Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

lol so its canon now that krillin isnt even the strongest normal human. eat poo poo baldy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the comical misunderstanding that roshi was going to violate her only makes sense to the audience because roshi is the kind of character who would plausibly do that

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gohan is japanese and goku is anti-japanese

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

iirc the priest said literally "ningen level"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

and of the universes participating in the tourney #11 (pridetroopers) has the highest level, and is also the universe with the giant thriving sci-fi city world, which kinda implies 2 me that the level refers more to the idea of civilization or progress than just the power to blow poo poo up w/ your ki or whatever

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

he means the space samurai who demands kisses for information

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

also he's zen-ō, not zeno. the -ō is like a title that denotes king. so he's the Zen Emperor

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

looking forward to the Cell Jr. arc

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

video game art is better. i dont like how toriyama's characters have gotten skinnier and more cartoony over the years. its like self-parody

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah but the manga looks like that too

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

or was toriyama pushed to match his art to the lazy animation studio? thats even worse

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

haha, well that explains the degraded art!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

rippling muscles and power-up screams and giant monsters are a man's romance. cabba is not

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

naw goku is gonna win and then say "zen-chan that wasnt nice bring back the other universes or i wont be ur friend anymore" and then everybody will gasp/jaw-drop and zen-oh will say "okay" and he'll do it. shounen

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Perfect Cell will make an excellent god of destruction imho

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

dragonball is set in a distinctly amoral buddhist universe and goons really really dont like that lol. look at how many tears were shed and continue to be shed over the idea of a ~god of destruction~ lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

chill my dude, its just an observation. its a huge culture shock for goons and i find it interesting

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

17 all he did was get wrecked by piccolo lmao

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

why would they have 17 in the game but not king kai's pet monkey

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

this was the worst episode in a while. would probably work better in the manga

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gohan represents modern japanese youth so whenever he fucks up big time, which is all the time, understand that toriyama is making a social commentary

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Leave jiren alone. Stop attacking him. This is wrong yall.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

well the end credits sequence prominently features goku and gohan teaming up so maybe they will tag team jiren/toppo that would be cool

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

TenCentFang posted:

I don't understand the difference between the Kamehameha and all the other beam attacks like Masenko, Final Flash, etc. Like, yes, there are different hand motions, but what are they actually doing that makes it X and not Y for all practical purposes?

I headcanon that Vegeta is mixing some kind of positive and negative energy for the Final Flash, but the rest I'm stumped on.

its how they collect and circulate the ki thats flowing in their bodies. but who cares

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

good episode. when frieza intimidates that egyptian-style goddess with just a glance he looks super mega badasss tbqh

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

furosutu and furisa

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Condiv posted:

question for the thread:

if you were hungry and buu was your friend, and he brought you a suspiciously shaped cookie, would you eat it?

buu is the capitalist and the cookie represents the stolen labor, flesh and blood of the beleaguered proletariat. so no i would not et the cookie and i would demand that buu restore that man his independence that he may enjoy the fruits of his own labor

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

wow this random alien named Apple is stronger than Garlic, King Pickle, AND Radish???? so dumb

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

tired of this power creep. Why are Nappa and Vegetable so much stronger than Radish when they're all the same species?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

he probably styles on jiren for a bit and then either runs out of energy or gets trumped by some bullshit skill and he needs to be put in a regeneration pod so all his friends stall the big-bad for 20 episodes while he recovers

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

thats obviously bald-form vegeta. look at the shape of the skull, its very distinctly saiyan craniometrics

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

hell, its super cell god.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

my personal theory on ultrinstinct -

when Cell exploded in space and killed goku he insterted a piece of his soul inside goku. all this time the tiny, mostly-dormant piece of Cell has been absorbing energy and learning and growing while watching goku grow. when goku passed out from the spirit bomb, the tiny Cell in goku's brain used the energy from the spirit bomb to temporarily awaken and took control of the body. thats why its an "omen" - when Cell fully reawakens he will burst out of goku's noggin and be the strongest being in the megaverse, stronger than all the GoDs and angels

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

he's not immune to hakai destruction, he was able to resist a quantifiable amount of hakai energy

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the next chapter of the manga shows clown god as being unusually and disturbingly powerful compared to the other GoDs so there might be some kind of dark secret there

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the final arc of GT with the shadow dragons is kinda cool plotwise. I like the idea of the supernatural dragonballs generating negative karma when goku and pals abuse them to solve all their problems. you can only revive krillin so many times before the universe starts to get annoyed

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Super Cell God arc will be really good and the highlight of dbs

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

cabbage and cauliflower are bad because bad anime art, saiyans should be muscle-bound freaks. kale, of course, is very cool for same reasons

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

freeza isnt cool or interesting. what he IS, is an incredible smug rear end in a top hat who will inevitably get thrashed. and seeing him seethe and rage while his ambitions get torn apart by a brain-damaged monkeyman will be hysterical, just like it was the first time he got crushed, and the second time. not so much the third time, but eh. thats why i like freeza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

woah jeez. sorry