Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kild posted:

You can also watch super on daisuki.net

This is what I do, it's very good and way better than crunchyroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SENZU BEAN!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheHan posted:

I wonder if it's intentional that everyone who's done a heel turn never went too far as antagonists.

Face turn, a heel turn is when a good guy turns into a bad guy, like Goku in Super

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to the voices for the characters I haven't heard yet because I don't play the game that added U6 stuff to it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In the dub he will speak exclusively in Ebonics

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZKHBDf1whI

headphone warning

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jedah posted:

To be able to watch Cabba go SSJ and then copy it immediately, and then to see Goku's SSJ2, and copy that immediately, requires a certain kind of intelligence. Maybe not traditional Bulma/Gohan research & book smarts, more like possessing strong instincts and extremely high combat intelligence.

She's gone SSJ2 before the tournament though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Covok posted:

Yeah, not going to lie, that was a weak, kind of weird revelation to gain power.

Vegeta gained SSJ by throwing a temper tantrum because Goku had something he wanted but couldn't have. And no, that's not TFS revisionism.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

deadly_pudding posted:

Kale doesn't have a reference because Broly isn't canon :smuggo:

Gohan

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've started keeping track of days of the week by how many days it is until the next episode of Super

Also the new spoilers for eps 102-104 make the wait even worse

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

To be fair, Piccolo killed his brother. Goku was just giving him a hug.

Hugs must be a hereditary weakness shared by Goku's bloodline.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Saikyo Jump revealed the hidden members of the various teams.

The two missing U6 characters are Namekian and you can see them (and all the other unnamed/unrevealed fighters) here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah it was pretty obvious what with next episode's title. What's the source though? I'm interested on that last part

Reddit has spoilers through ep 105 pulled from japanese tv guide descriptions and promotional stuff.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love basically everything the Androids are doing in the actual tournament so far. 17 not wanting to put up with any bullshit is great. 18 calling him out and then her reaction when he completely bodies Vikal is also great. They're great.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Frieza's face lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

where's the download link?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

You are the worst gimmick I've ever seen.

to be sort of fair I also want to see more Frieza

but that's true of a lot of people in the tournament so :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love how the preview at the end just completely no-sold Goku going God again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think someone asked for one of these a page or two ago

I think solo elims are one point, team ups divide the point equally, and saves are worth half a point, in his scoring.

The portrait numbers are someone's "place" they finished at when they were eliminated. So Krillin finished 65th because there were 64 people left when he was knocked off.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 14, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stallion Cabana posted:

lol 23 Eliminations by Universe 10.

I knew it was skewed by not that skewed.

From a narrative standpoint it sort of makes sense, as they're clearly being targeted by the other universes because "this is Goku's fault."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pik_d posted:

What was this image?

A tattoo that was fortunately saved after the reddit op deleted it because I posted it in a discord channel as well

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fuego Fish posted:

The shading looks a bit weird in the chest area. I thought it was supposed to be a lady Zamasu at first glance.

I'm like 99% sure it is, to be honest

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In Alan_Shore's defense as soon as someone posts a spoiler here you can expect people to just start openly talking about it with no regard within 20-30 posts unless there's another topic of discussion that people are still talking about.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've never understood people's fascination with ssj4, it looks terrible

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CharlestonJew posted:

SS4 ... turns your Kamehameha red, the 2nd coolest energy beam color

A fair point but it's replacing the first coolest color so it still sucks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stairmaster posted:

Whis said back in rof that Goku and Vegeta were strong enough to take on beerus together.

The idea there is that they would have to work together as a team which they're really bad at and generally flat out don't want to do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx14C3NqZc8

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Enourmo posted:

Speaking of that whole fight, wonder if TFS will power though the whole thing to cells defeat in episode 60? With Freeza they cliffhangered right before Goku transformed; they gotta get through Cell vs ssj1 gohan, plus the cell jrs, to reach the equivalent point. Dunno if that's enough to stand on its own for a dbza episode, but otherwise 60 is gonna be long, even by season finale standards.

Episode "30" was three episodes totaling roughly 32 minutes so...yeah they could do it all in episode 60.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not only are we missing a week for one piece but apparently there's no new episode on the tenth (ninth in the US) of September so uh...I don't think the tournament is ending before the special.

Also I hope the special is Trunks/Goten/Marron defending the island.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Justin_Brett posted:

Why would you ever want that.

because I think it will be fun and I'll get the bonus of watching a whole bunch of people be super salty about it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

Bringing up a dub that had no voice direction is definitely a strong argument in your favor

Burkion posted:

That was also a dub before they knew what his character WAS.

All they had was vague plot details and his design.

Did you guys not read the whole post :confused:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

does Daisuke just use the crunchy subs? That's where I watch and they don't bother me at all. Then again I seem to have a very low bar of "acceptable" going by the rest of the thread.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It was obviously happening eventually but I believe the Blue trailer is the first time something exclusively in Super was shown in the game (SSB Kaioken ult). Hopefully this means other stuff from Super is in the game by default and not DLC.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fargin Icehole posted:

If anything, Kale is straight up Gohan, with the power of broly. Only thing holding everything back is her brain telling herself she isn't good enough.

I'm gonna blow your mind

Cabba = Vegeta
Cauli = Goku

wooooaaaahhhhh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SirKibbles posted:

Once or twice to Toppo

I think he also told Goku that he was annoying.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

amigolupus posted:

It's just much worse now because there have been a lot of points where Goku should've been called out on his actions, but doesn't. Like when the U7 crew found out the universes would be erased, they're only mad at Goku for not telling them the truth about what's at stake. There's no mention of him being the cause of it, as if Gohan or Whis forgot to tell the others that one key detail.

Whis is on the "Goku gave the other universes a fighting chance" side. He mentions it at some point in the tournament when Beerus is complaining about u7 getting ganged up on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone asked for this a page or so back I think

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm old enough that I'm still unable to wrap my head around how they manage to make a living, when 90% of their content right now is video game streaming. Is there enough demand that people are donating to see some (admittedly pretty funny at times) guys stream games every day?

Their patreon pays them over 10k a month and they make money from other sources as well. Split that up among their team and add in that I think a chunk of them live together somewhere that housing is cheap already and yeah, they can make a decent living off it. They're not rich or anything but if you don't go out much then you don't need to make a whole lot to be comfortable.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tonight's episode wasn't bad but it was a letdown compared to how good all the episodes have been since the tournament started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida