Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

It's not really one city any more. There are dozens of holdings, from Junktown to the Crater Monastery. Any man with ambition can make his own little nation of rundown streets and ramshackle buildings. I carved mine out of a wasteland they called the "South Side" before the fall. I believe in Order and in my part of the City we have it. Anyone who disagrees finds themselves branded - quite literally - and thrown out to the wolves beyond my gates.

Inside the Kriegsgrad, there is only one law: mine.

There is only one punishment: exile.

What keeps you up at night?

It does not escape my notice that I am exactly one throat-slash away from being deposed. I sleep under the guard of men whom I trust completely - and behind a well-locked door.

pre:
Name: Corin
Look: Man with a strong face, cool eyes, and a wiry body in luxe clothes.

Cool +1
Hard +2
Hot +1
Sharp +1
Weird -2

Leadership
when you have to order your gang to advance, regroup, hold position,
hold discipline, or put their drat backs into it, roll+hard. On a hit, they do it. On a 10+,
they snap to; take +1 forward. On a miss, they do it, but you’ll hear about it later.

Wealth
If your hold is secure and your rule unchallenged, at the beginning of the
session, roll+hard. On a 10+, you have surplus at hand and available for the needs of
the session. On a 7–9, you have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, or if your hold
is compromised or your rule contested, your hold is in want. e precise values of your
surplus and want depend on your holding, as follows.

Holding
*your population is large, 200-300 souls. Surplus: +1barter, want: +disease.
*your compound is mostly tents, lean-tos and wooden walls. Your gang gets no armor bonus when fighting to defend it.
- for gigs, a mix of hunting, crude farming, and scavenging (surplus: 1-barter, want: hungry).
*for gigs, add a bustling, widely-known market commons. Surplus: +1barter, want: +strangers.
- a gang of about 40 violent bastards (2-harm gang medium 1-armor).
*your gang is well-disciplined. Drop unruly.
*your armory is sophisticated and extensive. Your gang gets +1harm.
*your garage is for poo poo. It has only 4 vehicles, and only 2 of them are suitable for battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Captain Foo posted:

Corin: who do you know for a fact rightly doesn't fear you, and do they live within Kriegsgrad, or without?

Every day brings a new threat and I toss them into one of two buckets: sane and insane. The sane ones know that loving with Kriegsgrad means loving with everyone whose food and water passes through my market.

There's this crazy fucker, calls himself "The Prophet" or something ridiculous like that. Speaks every day on the sins of man, the error of our ways, some days he calls me out by name, poo poo like "trading one form of brutality for another." He seems to think that if we're all just loving nice to one another the world will be a paradise instead of the hellhole we currently live in.

I say, if they want to see what the world does to nice people, they're welcome to explore the rest of the City.

• Locked thread