Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Sucks to be you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Man, it's cool to see the androids live up to some potential. They never really got much of a chance in the cell arc, so it's cool to see them kicking some rear end

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Champa with a vuvezela is loving hilarious

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

lovely Wizard posted:

So is Ultra Instinct Vegito now on the table for this saga? If that happens, we're only a few steps from Gohan going full Super Saiyan Blanco and taking on Grand Padre as shown below.

Zeno-sama bless South America for this awesome goofiness

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say:

Caulifla is a way better 'rival Goku' than any of the actual attempts at making an Evil Goku/Evil Saiyan so far. Having her not be actively evil but just basically Goku fighting Goku and actually following through on her basically being Goku fighting Goku is satisfying. I really appreciate they don't hold back from letting her act like a protagonist and get stronger and adapt quickly and in generally do everything Goku does while also have Goku keep doing everything Goku does. For all that mid-battle fight evolution is nonsensical bullshit, it really feels satisfying to have a back and forth between two characters who are pushing each other and getting stronger.

She also honestly is just a good character to help emphasize Goku's positive/negative traits kind of fairly. Like you genuinely get the idea that Goku enjoys seeing her succeed and get stronger and pushing herself and while it's a bad thing for him to do because universes are on the line, it shows that he really does take pride in others and doesn't just want to be the strongest himself but to see others get stronger, which is a positive trait for a dude whose eventual manga-ending is 'becomes a fightmans teacher.'

Yeah, it was rad seeing Vegeta get in some Cabba time, and seeing Goku get to nerd out with Caulifla/Kale is a blast, too

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Esto es el fin, Grande Padre

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Holy poo poo, that was easily the best episode of Dragon Ball Super yet

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I hope Kafla goes L[esbian]SSJ3 and curb-stomps Goku, making all the powerscale babies cry for days

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

edit: nevermind

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I feel like the worst thing about this tournament is that basically anybody who isn't u7 seems like all they've been doing the whole time is just standing around with their thumbs up their asses [and a fair chunk of the u7 team,] like all the other universes combined have about half the wins of u7. Like maybe Dr. Rota could've beat some mooks off-screen from u3 or u11 or whatever, but nope.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I thought for sure Piccolo or Juuhachigou-san were gonna get chumped this episode

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I'm more pissed because like, we've had quite a few instances of fighters being INCREDIBLY close to the edge while fighting or for no reason at all! U4 had all the tools to just occasionally be like *boop* and have everyone in the tournament spend the entire fight on edge. U4 could've made this tournament absolutely amazing, and it makes the complete uselessness of them even more frustrating

That could've been a nice touch. Throughout the tournament, they could've peppered in a few instances where u7 [or any other universe] knocks someone close to the edge, and the contestant mysteriously falls off, but nobody really has time to figure it out, 'cause they've got to quickly deal with the next threat, while Mouse GoD silently chuckles to himself. The tension could slowly build before u7 realizes that they have to deal with this weird situation. But oh well.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I know it's not over yet, but it's kinda weird Toppo hasn't done poo poo, since before this tournament he was shown to be roughly on Goku's level. You'd think u11 would have more than two points to be in the "finals" like this.
gently caress, even Roshi took out more than two combatants

Also kinda surprised that with the "no killing" rule that there wasn't some sort of weak-assed kamikaze fighter used to DQ one of the tougher fighters [could've been a fun way to get Frieza knocked out, getting a little carried away and accidentally killing some weak scrub]

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

for like, years.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I thought platinum frieza was going to put up a better fight against Dypso

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Herms posted some spoilers on the twitters

Apparently Frieza is gonna try and bargain with u11, saying he'll cooperate with them if they revive him. I can't really see u11 falling for that, since they have Jiren.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I know power levels are bullshit, but it seems like the only rankings we really know are Jiren>Toppo>Dyspo, and Goku, Vegeta>Frieza, Gohan>17 [because 17 isn't as popular]

Gohan could maybe get pushed up if he gets all pissy about Videl and Pan possibly being deleted, or 17 getting eliminated because androids also trigger him

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Quick question:

Who is Vegeta's best man? Who is Bulma's Maid of Honor?

Vegeta: "I AM THE BEST MAN!"

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Elfface posted:

-gasp-

Your grandfather's name was also Gohan?

a battered Goku: "BLARGH, You're letting them kill Gohan!"
Jiren: "What does that mean?! Why did you say that name?! Gohan? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?"

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 12, 2018

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Just look at those sparkles. His big bang attack is gonna be a rainbow.

Super Saiyan Moon

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Crabtree posted:

THE PRINCE OF ALL SPARKLES.

I just tweeted Sabat in hopes that he reads this line as Vegeta

edit: and Drummond [to prove he's cooler]

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 13, 2018

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Super Saiyan big deal, Kakarott

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Delete Gohan the dude has been a lame fucker this whole time and the only moment he looked halfway cool was when piccolo basically forced him to do a cool thing. Why could we get Goten in here

Mods? please.

Gohan is cool and good and my friend and other forum tropes

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'm about to go Super Nobody 2 up in here

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

eonwe posted:

oh btw im going to this

https://www.kamehacon.com/

Are you going for the deal where you get to have a cocktail with the voice actress of Bulma?

I'd go, but 40 bux is a little more than i'd really care to spend on a silly event

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Natural 20 posted:

Isn't the entire point of the Ginyus that their ridiculous attitude makes them all the more horrifying.

Recoome is an idiot who spends most of his time posing or screaming attack names and yet this joker annihilates the entire cast on his lonesome and breaks a toddler's neck.

It really is the first time Vegeta just straight got curb stomped. Until then, Vegeta was basically overpowering everyone or really close to their level

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Kaioshin Vegeta sounds pretty rad, like he just transcends it all and becomes Prince of Everything

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

-Tenshinhan and Krillin will die before any of their friends and loved ones do.

They already have

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

yeah, it seems like 17 could've just let a Jiren blast kill him, Jiren gets DQ'd, U7 wins, but I do get that it's rather boring story telling-wise for the tournament to end that way

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, I don't think anyone is mocking latinos and their love of DBZ here. We're just enjoying their funny memes [and being amazed by how accurate they are]

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Bardock is somehow even dumber than Broly. Nobody ever gives a poo poo about Jor-el or Pa Kent, and nobody should ever give a poo poo about Bardock.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Does anime have some weird concept of a reverse Chekov's Gun or something?

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Why are so many people itt so determined to keep making me look at ssj4?

Hint: put DT on your ignore list, I haven't regretted it once.

Raserys posted:

You've described a red herring

I don't think that's quite the same thing. Like, nobody thought Krillin was gonna win the ToP with his upgraded solar flare, but it seems reasonable to assume that he'd use his new ability in the ToP at least once. If not, then why even bother introducing it in the first place? It'd be like if in the Saiyan Saga Goku learned the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, but never used either against Vegeta

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It's kinda weird seeing the "Gohan didn't train Videl right" posts. I mean, outside of the Z Fighters, she's basically already one of the strongest, most competent fighters on the planet, right? Like she's gotta at least be in the top 1% or so of the population in terms of fighters.

Let's say power levels are like money. She's already a self-made "millionaire" by 18 [years old], and sure, Gohan/Roshi/Piccolo could train her to be a "billionaire," but maybe she just doesn't care? Hell, if I only cared to learn one basic DBZ technique, flight would definitely be at the top of the list. Knowing how to throw hadoukens could be fun, but she can already punch the crap out of just about anyone she'd want to.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

multijoe posted:

So outside of the people who actually fight in the fighting show, she's one of the strongest fighters? Can't see any problems with that.

My point is that she's already super loving strong and talented, and her cool boyfriend taught her how to loving FLY. It doesn't seem like much of a stretch to assume she might not want Gohan training her by making her plow fields by hand or by leaving her isolated to fend for herself in the wild.
Yeah, from an audience perspective it'd be great to see Videl and more female heroes in the mix, but that's been one of the things I've actually really enjoyed about the ToP. I think Caulifla/Kale/Kefla and 18 are awesome, and Ribrienne didn't really grate on me at all.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

These X vs. Y fights always seem to forget that "power levels are bullshit."

Straight fight between Goku/Superman: Neither wants to kill each other, they fight to a stalemate, satisfied, and find out Cell and Doomsday have teamed up to destroy the world, and Supes/Goku team up to defeat them.

Goku vs. a mind-controlled Superman: Goku wins, Goku knocks Superman out of his mind control, and they both look forward to the fight described above.

Superman vs. Goku Black: Superman wins. Goku shows up and looks forward to the fight first described above.

Goku vs. Saitama: Neither wants to kill the other, they fight to a stalemate, satisfied, and find out Cyborg-Broly is a crazy monster level threat, and team up to defeat Cyborg-Broly
Edit: this one would probably have Saitama send off Goku to defend Saitama's favorite grocery store from some impossibly strong threat that doesn't exist, while Saitama kills Cyborg Broly with a punch

And you can repeat this formula for any combo of "your favorite hero" vs. "another similar hero."

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 6, 2018

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

double edit:

chiasaur11 posted:

The thing is, Saitama can't have a satisfying fight. It's one of his central gags.

so let's say Goku's able to absorb some strikes similar to Garou, but maybe some stronger hits, 'cause Goku before they get distracted by other things

triple edit: and Goku wouldn't go all the way up to Mastered Ultra Instinct, gotta keep the upper limits of their power vague so that fans on both sides can be happy

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 6, 2018

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

slice of life episodes are some of the best. so Marron punching a poacher into a fine mist could've been awesome

edit: speaking of, Marron should be like, crazy strong by dbz standards, right? Krillin is the strongest human, and 18 is above SSJ levels, using lamarckian dbz bullshit, that's gotta result in a crazy strong little girl. Chi-chi, Bulma, and Videl aren't that strong, so Marron should be on course for like, GoD+ level strong

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 9, 2018

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

she's never trained and not a saiyan, and she's already grown a few years without showing any interest at all in fighting, so she's likely not got any strength at all, just potential. Also, 18's limitless energy is a function of her cybernetic modification, so it's likely not hereditary.

Kild posted:

she doesn't have s-cells so lamarckian dbz bullshit does not apply

Fair points. Plus ultimately, I doubt Toriyama/Toei give a poo poo about her, so that really snuffs out any chance of her being as cool as she should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Chi-chi trained a Super Saiyan by herself.

Chi chi is on Tier.

Not to diminish her, but Chi-chi basically gave birth to a super saiyan, like Bulma and Videl