Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Well, it's time for a Vault bad plan. I'm heading east! Is this a time for "gently caress This poo poo"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Well, it's time for a Vault bad plan. I'm heading east! Is this a time for "gently caress This poo poo"?

might be a good use of it, yes

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

EDIT: Misread.

Red's fully aware now right?

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 15, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

she's back, but just barely (timewise), and you have no real idea how she's doing

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gotcha. Was thinking of enacting a titanicly bad plan.

E.g. grabbing Amanlu, leaving Red a note, and bouncing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yeah that's not going to work

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Gotcha. Was thinking of enacting a titanicly bad plan.

E.g. grabbing Amanlu, leaving Red a note, and bouncing.

I see how it is.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gotta stay on brand with terrible ideas.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Vault is the worst. How much damage would it be if I just sucked it up and tried to go aggro back?

I'm not quite sure of the moves involved but the new terrible plan involves a grenade.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the knife is 2-harm

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sorry for delay, trying to figure out which way Vault would jump here.

My initial thought was to suck it up since i have 2-armor and escalate a threat back, but I'm not certain that'd be her choice.

Plus it's PC-on-PC, and while AW is built for that, I kind of wanted to open a convo before I push it that line.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you can tell her what she wants to hear or back off, I guess? we're explicitly past the point of easy conversation. I suppose you could read "barricade yourself securely in" as "doubling down" if you want.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Should I roll Read a Person?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if you feel there's some reason she wouldn't be level with you / you are willing to deal with the consequences of a bad roll, sure. otherwise this conversation doesn't seem like it calls for it, really

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

It's pretty much a straight hat-in-hand request, so I'll not roll.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vulpes Vulpes, are you still around?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

I am, sorry. Posted.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
So if the medical jargoning gets to be too much, please let me know.

Also, The Mayor is free to chat with See during this Mister Bates. She can multitask fairly well and it looks like Vault isn't in mortal peril.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Vault is the kind of person who uses one word where two would do.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quiggy, having looked over the situation and battle moves in a little more depth, it looks like you're going to want to look more at the Bait a Trap move; you're going to need to be the bait directly or otherwise put yourself in danger to lure Magpie where you want her. I think that makes more sense than Hunt Prey, at the moment.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain Foo posted:

quiggy, having looked over the situation and battle moves in a little more depth, it looks like you're going to want to look more at the Bait a Trap move; you're going to need to be the bait directly or otherwise put yourself in danger to lure Magpie where you want her. I think that makes more sense than Hunt Prey, at the moment.

Sounds fair. Lemme figure out how I wanna play this out :)

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Hi everybody, sorry I kind of vanished there, it's the first week of class and I also started a new job so I haven't had much free time for much of anything. I'm still around and I'll be back to posting after work tomorrow.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alright pair of questions about how to resolve this situation mechanically:

1) Can I roll Visions of Death before attacking Maggie? I want her dead if at all possible.

2) Regardless of (1), should I be rolling Go Aggro or Single Combat for this? My gut says Single Combat, but since I have Ice Cold I get a significant advantage to using Go Aggro instead (and could probably justify the "what I want them to do" as "loving die")

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

You've got two options here; you can start a general fuckin' mess with Seize by Force, and if you choose this option, you can also roll Visions of Death. You could also roll Single Combat, which will prevent Magpie's gang from getting (too) involved , but remember that either way you're still on the hook for potentially taking +1 harm from the trap. If you engage in Single Combat, you won't be fighting a small gang, on the other hand.

If you want to try to cut and run, you can try to Act Under Fire. I'd say that no matter what you choose, Going Aggro is off the table. That narrative space was taken up by setting the trap and poo poo-talking Magpie.

e - Maggie's gun is 2-harm, she's got various stuff on that amounts to 1-armor

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain Foo posted:

You've got two options here; you can start a general fuckin' mess with Seize by Force, and if you choose this option, you can also roll Visions of Death. You could also roll Single Combat, which will prevent Magpie's gang from getting (too) involved , but remember that either way you're still on the hook for potentially taking +1 harm from the trap. If you engage in Single Combat, you won't be fighting a small gang, on the other hand.

If you want to try to cut and run, you can try to Act Under Fire. I'd say that no matter what you choose, Going Aggro is off the table. That narrative space was taken up by setting the trap and poo poo-talking Magpie.

e - Maggie's gun is 2-harm, she's got various stuff on that amounts to 1-armor

Sounds good. I'll take some time to think about it before posting.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Well SeaDee See's time as an Angel is certainly not going to be *boring*

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

You're welcome.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Now we just need to get Magnificent Max roughed up and I'll have the complete set.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Just gonna have to kill everyone I guess.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quiggy, mark another harm; by SBFing you engaged the local gang members, too

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain Foo posted:

quiggy, mark another harm; by SBFing you engaged the local gang members, too

:negative:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

How long should Vault be down for?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Comrade Gorbash posted:

How long should Vault be down for?

Well for the surgery, See wouldn't put you too far under so Vault should be awake at any moment (See was probably closing Vault up in my post). For the healing from 6:00, it will be a week and you can be conscious (but in pain) if you want

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

PoultryGeist posted:

Well for the surgery, See wouldn't put you too far under so Vault should be awake at any moment (See was probably closing Vault up in my post). For the healing from 6:00, it will be a week and you can be conscious (but in pain) if you want
Figure I'm gonna have to be up and moving for that part.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Figure I'm gonna have to be up and moving for that part.

See is willing to let you heal up before getting you to do her legwork, but if you dont want to risk being unconscious she'll understand

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Also consider that depending on how Max wants to take his interactions, we may be close to a session end, and you could easily take a week's downtime...

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

That reminds me, I want to take the Prepared For the Inevitable advance; would it be reasonable to do that if I can talk See into setting me up with some supplies while I hunt for stuff for her?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sounds good on my end

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Would Vault getting stock for the move decrease See's? If that's the case I'm still ok with it but See would need additional payment. (Most likely a future favor/promise to come to her defense)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that's not really supported by the game mechanics directly; taking the advance gives you the kit. On the other hand every kit needs a supplier once the starting supply is used soooooooo

• Locked thread