Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i feel like if you wanna be Hyper Logic Man wrt sexual assault accusations you would still believe whatever, 90-95% of them fairly automatically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I always took it as Jiren thinking the entire thing was bullshit, and was there despite not wanting to be there, and being deliberately boring on purpose as a protest, much like Harrison Ford's Bladerunner voiceover work in the theatrical cut.

It made sense then. It was only once the annoyances actually got under his skin that he started acting genuinely.

i like this but it doesnt completely mesh with the extremely dramatic and entertaining way he ended fights

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

top just didn't do anything with like 90% of the fighters and most of them went out easily to u7. jiren was literally the only source of tension and he actively refused to ring people out multiple times when he easily could have. u7 was in control the whole time and even outnumbed jiren for the entire final fight

jiren was a very stupid and bad villain with 2 really cool and well animated fights. but hey, cool and well animated fights are a big part of why anyone watches dragon ball in the first place so he's not all bad

goku shouldnt have returned in 110. have him vanish, have gohan, piccolo and android 17 step it up, and then he can come back at ep like 130 with UI and save the day or just keep him gone ffs. make it seem like goku and vegeta could trivially crush everyone else, even have them act willing to fuse, and then remove goku and add actual tension

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

those might work, but i feel the part where he gets exploded by his own attack is a pretty good opportunity to remove him too. hell, have the dramatic build up and everything, making it really obvious that hes gonna come back, and then just have gohan go nuts in his place

look all i want is gohan to be as cool as possible is that too much to ask (yes)

Namtab posted:

I genuinely feel at this point TFS is probably burned out. They passed the bit of the show they like and their process adds to burnout because they have a loving writers room that takes a year to produce a script. They overproduce to hell.

it produces obviously better results though. DBZA basically gets consistently better looking, sounding and funnier episode to episode starting at like 14 and ending at 60.3. its hard to even recommend anything before namek to people because its extremely 2009

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Black August posted:

I do like how it serves as a retroactive catalyst for Goku’s ascension. Without Cell, they never would have achieved SSj2, much less 3 or surviving Majin Buu. Every insane challenge has been its own meta zenkai, kicking Goku, Vegeta, and then everyone else up a few more tiers. Bulma’s work and Trunks’ decisions led to an improbable timeline where Goku achieves divinity, whereas the ‘true’ timeline was another dead earth and a single Super Saiyan to be the last legend of an extinct kind.

i dunno, future trunks survived dabura with only shin as backup. i feel like if vegeta didn’t kill everyone before buu showed up they would have just crashed babidis spaceship as a team and killed him without ever seeing buu. which in turn means nobody to defeat basil and the universe is erased

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I figured Kid Buu was weaker but it didn't really matter much since it was only a matter of degrees and he's actually able to concentrate enough to kill everything in sight.

I felt like a lot of the best parts of Super were when people besides the main cast had their character moments and own arcs. Maybe just because of the variety, but still.

the best stuff in super was whenever future trunks was on the screen and the worst was whenever goku was on the screen

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

man that just wasnt funny. what a shame

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Kurui Reiten posted:

I feel the need to correct you on this: The gimmick's primary demographic is GOHAN, and the series makes no secret of the fact everyone else thinks he looks ridiculous.

gohan is just a goober though, i really like how when top's doing his Fists of Justice routine in the expo, everyone's rolling their eyes and gohans super pumped up about how cool it is

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Okay, the Great Saiyaman is great, but I still stand by the notion that Toriyama (and Toei for that matter) not knowing what to do with Gohan has really dragged down his potential.

i dunno, gohan was fine up until the end of the buu saga and then he stopped writing gohan that way. its not like tried to make gohan interesting and failed, he just stopped altogether

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i played kakarot m/kb and other than having to change a couple settings that didnt save, it was completely fine. they even included a setting to change the key prompts in tutorials and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Burkion posted:

I do wonder if Hit, going all out, could have killed Jiren in a 'real' fight before Jiren knew what his deal was

since his plan was just to go until time runs out, wouldnt killing jiren be easier and have (nearly) the exact same result? 1:1 regardless