Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought it was Toei that brought Toriyama onto doing Super?

Either way how involved Toriyama has been with either the manga or anime versions of Super has been a thorny issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku is very powerful. Your favorite character cannot defeat him.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lessail posted:

Goku cannot defeat Goku, huh
He cannot, as the Black arc shows.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought it was called Dragon Ball Super because Goku's final opponent will be Superman.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Do not become addicted to senzu beans.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've been playing a bit of the Xenoverse 2 DLC and I like who they've cast for the dub Super characters, even if the actual voice direction in Xenoverse 2 isn't the greatest.

Fused Zamasu's "Back again Trunks? Whose aid did you bring this time?" line sure sounds Zamasu as gently caress to me in a good way.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 21, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My friends Kale and Caulifla are going to win the Tournament of Power and then travel to an alternate timeline and kill Broly while barely exuding any effort, because he is much weaker than them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dragon Ball Super owns and is the second best sequel to a classic 90's show on television right now that makes people real mad.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 24, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

what's in first
Twin Peaks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Namtab posted:

Even though gt is good and Canon, it seems hard to say it's the future of supers world. Think of it as another alternate future where beer us never woke up
A world where Beerus got his pudding cup and went home.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

deadly_pudding posted:

Anime in general is loving wild right now. We get simulcast subtitles of like very popular show the same day they air in Japan. loving funi is doing simul-dubs of My Hero Academia.

The future sucks, but at least the anime flows freely.
One of the few nice things about the cyberpunk dystopia we live in.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Monaghan posted:

I hope that all the characters get to move to U7 since they're great additions to the cast.

As compared to GT which had..... 0. 0 good characters.
Giru was alright.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dragon Ball is enjoyable in all of the Romance and Germanic languages IMO.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rutibex posted:

German Freeza really sells the whole "space Hitler" thing the best of all versions IMHO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK4lCQG5PCI
Of course German Goku would become more powerful by turning blonde.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly it's pretty cool that Dragon Ball is universal enough that theoretically anyone from any background can find something to relate to in it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe light reflecting off of Krillin's bald, shaved head will be the key to Bota-Magetta obtaining victory over Jiren at the end of the Tournament.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The sad truth is that most of the DBZ movie villains kind of suck, and the better parts of those original 13 movies mostly have nothing to do with them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

dr.acula posted:

What I would give to see a movie about the time-line Goku showed up to fight Freeza and his Dad
This but only if it's actually the first episode of an OVA that's an expansion of the History of Trunks story and has Imperfect Cell killing Future Trunks as a twist ending, and ends with an extended shot of Cell growing down into bug form so he can fit into the time machine, activating it, and then vanishing into the aether.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The best change DBM came up with was Frieza winning because Krillin ignored Goku and beheaded Vegeta on Earth. That's at least a clever way to do that instead of, I dunno, Frieza just happening to overpower Super Saiyan Goku or whatever.

But yeah Super's ToP is way better.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gohan will lose his shirt, and then the fight because he's Gohan.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurora posted:

Zamasu guy is cool.
Zamasu has always been cool.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku won that sparring match with Zamasu.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

gently caress you Gohan, you've killed the greatest GodTuber ever.

Yardrat dude is cool on the other hand, and everything about 17 was cool once again in this episode.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Frieza was in this episode. If you look closely you can see him in the OP and then again in the ED...

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

do you think gowasu's godtube channel was deleted with u10

what if you saved his videos? are your backups gone like that dude gohan beat up's pendant
I think it would only be gone if you saved it on a USB stick or something that happened to be from U10. If your copy of the video file was made in your own universe it's probably cool.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe Nyaa.se was hosted in U10.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Covok posted:

"I think it's quite clear, that you should not get a tattoo. And I can sum up my points in this very elegant, but simple, bulleted list.

Number one: tattoos, are permanent.

Number 2, you are a goddamned idiot.

And I'd like to prove this mathematically if I may. Take your current age. Now subtract ten years from it. Were you smart back then? Of course you weren't. You were a goddamned idiot. Fact of the matter is, you're just as big an idiot today, it's just gonna take you ten more years to realize it. Now think if you'd drawn a picture on your body ten years ago. Would you be happy with it today? Chances are, you wouldn't be."
I agree with this scary ghost poster.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I didn't know Android 18 was a gunpla.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Why are these games still using SSGSS? I can sort of understand Xenoverse 2 using it since that's what Xenoverse 1 used (And it used it before Super was a thing), but I thought Super Saiyan Blue was the accepted term now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's kind of weird they're sticking to it that hard. It's not like we're still referring to SSJ2 as "Super Saiyan Grade 5" or whatever.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe they'll pull a Nobunaga the Fool and it'll turn out Goku's soul is actually a reincarnated Son Wukong from Journey to the West, and now he's seeking revenge now that memories of his past life have returned.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Does Super keep Goku turning back into SSG on his own at the end of the BoG arc like does at the end of the movie? This episode reminded me of that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super in general has been pretty good about giving new characters relatively unique gimmicks. Even with something like Gohan vs. Botamo that basically is just punching hard, it's at least punching that is applied in a way that's a little different than usual.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tbh I'm not sure I like Vegeta having either variant of his Saiyan armor in Super. One of the kind of subtle details in DBZ was how Vegeta gradually wore less and less of his classic outfit as he acclimated to Earth's culture until eventually he was just wearing normal Earthling clothing in the Uub chapters. Super kind of ruins that progression by having him go from the tanktop getup back to the armor he wore during the Androids/Cell Saga stuff.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 20, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurui Reiten posted:

Goku goes Kaioken in SSG. How red is he, and is he, in fact, now three times faster?
Yes, though he also gains a strong desire to drop an asteroid onto the Earth for some reason.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Can't stun the Son. He just comes at you.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

From DBZ onwards at least, Goku being mostly static (Though something will probably come from the "mid life crisis" aspect in Super that will probably tie into why he ultimately trains Uub) is probably supposed to contrast to Vegeta's more dynamic changes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He gave Cell the senzu bean.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah the 16 thing fits with what little of a character arc 16 has but not quite with Gohan's. I wouldn't call it dumb insomuch as I could imagine Gohan snapping over seeing anyone getting their head stomped like they were in a Resident Evil game (Particularly in the manga where it's a little more mechanically gory than the anime IIRC), but it's not Toriyama's best bit of plotting.

Like wasn't the Cell Games the first time 16 and Gohan even met?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Granny Goku is best during comedic scenes where Goku has to yell "WAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH" while being thrown around or something.