed with the same thing that he's been dealing with - "end stage" COPD - and as out of breath as she can get just walking around, I can't imagine how much it would suck to rely on your voice for a living. Unfortunately I don't think the anime community will come pouring out of the woodwork to help fund her treatment..

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 27, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'd personally love a back-to-basics approach, maybe set in the future. An entirely new cast with enough familiar elements to still make it Dragonball but without this massive power gulf. Level the playing field again, more like the Saiyan saga. Team fights are always the best.

Either that, or a Xenoverse show, but with all the universes! Think of all the possibilities for wacky characters and crazy time hijinks!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

eonwe posted:

i'd like to see Goku and Vegeta split off from the main cast for a while

have them off with Zen-Oh fighting bad guys created by Nega Zen-Oh and its like high stakes but then the Z Fighters can also like do a thing and be useful too

I could see Zeno using his powers to create the next big bad just so he can watch Goku fight more.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

tbp posted:

fwiw i always assumed hercule at his peak was like, budokai 1 in DB levels of strength. probably wrong but i like to think he was genuinely very strong, just had absolutely no idea what else existed

He did break a bunch of bricks and pull some busses. The average Joe can't do that.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

tbp posted:

yeah like def below roshi and probably kid goku, but say, krillin level

Krillin at what point? He was just behind Goku in most aspects until the very end of DB. He even got a few hits in on Piccolo during their fight.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

They never revived poor King Kai, did they? I would have loved a shot of him during the last episode realizing he hadn't heard from Goku in a while and checking in only to find him in the middle of the tournament fighting along side Frieza.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rutibex posted:

This is the last we see of Universe 9. Notice how everything is on fire, and their Supreme Kai and most of the fighters are frowning. It is safe to assume Universe 9 still sucks, and this shot may actually be them looking at the ruins of that destroyed city:

Rabbit Girl and the Creature from the Black Lagoon look like they're having a good time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Hey DBZ thread, I have a potentially odd question for you but this seemed like the best place to ask (if not, please redirect me).
Which color scheme do you believe is the correct one for Shenron? I'm working on a painting of him, and have found multiple options. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not trying to be funny, but GIS is a good resource. What other sources are you finding that contradict the first images that come up?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 16, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If the rumors about the new story starting on Superman comics are true, we've come full circle and now Superman is aping Goku's origin.

Curious what you have on this. If its anything like I suspect, they might be stealing from "Invincible" too (the greatest superhero comic ever!).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cell would open his tail thing to absorb Arale, then she'd come at him with some super-powered vacuum cleaner and absorb him instead.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

I was reading the Vs Battle wiki and they said this is exactly what would happen if SCP-678 (??? The lizard that evolves to counter anything) fought Majin Buu

That's the origin story of Doomsday, the thing that "killed" Superman.. If memory serves, creator kept pitting him against these beasts then making him immune to whatever had just killed him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wellwinds posted:

Vegeta looks so much better the less blue they make his tights

Seriously. The gray tights outfit he had while training with Whis was badass, and they barely left him with it for an arc.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My buddy was stationed in Japan for a couple years and he bought me an assload of cards. Mostly singles of Krillin, because he knows I'm a fan and they're probably worthless over there, and some random packs. I have a lot of pretty shiny foil ones. Wonder if they're worth anything.. One day I plan to frame them somehow.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

I think I decided Xenoverse wasn’t for me when I tried to do Dragon Fist and the dragon part would completely whiff, consistently.

90% of the attacks only hit if you're in super optimal conditions and the AI decides to not move for some reason. One of Trunks' big finishing attacks - the Heat Dome Attack - requires you to be DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH your target. How loving often does that even happen, and even if you were there, how would you even see that you were lined up properly? But its what he used in the show to defeat Cell in his timeline, so...

The trick is to find the ones you like that work that 10% of the time and the game is a shitload of fun.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I mean.. that's pretty damning, but a bazillion comic artists do the same thing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is this a new mobile game or something?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Realistically, Hit should have used his powers to clear 90% of the opposition.. One time freeze and a good sucker punch would have sent most opponents straight out of the ring.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Or better yet, an entire tournament arc with Yamcha being the big hero and it ends with him waking up in his lovely apartment with his talking cat. Then everyone is home at the victory party and we never see what actually happened in the tournament.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zil posted:

Combine the two, Yamcha is knocked early on and Frieza uses Yamcha's unconscious body to ring out Jiren.

Oo, I like it. Yamcha would probably just disintegrate at that point. Then as everyone is celebrating, you'd see a Yamcha made out of stars giving a thumbs up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Or get Puar or Oolong to turn into him for a while. They haven't done anything useful lately.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DBZ fan film out of China: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVYdwTGSAnw

An impressive level of "give a poo poo" was put into this and it still kinda looks goofy as hell.. Worth a watch though. Cell is impressive.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

kai buu saga exists tho, so I'm not sure what you mean here

I think he's mixing up Kai and Abridged.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

zelah posted:

I had my threads crossed, I was talking about giant bomb’s All Systems Goku podcast. Sorry

I actually started that last week. I caught up to the Androids as of this afternoon. Their speculations are interesting, and I love their assessments of Yamcha.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Great, now he doesn't have to worry about having an enemy blow him up, he can do it to himself.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm going to miss Zamasu's voice actor (who is James Marsters, right?) He absolutely killed it in these last few episodes. I'd love to see the in studio video of the voice actors during these final few scenes, some really great stuff there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My Hero Academia is loving fantastic.

Also, how anyone other than Goku could touch Frieza is ridiculous.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Hey does anyone remember a few months ago where there was talk about a Cell vs Hercule feature film in the DB universe that everyone had to sit through? Did that actually happen or did I dream it? I know there's the tournament bit in DBZ but this was for Super and Cell's voice actor was coming back to the studio..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I haven't watched Naruto in years, and I never got into One Piece - are they supposed to be anywhere near a Dragonball level of power?