Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So pop music sensation and award-winning actress Mariah Carey's been acting kind of odd lately, pretty much ever since she hired new manager Stella Bulochnikov, a self-described "Russian dictator" and former aspiring stand-up comedienne with no experience managing musical acts after being introduced through Rush Hour director Brett Ratner (first warning sign), and whose managing acumen and ability to work well with others drove everyone else in Mariah Carey's team to quit, with one saying ominously:

quote:

“Stella is the furthest thing from a manager. She’s a TV producer. She’s practically moved in with Mariah and now she has so much stuff on her that she can get her to do anything. She’s pulling the strings, and Mariah does whatever she says,” said a source.

Since then, Mariah Carey suddenly started acting less like a showbiz veteran with hundreds of millions in the bank and more like a desperate act taking any and all gigs in dire need of cash. I looked up in the tabloids (who never lie) to provide a sample:

- A tv show originally meant to be a "we took a camera backstage on tour" type of deal was changed to be trashier reality-TV fodder with more notably much more screen time for Ms. Bulochnikov.

- Usually touring only sporadically, has suddenly been performing 24/7, splitting time between an on-going Vegas gig, a European tour, and opening for Lionel Richie's US tour for some reason.

- Signed on to do ABC's New Year's Eve show at the last minute and stood around onstage when her earpiece stopped working, not even bothering to lipsynch properly

- Took a cameo role in a Will Ferrell movie but showed up hours late and didn't want to do anything she was scripted to do (her part was eventually cut)

- Became engaged to ogre-like, possibly corrupt former (?) Scientologist James Packer, whose positive qualities include being worth $3 billion and

- Anyways the relationship didn't last, and Mariah Carey allegedly wanted a settlement even though they weren't even married

- Started boning one of her backup dancers the way a bored housewife who married a Shrek lookalike for money regularly gets the mailman's package delivered to her, if you know what I'm sayin'

- At one point her credit cards reportedly were being declined

- Lately onstage has been performing as if she generally hates her job and just needs to get paid

- Made an appearance on the Jamie Foxx game show "Beat Shazam" in which she doesn't really do anything

- Has let herself go but not bothered to get new performance clothes even though she's way too fat for them apparently because she just doesn't give a poo poo anymore

So I must conclude that manager Stella is indeed extracting loads of hush money and face-time from Ms. Carey in a bid to start a Kim Kardashian-like "career" of sorts.

Or maybe Mariah Carey is just a spoiled and crazy bitch, but I think it's WAY more fun to imagine what kind of salacious secrets she would think are more embarrassing than going out in public making a wreck out of her reputation and career so I'm sticking with that.

----------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Updates for those just tuning in!
Long story short, it's all but confirmed that Ms. Carey was/is indeed being blackmailed by her manager (and possibly Russia!).

lizardman posted:

- Mariah Carey finally fired her evil Russian manager

- Virtually overnight she went from looking like a desperate wreck who hates her life to the fulfilled and competent superstar we all know and love

- She also dropped like 20 pounds in a week; this is a good or bad thing depending on who you ask

- Immediately after the firing, a series of suspiciously-timed weird news stories concerning Ms. Carey were leaked to the press, seemingly warning shots from the ex manager that she could still unleash The Big One that she used to blackmail her over.

- So far we still don't know what MC is so desperate to hide from the public; but this Satanic sex cult story might suggest the level of ridiculousness this poo poo might be

- Also an overzealous and defensive Eminem fan amusingly derailed the thread for a few pages (you might say he was... a Stan?)

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Mimi is fighting back with a new memoir which also details her struggles with bipolar disorder (no way!).

http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/mariah-carey-is-writing-a-memoir.html

i like that posted:

What did your girl tell u

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/04/16/mariah-carey-sued-former-manager-stella/

That bipolar cover was a preemptive strike knowing that evil witch Stella's smear campaign would soon hit

lizardman posted:

Holy poo poo, do I even dare dream?

From December:

https://theblast.com/stella-bulochnikov-felix-sater-russia-donald-trump-russiagate/ (<-- There's video)

Is it possible? Could our humble thread that was started mostly to LOL at Mariah Carey's messed up life actually be connected to international government intrigue and espionage?

lizardman fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

What about AMP Traction, does that play a part in this

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why should i care

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Very Very In Depth Mariah Carey Documenter

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
as if i wouldnt already know about the latest mariah carey news

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
why can't it be both?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Girl you're out your alcoholic mind

Check your wine cellar, look at the amounts of all the wine

Like I loving sit around and think about you all the time

dk2m
May 6, 2009
it's gonna turn out that there's a russian handling Richard Lowtax Kyanka any day now

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
she got hooked on smack

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dk2m posted:

it's gonna turn out that there's a russian handling Richard Lowtax Kyanka any day now

richard blyatka

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dk2m posted:

Nah I hear the Chinese got him first

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

suck my balls

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

present them

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

More like tuna fishnets

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Ha!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lizardman posted:

Or maybe Mariah Carey is just a spoiled and crazy bitch

Sherlock Holmes couldn't crack this one

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Got dang, she got big.

I never liked Mariah, physically or talent-wise, but GOT DANG did she get big!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

Got dang, she got big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQLsb7Zm_MI

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Got dang, she got big.

she got that juicy booty now

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robo Reagan posted:

present them

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Aww yeah baby, that's what I like.

Imagine being a Mariah Carey impersonator and thinking "what the gently caress" as she slowly circles the drain, Fat Elvis style.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
would

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Zahgaegun posted:

Imagine being a Mariah Carey impersonator and thinking "what the gently caress" as she slowly circles the drain, Fat Elvis style.

:saddowns:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Zahgaegun posted:

dear god

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
To be fair, she'd look perfectly presentable if she just wore some clothes that fit her rather than plowing ahead and just stuffing herself into the same outfits she wore when she was in better shape (also I think she's arching her back in that shot but you can't see cause of the hair), but she's obviously got her mind focused on paying her shady Russian manager to keep her mouth shut.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Fake news! That shady Russian manager just wanted to talk to Mariah about orphans. Lamestream media making a big deal out of nothing. SAD!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It doesn't sound loke Mariah is being blackmailed, just heavily mismanaged.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

lizardman posted:

To be fair, she'd look perfectly presentable if she just wore some clothes that fit her rather than plowing ahead and just stuffing herself into the same outfits she wore when she was in better shape (also I think she's arching her back in that shot but you can't see cause of the hair), but she's obviously got her mind focused on paying her shady Russian manager to keep her mouth shut.

She looks good and you sound kind of gay here

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh no someone gained weight reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Buccaneer posted:

She looks good and you sound kind of gay here
Toot toot set sail for dick Island because I agree with every word.

Mariah who Carey?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i guess pick hasnt committed suicide yet

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

oh no someone gained weight reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Clam down jeez. :backtowork:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Maybe she'll answer my letters now

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Suck my balls Pick

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I bet drew Carey is totally gonna dump her now. :smug:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I'd take her in a celebrity death pool

COMRADES