Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
The plane is going down. You never trusted the little single engine puddle jumper, but this was the only flight you could find. You paid the pilot a great deal of money, the old man looked like he needed the cash. There was a ferry but that would have taken over a week to get you where you needed to go. It was supposed to be a quick hop across the sprawling wilderness to the other side and civilization. Three hours for what would have taken months on foot. The marvels of modern technology. The music from your phone drowns out most of the noise of the engine save the deep vibrations. Trees fly past as the miles of wilderness pass, small streams and ponds flash here and there as the sun hangs overhead. The seat is fairly comfortable and you drift into a half-sleep thinking back to what brought you on this mid-day flight.

1. How did I get here?
A. I'm a civil engineer. They are surveying a site for a new small-scale hydroelectric dam. I've spent a little time in the wilderness so I know my way around a wrench and a weir.
B. I'm an ex-con. I had a rough life and did what needed to be done. It wasn't going to be my first time in prison, but this time I got some warning. Shouldn't be able to catch me up north. Just gotta keep moving.
C. I'm a mine worker. They opened up a new cut and found paydirt. I was lucky enough to have been in the business a long time and got called up to lead this dig. Twenty-five years has it's advantages.
D. I'm a university student. The locals up north spotted a rare species of whale off the coast. This is the chance of a lifetime and gold for my thesis. Just a few more hours.
E. I'm a soldier. I've been away from home for so long. I've seen the world. I don't want to see anymore. I'm going home for a while, where it's quiet.
F. <write in>

The past is past. No-one knows what lies ahead. Well, you have a pretty good idea for the immediate future holds. The low engine drone cuts to an ugly screeching. The pilot in the seat next to you is cursing. Toggles are flipped, rudder pulled hard and the radio button is slammed. "We lost electrical we nee...." is all there is time to hear before the propeller shudders and the engine bursts into flames. Something explodes and you have barely a moment to react before the airplane pitches down and to the left. The force of gravity and the spin presses you up against the wall. You're coming in too fast to see the landscape spiral by and what you do see is acrid smoke billowing everywhere.

There is a horrible noise and the world goes black for a moment. You're hanging upside down, judging by the way your headphones have turned your phone into a makeshift pendulum. It feels hot. Something deep in your brain screams fire. Consciousness floods in and pain retreats to the edges of your vision. Smell tells you that fuel is leaking, something throbs in your leg but that can wait. The pilot...is a mess. You vomit from a mixture of too many factors. You scramble for your seat belt and drop onto the ground. The flames start to lick into the cabin, but a kick to the side window brings a wash of fresh air, giving you a moment to breathe, along with the fire. You grab your case from the seat behind you. The fires grow hotter and something smells wrong but your eyes spot a case broken open and the plastic bags covered in jet fuel. You have a moment and swipe one of the packs with your free hand before making your escape.

2.What pack do you grab?

A. The Pack labeled SIGNALING and LIGHT
B. The Pack labeled FIRE and HEAT
C. The Pack labeled SHELTER and PERSONAL PROTECTION
D. The Pack labeled WATER and FOOD
E. The Pack labeled MISCELLANEOUS / TOOLS
F. The Pack labeled DAY TRIP PACK

You flee the burning aircraft, adrenaline making the distance fly. There is a loud bang as something catches and the fuel touches off. Heat sears your back and you are thrown into the dirt. You crawl, dragging your possessions along with you under the shade of a large tree. The grass feels cool and you let yourself slip into darkness. You aren't dead and nothing feels too badly injured but just before you sleep you think about your situation. You've crashed in the wilderness. There is nothing around for miles. No one knows you are out here. Your life is in your own hands now. You are...

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DF, Tad Westbrook, of the New York Westbrooks, thinks things like survival supplies and common sense are the sort of thing the working class concern themselves with. I hope my sweater didn't get torn. *Places it over shoulders and ties it across the breastbone.*

I am excited for this, a new Arkanomen game! :dance:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
AC, Renchanda Weir, Civil Engineer.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

EC Siemowit Fasczewski. Polish immigrant, eternal Corporal and butt of many jokes about being 'Lord of the Stick Carriers". Possessor of PTSD from when a bear chased us up a tree that one time Sergeant ASSFACE(real name redacted from memory) ordered us to gather firewood during our tour of Bosnia.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Hexenritter posted:

DF, Tad Westbrook, of the New York Westbrooks, thinks things like survival supplies and common sense are the sort of thing the working class concern themselves with. I hope my sweater didn't get torn. *Places it over shoulders and ties it across the breastbone.*

Seconding this

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I'm gonna be shooting for an update in the PM. So far it looks like we're running with squishy student and the protection pack. The pack is going to be your bonus starter gear. All have useful gear, but there is little overlap.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

BF

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
AC. We know a bit about water, and we've already got plenty of fire nearby (thanks, burning wreck!), but shelter is super important in the woods.

e: Also, when you're on a desert island with a pile of food and a pile of guns, take the guns. Because then you take the food too. (Right, Loel?)

mepstein73 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 21, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
F. Tony Stuck, A wealthy American business magnate, playboy, and ingenious scientist. Build his own exoskeleton.

I was on a trip to make trillion dollars business deal with the Saudi, but the pilot is so dumb that he managed to break down your high tech zero jet and now you are in a forest of somewhere.

E. Luckily, you brought your patented invention : A Multitool that Adopt and Surpasses Swiss Army Knife, aka MASSAK.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Nyaa posted:

F. Tony Stuck, A wealthy American business magnate, playboy, and ingenious scientist. Build his own exoskeleton.

I was on a trip to make trillion dollars business deal with the Saudi, but the pilot is so dumb that he managed to break down your high tech zero jet and now you are in a forest of somewhere.

E. Luckily, you brought your patented invention : A Multitool that Adopt and Surpasses Swiss Army Knife, aka MASSAK.

You can have that in your carry-on luggage, but theres no write in for the bonus gear.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Voting BD

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hexenritter posted:

Thirded.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
You slip in the dark. Memories of the past filter in....

Your cell phone is ringing. It's Tommy. You met at the bi-weekly yacht club social night a few months prior and bonded over a love of finance, principles of embezzlement, relative value of your fathers and cocaine. The Westbrook name carries a certain weight and Tommy Crestland carried slightly less. Not enough to make your interaction something scandalous but Tommy knew his betters and your friendship blossomed. Parties and girls and hungover meetings at your fathers business flashed by until a few days ago. Tommy tells you about a certain town way to the northwest. There's a retreat run by the locals. They have good poo poo, LSD, DMT, Peyote, new research chemicals and things you've never heard of. Billed as a "spiritual retreat" but really its just camping for the ultra-wealthy that have a chemical fascination. You couldn't wait, so you do what you always did and solved your problems with money.

Hence the plane.

Hence the crash.

You awaken sometime later as the sun is dipping low. Maybe a few hours before night, you guess. You don't know this poo poo, but this isn't your first crash. That was six beamers ago. Never crashed a plane before, at least you weren't driving it this time. You didn't kill the passenger this time. That's all in the past. The airplane is almost done burning. There isn't much left but a smoking pile of ashes and a burnt out steel skeleton. There might be something left over but its still too hot to get close. Its fortunate the pilot landed in an open field, stopping just before the airplane was shredded by the tree line but left an ugly gash in the ground. Black earth torn up several feet deep. The meadow stretches out at least a few hundred feet in each direction and there seems to be pond to your left not too far away. You can hear the sounds of some insect making some kind of shrill noise. Forest surrounds you. You aren't sure which way was your destination, but you know it was somewhere North-West....wherever North is.

You take stock of your possessions and yourself, thank god your sweater didn't get torn. Pure Lamb Wool and hand crafted by some peasants from Peru or something. Cost you over four grand.

Tad Westbrook
You are moderately bruised and tired
Your clothing is slightly signed but intact
You feel slightly warm
You are somewhat hungry and thirsty
Your addictions are satisfied
-Cocaine -light
-Alcohol -moderate

You are currently wearing-
Cotton Crew Tee - okay
Lamb Wool Sweater - singed
Khaki Slacks - singed
Wool Socks - okay
Leather Loafers - singed
Expensive Waterproof Rolex

Possessions
Large Carry-on backpack Travel Case - 60% full
-$20,000 in $20 dollar bills.
-10g of Cocaine
-50 count of Norco (opiate + generic pain killer)
-2 lighters (1.5 full)
-Retreat welcome pamphlet
-Legal pad
-Battery Pack (3/4 bars)
-Cellphone (65% charged, off)
-Flask of Everclear (7 oz)
-Fancy corkscrew/bottle opener

Day Trip Pack- unloaded into backpack. It even comes with a handy guide for the items in the kit!

-1 Heavy Duty, Waterproof, Vinyl Pouch, (3.25"x5")
-2 Individually Sealed Micropur™ Water Purification Tablets
-1 Heavy Duty Ziploc Bag™, Qt. siz
-1 Spark-Lite™ Military fire starter (100%)
-4 Tinder-Quik™ waterproof tinder, easily lit with the Spark-Lite™ and burns 2-3 minutes each
-1 Rescue-Flash™ signal mirror, made of durable LEXAN® polycarbonate with mil-spec aiming aid for easy one-handed use, visible for over 20 miles
-1 Rescue Howler™ Emergency signal whistle (110 decibel pea-less whistle)
-1 20mm compass, liquid damped with fast acting needle
-1 Duct Tape 2"x26", repairs, first aid, and countless other uses
-1 Sterile Scalpel Blade, light duty cutting chores, first aid, splinter removal
-1 Stainless Steel Utility Wire (6 ft)
-1 Fresnel Magnifier for reading small print (especially if glasses are lost) and emergency fire starting
-50 ft. Heavy Duty Nylon Thread
-1 Heavy Duty Sewing Needle with large eye
-4 Fish Hooks
-2 Sinkers
-1 Snap Swivel
-3 sq. ft. of Heavy Duty Foil, reflecting heat from a fire or improvising a cooking container
-10 ft. Heavy Duty Nylon Cord (150 lb test), shelter building and many other uses
-4 Safety Pins
-1 Pencil
-2 Waterproof Paper

It is Late Afternoon, 4 Hours until Sunset
What do you do?

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jul 22, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The first thing an idiot in this situation would do, even though it absolutely obviously will not work:

Turn on cellphone, attempt to call for help.

Might as well get it out of the way immediately.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
What's the weather/temperature like? What season is it? Based on our expected travel time and the current time, assuming we weren't out too long, how far along the flight path did we get? Do we recall there being any settlements between where we came from and where we were going? Can we see or hear running water? What part of the world are we in?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Ralith posted:

What's the weather/temperature like? What season is it? Based on our expected travel time and the current time, assuming we weren't out too long, how far along the flight path did we get? Do we recall there being any settlements between where we came from and where we were going? Can we see or hear running water? What part of the world are we in?

It is May 14th and you are somewhere in the Northern Canadian wilderness. You were about two hours hour into a three hour flight, direct line. You don't know much more than that. You pull out the pamphlet but it doesn't have any useful information. You cannot hear running water but the pond seems lively.

Infinity Gaia posted:

The first thing an idiot in this situation would do, even though it absolutely obviously will not work:

Turn on cellphone, attempt to call for help.

Might as well get it out of the way immediately.

-Free action , no resources spent-
You turn on your phone.Yup, no bars, but the wallpaper of picture of that chick from that island in the Caribbean gives you a little smile. You quickly turn it back off to save power.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My gods this is everything I had hoped for :D

Take several selfies around the crash site, maybe we can use them as evidence when we sue the aeroplane manufacturer. #BePrepared #TheIndomitableTadmeister #NoBellhop

Try to remember which direction the retreat was, toot the rape whistle for good measure.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Arkanomen posted:

It is May 14th and you are somewhere in the Northern Canadian wilderness. You were about two hours hour into a three hour flight, direct line.
So, it's going to be fairly cold--shelter should be a priority--and our best hope is probably to try to keep going in the same direction, if we can remember what direction that is.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Hexenritter posted:

My gods this is everything I had hoped for :D

Take several selfies around the crash site, maybe we can use them as evidence when we sue the aeroplane manufacturer. #BePrepared #TheIndomitableTadmeister #NoBellhop

Try to remember which direction the retreat was, toot the rape whistle for good measure.

Taking selfies would drain the battery. You remember that time in Hong-Kong, at that club. You took so many photos of that thing that you all agreed to never speak of again and your battery died! You missed a big meeting between your dad's corporation and a wealthy factory baron. It was totally cool though. You spun it as a power play and the baron folded. Raked in a cool 25 mil and also the clap but your family doctor cured that quick. You high five yourself.

You know its to the north-west, where ever that is. You saw a compass somewhere in your bag, but that might take a bit to figure out. The whistle is pretty dope. You blast it a few times but nothing happens except the insects buzzing a little louder.

Ralith posted:

So, it's going to be fairly cold--shelter should be a priority--and our best hope is probably to try to keep going in the same direction, if we can remember what direction that is.

Its getting a little chilly but that plane crash is putting out some baller heat. You saw a compass somewhere in your bag, but that might take a bit to figure out.

Current Plans
- Take some sick selfies for later blackmail legal action against the airplane fuckheads manufacturer - 20 min, cell phone battery
- Figure out which way is north-west - compass, brain 1 hour
- Head north west and hope there is somewhere to shelter - walking, (how long, 1 hour, until sunset, until find?)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We have a compass. Use it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
This is just like the Bear Grills guy. Drink some of the pond water (try not to get clothes wet).

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Try to impress a squirrel with stories of our sweet bankroll, maybe scam the location of a cache of nuts.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm less interested in this chumps survival and more curious as to how, and when, rather than if he dies out here.

I'm guessing realistically he'd last maybe two weeks if he sticks by the water.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The Gekko says..

Put the opiates in the lighter fluid and drink.

Chase with coke.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Outrail posted:

This is just like the Bear Grills guy. Drink some of the pond water (try not to get clothes wet).

Nothing for it but to drink Tad's own pee.

Seriously though, head NW.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Okay so looks like Tad is going to

1.Take some selfies with the burnt out airplane
2.Drink some pond water straight
3.Figure out the compass and go ME
4.Head NW until sunset.

Confirm Y/N?

Loel posted:

The Gekko says..

Put the opiates in the lighter fluid and drink.

Chase with coke.

The wise words of your spirit animal compel you with some unusual bullshit. Maybe its good you didn't make it to that drug camp spiritual retreat. You can't get to the lighter fuel as it's inside the lighter. Also you don't want to waste your Norco like that. Totally could use a COKE ZERO, regular coke would kill your abs.

Blasphemaster posted:

Try to impress a squirrel with stories of our sweet bankroll, maybe scam the location of a cache of nuts.

You look around for some critters but there isn't anything around except bugs. The smoke seems to be keeping those away, though. Acorns make trees and hippie chicks are all about putting out for carbon credits, which you sell at a markup of course.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
No to selfies, no to drinking still water if we don't have to, figure out the compass but don't leave yet--focus on improvising shelter by the plane, where it's warm. Try to gather some wood and start a controlled fire from the wreck. We can pick over the cooled wreckage in the morning, and if we want to leave, then we'll have much more daylight with which to find our next stopping point.

I don't know if we should leave, though. Is anyone expecting to hear from us any time soon who might be able to guess where to look for us? e.g. the retreat, friends, family. If so, staying where we are might be our best bet.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Ralith posted:

No to selfies, no to drinking still water if we don't have to, figure out the compass but don't leave yet--focus on improvising shelter by the plane, where it's warm. Try to gather some wood and start a controlled fire from the wreck. We can pick over the cooled wreckage in the morning, and if we want to leave, then we'll have much more daylight with which to find our next stopping point.

I don't know if we should leave, though. Is anyone expecting to hear from us any time soon who might be able to guess where to look for us? e.g. the retreat, friends, family. If so, staying where we are might be our best bet.

Above marked as Plan Ralith
Previous plan marked as Plan Gekko

You think about when you will be missed. People won't be looking for you for quite some time. You paid some deep woods rando to fly you to the rear end end of nowhere. You aren't expected home for at least 3 months and even then you've gone on benders for far longer. Unless someone sends in a ransom demand or the embassy calls your lawyers no-one will think to look for you. The thought of being forsaken barely registers in your inflated ego. You have money and that matters in life.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arkanomen posted:

Above marked as Plan Ralith
Previous plan marked as Plan Gekko

You think about when you will be missed. People won't be looking for you for quite some time. You paid some deep woods rando to fly you to the rear end end of nowhere. You aren't expected home for at least 3 months and even then you've gone on benders for far longer. Unless someone sends in a ransom demand or the embassy calls your lawyers no-one will think to look for you. The thought of being forsaken barely registers in your inflated ego. You have money and that matters in life.

Do our best to stoke the plane fire. If we can make it large enough, surely someone will notice us! It's not like anyone will care if we burn a few trees out here.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

There Bias Two posted:

Do our best to stoke the plane fire. If we can make it large enough, surely someone will notice us! It's not like anyone will care if we burn a few trees out here.

That's right! A forest fire is sure to draw attention, and it's not like we started the fire.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
+1 to forest fire since it probably won't make our situation worse and seems hilariously in-character.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
+1 Burn it, burn it all.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I absolutely love you guys right now.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

+1 to mountain-sized Smoke Signal.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

That's right! A forest fire is sure to draw attention, and it's not like we started the fire.

It was always burning since the world's been turning...

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Thoughts race through your head. First thing you do in a crash, take photos. Gotta cover your rear end in court. You turn the cell phone back on and snap some wicked pictures, even play around in your photo editor to make you look like the sex-god you are. #Surviving #Winning #WildernesBaller #MakeCanadaAmericaAgain #Goingtosue #WhereamIBruh. The smoking remains of the airplane make a sick backdrop and you notice later that the picture you took has part of the pilot's charred skeleton in it.

-15% Phone Battery, -30 min

You eventually get bored taking selfies and think for a moment. You are thirsty but the only water nearby is what's in the pond. You could drink that....IF YOU WERE A FILTHY POOR! Seriously, who would drink water that fish and beavers piss in. You make a mental note to remember to make the freshmen back at your frat drink pond water the next time you visit during alumni week.

The Compass is next. You should figure out where north west is. The drug dealer shaman's retreat was that way. How hard is a compass to figure out?

DC 25 vs Tad 54 - Pass

The little plastic compass comes out and its actually not that hard to follow along with the instruction booklet. The needle points north, magnetic north, but you have to adjust for true north. You just need your....map. You don't have a map. gently caress, stupid piece of poo poo. You think you're kinda to west of the north pole but you don't know and so you set the bezel to account for it pointing you somewhat north-east. You think, you don't know. You didn't go into the boy scouts because gently caress the woods. You should buy the land rights to this whole loving place and then burn it to the ground and strip mine it for bullshit, this whole place is rich in it.

Hey...that's not a bad idea. The smoke rising from the airplane ash-pile make a little bit of smoke. Maybe if you set this forest the gently caress on fire you could make a big smoke signal and summon help from all over. That's what they did in olden times, right. Moment of brilliance over you try to guess at setting a fire. It's just flame+wood+paper right? You got some papers and the tree line is right there. You crumple up the pamphlet for the retreat and walk over to the nearest tree. Its a substantial tree. You aren't sure what tree it is except its a pine tree, with the needles. You grab a bunch of the needles and make a little pile, then you throw some sticks on top. Not too many, you saw that Pee-drinking guy on tv once. He said start small. You pull out a lighter and start the paper on fire. Fire, is great, you think before jamming the burning paper into the pile of needles and sticks.

DC 75 vs Tad 18- Failure

The paper burns and that's about it. The needles curl a little but don't catch. Frustrated you try to light a sick on fire directly and all it does is char and hiss a little like its wet or something. Frustrated you fling the stick back into the woods and stomp back over to the burnt out wreck. At least that's warm. Its getting a little chilly. Your stomach grumbles.

-1/4 a lighter of fuel, -30 min

It is Late Afternoon, 3 Hours until Sunset
What do you do?

Tad Westbrook
You are moderately bruised and tired
You are frustrated
Your clothing is slightly signed but intact
You feel slightly warm
You are hungry and thirsty
Your addictions are satisfied
-Cocaine -light
-Alcohol -moderate

You are currently wearing-
Cotton Crew Tee - okay
Lamb Wool Sweater - singed
Khaki Slacks - singed
Wool Socks - okay
Leather Loafers - singed
Expensive Waterproof Rolex

Possessions
Large Carry-on backpack Travel Case - 60% full
-$20,000 in $20 dollar bills.
-10g of Cocaine
-50 count of Norco (opiate + generic pain killer)
-2 lighters (1.25 full)
-Retreat welcome pamphlet
-Legal pad
-Battery Pack (3/4 bars)
-Cellphone (40% charged, off)
-Flask of Everclear (7 oz)
-Fancy corkscrew/bottle opener
-Guide for the following items
-1 Heavy Duty, Waterproof, Vinyl Pouch, (3.25"x5")
-2 Individually Sealed Micropur™ Water Purification Tablets
-1 Heavy Duty Ziploc Bag™, Qt. siz
-1 Spark-Lite™ Military fire starter (100%)
-4 Tinder-Quik™ waterproof tinder, easily lit with the Spark-Lite™ and burns 2-3 minutes each
-1 Rescue-Flash™ signal mirror, made of durable LEXAN® polycarbonate with mil-spec aiming aid for easy one-handed use, visible for over 20 miles
-1 Rescue Howler™ Emergency signal whistle (110 decibel pea-less whistle)
-1 20mm compass, slightly calibrated
-1 Duct Tape 2"x26", repairs, first aid, and countless other uses
-1 Sterile Scalpel Blade, light duty cutting chores, first aid, splinter removal
-1 Stainless Steel Utility Wire (6 ft)
-1 Fresnel Magnifier for reading small print (especially if glasses are lost) and emergency fire starting
-50 ft. Heavy Duty Nylon Thread
-1 Heavy Duty Sewing Needle with large eye
-4 Fish Hooks
-2 Sinkers
-1 Snap Swivel
-3 sq. ft. of Heavy Duty Foil, reflecting heat from a fire or improvising a cooking container
-10 ft. Heavy Duty Nylon Cord (150 lb test), shelter building and many other uses
-4 Safety Pins
-1 Pencil
-2 Waterproof Paper

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 23, 2017

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Do a line of coke off the pilot's charred skull. Serves him right for crashing you in the freakin' woods.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wait, hang on. We have a military fire-starter in our pack. Use it to get the fire going.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Use one lighter to set fire to the other lighter to really get this party started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

There Bias Two posted:

Wait, hang on. We have a military fire-starter in our pack. Use it to get the fire going.

That lighter is just a really high-quality sparker, it makes really nice sparks but the lighter is already fire!

• Locked thread