Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My brother's wedding reception menu is going to be 100% vegan. Also there will be no alcohol. It is like he is actively trying to have the worst possible wedding.

he probably doesn't want you to come and is hoping you'll be a whiny bitchbaby about the reception and excuse yourself instead of him asking you to not come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.

Bad Titty Puker posted:

your nostrils are oppressing the animals of the world
edit: do fish have nostrils

Moray eels have Shrek ears for nostrils. Scent is their strongest smell that they use frequently.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think they do that sometimes. I saw a website selling animal dildoes that were tested on humans. :eng101:

wait like dildos for animals?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

EorayMel posted:

Moray eels have Shrek ears for nostrils. Scent is their strongest smell that they use frequently.

I'd eat one of those

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Streak posted:

he probably doesn't want you to come and is hoping you'll be a whiny bitchbaby about the reception and excuse yourself instead of him asking you to not come

Do you live in a box, eat cardboard, and drink water? Part of living life is y'know living

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
My vegan roommate started crying last night because she was watching a documentary about urban pest foxes and one of the foxes died. Also she thinks that shellfish are sentient and that babies born without brainstems possess intelligence because "scientists don't know".

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

BluesShaman posted:

*faaaaaart*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJdzsjoYLs

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

My vegan roommate started crying last night because she was watching a documentary about urban pest foxes and one of the foxes died. Also she thinks that shellfish are sentient and that babies born without brainstems possess intelligence because "scientists don't know".

I've been vegan ever since my sweet 16 and I know what it's like to be overly emotional about it because you love cute animals, but when we are out for the night and she tries to filter out any guy who looks like he eats meat I'm like "girl..."

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Anyway I'm a vegan girl who competes in Crossfit, AMA

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Anyway I'm a vegan girl who competes in Crossfit, AMA

Do u vape?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Have Blue posted:

Do u vape?

It's bad for your lungs and makes your house smell weird, but in a different way than smoking ciggies

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
If anyone is actually interested in exploring dietary habits and traditions in a less divisive way, Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals is a decent, easy read. It definitely condemns most factory farming practices, but provides good reasons and examples why, and manages more or less to stay objective when it comes to normal eating habits and culture.

Not that it matters, but I still eat meat after having read it, but I try to stay more conscious of what Im eating and where it came from/how it was produced. Being and informed consumer takes slightly extra effort, but encourages generally healthier choices.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Is there a way to trick vegans into cooking for me by promising to be vegan?

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Also are there fat vegans like there are fat vegetarians?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Topographic Nap posted:

Also are there fat vegans like there are fat vegetarians?

Potato chips and french fries are vegan.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

nickhimself posted:

Sure, in theory a label in this context would literally identify a person's diet. However they have morphed into (sometimes fanatical) ideologies. Identifying as a vegan helps you criticize people who are not like you. Same goes for those who only want to denigrate those who choose to follow that diet.

Also, someone can love animals while also eating them. I'm completely against the mistreatment of animals merely for human consumption, but I'm sure as poo poo not going to stop eating them. There is a human way to go about raising them for food that doesn't involve CAFO's and reprehensible slaughter technique.

lol ya responsibly killing things you pretend to love even though you don't have to, that makes sense :bravo:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I've seen all that vegan stuff saying its hypocritical to say you "love animals" but also eat some animals, but I don't think that's quite true. No one loves every item in such a broad category, that's like calling someone out for saying they love pizza but wont eat Hawaiian. Or they love horror movies but hate zombie films. Also, insects/spiders are animals and lots of vegans hate and squish them so uh.

Anyway, along those lines, a lot of the time invasive animals are causing horrible damage to the environment resulting in endangerment or extinction of native species/destruction of native habitats. Most people who are into environmental science realize the best way to deal with that is killing the invasive animals. Can you be vegan while also protecting the environment through extermination of invasives, or do you have to make a choice between being vegan and letting tons of native species suffer, or being eco friendly and murdering invasive ones?

I think of this because my major is in environmental science and minor is art, and I met a lot of vegans in the art dept and only a couple in envs, and none of them stayed vegan all the way through.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
you ever eat a salad as a meal and people around you are all like "wait you're a vegetarian now??? since when!? don't tell me you're going vegan on us!"

like calm the gently caress down, you see me eating a single meal without meat in it and you assume i've completely changed all my eating habits :lol: meat eaters are such whiny babies

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Streak posted:

you ever eat a salad as a meal and people around you are all like "wait you're a vegetarian now??? since when!? don't tell me you're going vegan on us!"

like calm the gently caress down, you see me eating a single meal without meat in it and you assume i've completely changed all my eating habits :lol: meat eaters are such whiny babies

It's fun having people at work critique my dietery habits constantly because I dont shove poo poo into my gullet all day every day

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

baw posted:

lol ya responsibly killing things you pretend to love even though you don't have to, that makes sense :bravo:

i love dogs because they're cute and i like having them around, whereas i dont give a flying gently caress about a pig or a cow or a chicken because they hold no value to anyone beyond being food. i hope this enlightens you

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

your friend a dog posted:

i love dogs because they're cute and i like having them around, whereas i dont give a flying gently caress about a pig or a cow or a chicken because they hold no value to anyone beyond being food. i hope this enlightens you

i like chickens tho they're pretty cool

dogs actually suck when you think about it

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Streak posted:

chickens are dumb as hell rapists so im not surprised they're your spirit animal

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

chickens are dumb as hell rapists so im not surprised they're your spirit animal

you think your dog wouldnt rape you if he saw even a moment of weakness?? you fool. you bitchass idiot.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Streak posted:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

that dog dindu nuffin

baw
Nov 5, 2008

right that means you don't pretend to love animals which means anything said about people who pretend love animals doesn't apply to you

baw fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 24, 2017

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Sensual Simian posted:

If anyone is actually interested in exploring dietary habits and traditions in a less divisive way, Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals is a decent, easy read. It definitely condemns most factory farming practices, but provides good reasons and examples why, and manages more or less to stay objective when it comes to normal eating habits and culture.

Not that it matters, but I still eat meat after having read it, but I try to stay more conscious of what Im eating and where it came from/how it was produced. Being and informed consumer takes slightly extra effort, but encourages generally healthier choices.

that book started me on the path to vegetarianism. i still eat eggs sometimes from my wife's grandmothers' chickens tho. ethical consumption of stuff that animals poop out/secrete is possible but tough

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Streak posted:

If he doesn't want people to come he shouldn't be borrowing over 40,000 dollars from family to fund their "perfect wedding". Everyone I've talked to aside from the two of them has complained about the reception and said they are going to eat real food before it, it's not just me.

Anyway there's no conflict imho in loving animals and also eating them, as long as they are humanely raised and slaughtered. Many companies obviously don't do this and that's bad, but they are never going to go away. People talk about wanting ethically raised meat but the majority of them aren't willing to pay the price it would cost. Until people can find a way to make it more profitable to do things ethically, no amount of protesting or preaching is going to change anything.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

If he doesn't want people to come he shouldn't be borrowing over 40,000 dollars from family to fund their "perfect wedding". Everyone I've talked to aside from the two of them has complained about the reception and said they are going to eat real food before it, it's not just me.

oh, well... :lol: then i guess

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"vegans aren't preachy, goddamn meat eaters are such pathetic babies," they posted without a hint of self awareness.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If we don't eat the animals, then who will?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

baw posted:

that book started me on the path to vegetarianism. i still eat eggs sometimes from my wife's grandmothers' chickens tho. ethical consumption of stuff that animals poop out/secrete is possible but tough

My neighbor just moved back into their home from the few years they spent in Germany and they're gonna start keeping chickens which is pretty cool cause I'm gonna get some fresh rear end eggs.

A friend who visited them over there says he found out they're into weird sex stuff tho and took a pic of his butt while he was bending over tho so I'm gonna watch my back.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

bag em and tag em posted:

"vegans aren't preachy, goddamn meat eaters are such pathetic babies," they posted without a hint of self awareness.

im not a vegan, not all vegans are preachy, and honestly if anyone should be preachy it WOULD be them. meat eaters are generally overprotective and purposefully ignorant of the damage their diet is doing to the planet, hth

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

poverty goat posted:

If we all stopped eating meat and released all the cows and chickens and pigs into the wild it'd be about 2 hours before we'd have to start culling all of them as nuisance animals

Better just to eat them

Also, factory meat farms are more humane than nature, no matter what. Wild animals don't die of old age, they die of disease, exposure, or starvation if they aren't eaten alive, and every day until then is a struggle to get enough nutrition for themselves and their parasites withing perishing in a horrible manner. Living in a cage, fed every day, medicated and vaccinated, leading up to a quick death is a mercy that tbh we should see about extending to the entire animal kingdom imo

factory farm conditions are hellish. Living in complete misery is worse than not living.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

poverty goat posted:

If we all stopped eating meat and released all the cows and chickens and pigs into the wild it'd be about 2 hours before we'd have to start culling all of them as nuisance animals

Better just to eat them

Also, factory meat farms are more humane than nature, no matter what. Wild animals don't die of old age, they die of disease, exposure, or starvation if they aren't eaten alive, and every day until then is a struggle to get enough nutrition for themselves and their parasites withing perishing in a horrible manner. Living in a cage, fed every day, medicated and vaccinated, leading up to a quick death is a mercy that tbh we should see about extending to the entire animal kingdom imo

source your quotes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Anyway there's no conflict imho in loving animals and also eating them, as long as they are humanely raised and slaughtered. Many companies obviously don't do this and that's bad, but they are never going to go away. People talk about wanting ethically raised meat but the majority of them aren't willing to pay the price it would cost. Until people can find a way to make it more profitable to do things ethically, no amount of protesting or preaching is going to change anything.

its their reception and they have every right to not serve meat if they find it wrong. maybe all their close friends and family who they deeply love and cared to invite to their wedding could show a little respect and go without eating meat for one meal in a day without complaining about it

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
the vegan food i can get behind and would enjoy laughing at the whiny meateaters unable to go a single meal without a dead animal in it

but no alcohol? what kind of inhuman monster...

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

trying to jack off posted:

its their reception and they have every right to not serve meat if they find it wrong. maybe all their close friends and family who they deeply love and cared to invite to their wedding could show a little respect and go without eating meat for one meal in a day without complaining about it

You say this, but could you imagine if someone had an all-meat/non-vegan menu and invited a vegan?

Also it's less about not eating meat and more about having to choke down the meat "substitutes" that fail both as what they are trying to be and as a pleasant to eat vegetable-based dish.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

Or they'll just eat what they want and get drunk before/after and commiserate quietly with one another to avoid the people getting married getting mad. Like most normal people will do.

E: if I were going to that wedding I'd show up with a full stomach and a pair of hip flasks. I wouldn't bitch at them for it though.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
:qq: chick peas

• Locked thread