Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

Let's play this session with four. If there's anyone still following this OOC thread that originally applied, let me know if you're still interested and maybe I'll get you slotted in for session 3!

can someone who may or may not have been banned during the original recruitment phase maybe slide in on this :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zombie, the Waterbearer

When I found the Cistern, it was filled with the dead. Not the water tanks, of course. That poo poo's clean. The hallways, the rooms with all the pipes and valves and monitors, just stacked with bodies. Dunno what happened. Don't really care. Just meant the building was mine. Spent days pulling em all out, wiping down the blood. Y'know, making things presentable. The pumps took a bit of clanging to get back in working order, Dragonfly helped a ton with that.

That was, what, like a year ago? 5 years? I can't remember. Doesn't matter. Things have uh, grown a bit. But it's fine. As long as nobody bothers me.

What keeps you up at night?
The dripping faucets. Hah, nah. Tons of poo poo. The idea that the pipes could just burst or the tanks could empty or the rain stops and all the goodwill and community just explodes into a big ball of violence, and the Cistern goes right back to the state I found it in. I don't really worry about my life, I'm just a caretaker. If I leave the Cistern in good shape, someone else will just come along and pick up where I left off. But if something happens to the Cistern on my watch, I may as well be responsible for leveling the whole City.

What part of the city do you call home, if you've got one?
The Cistern. On the fringes, where the City starts to become something else. Something alien. It's become a refuge for those spurned by the Market to hock their wares, people not pretty enough for the Plush Room, anyone with enough sense in their skulls to keep some civility around other people. I thought it was far from the hustle, turns out the hustle comes and finds you.

quote:

Playbook: The Waterbearer
Name: Zombie
Look: Woman, scrounge wear, placid face, watchful eyes, wiry body

Stats: Cool+2 Hard-1 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird=0

Gear: 4-barter
Sig-Sauer P226 9mm (2-harm close loud)
Some ratty old fatigues from a half-collapsed Army-Navy Surplus and a t-shirt that used to be Mom's

Source: You have a source of abundant pure water. Choose the water’s special quality: A prosperous marketplace, largely self-governing, has grown up around it.

Choose 3-5 features of the source’s atmosphere, surroundings, and culture:
pipes & plumbing
catch-tarps & plastic jugs
giant & invulnerable storage tanks
a complex & hi-tech filtration system
leisure

Many people have come to the source over time, and some of them have become your chosen friends. Detail 3 of them with a name and a role. They give you insight.
Dragonfly, my patchworker
Agave, my brewmaster
Big Needles, my strong-arm

The source has laws that all must obey. You didn’t create these laws, but it’s your responsibility to enforce them. Choose 3–5 laws and the penalties for breaking them.
Law: Leave your grudges outside. Penalty: Imprisonment
Law: Keep your agreements. Penalty: Restitution
Law: Do no violence and no intentional harm. Penalty: Imprisonment

Moves

Lawbringer: when someone breaks your law, roll+cool. On a 10+, choose:
• You let them off with a warning, reduced penalty, or reprieve.
• You make an exception for them and they have no blame.
• They must face the full penalty.
On a 7-9, they must face the full penalty. On a miss, or if you are unable to enact judgment for any reason, responsibility falls to you, and you must face the penalty yourself.

All are welcome: when you personally welcome newcomers in, roll+sharp. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 2. On a miss, ask 1 anyway:
• Are they hiding any weapons?
• Are they hiding any valuables?
• Are they hiding a disease?
• Are they hiding my enemies among them?
• Are they keeping any malicious secrets?

Peacemaker: when you call for two rivals or enemies to come to you and meet, to settle things between them, roll+cool. On a hit, they must both come, at the time you specify. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7–9, choose 1:
• They must come alone.
• They must come unarmed.
• They must bring gifts, peace offerings, prisoners to exchange, or tokens of good will.
On a miss, they can make demands of you, and come only if you accede.

Special: When you and another character have sex, ask them to do something for you. Whether they agree or refuse in the moment, if they go on to do it, mark experience.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 22, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

having Deep Thoughts about changing my application to a Driver

• Locked thread