Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I just finished catching up with the thread, and oh boy we're right smack in the middle of my prime WWF nostalgia time. I was an incredibly huge Hogan mark as a little boy (I liked the ending of WM9) and I'm looking forward to seeing things through a new lens and also some stuff I probably never saw to begin with. The next few shows, including the rest of this Summerslam, should be an absolute treat to read about.

Also I am happy to be the exactly one millionth person to say that this thread rules, Rarity. Thanks for doing it :)

PS: do not mourn for poor Jacques. Cartoonish heels have their place, and he owned the hell out of the gimmick. The Mountie deserves your respect :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Gavok posted:

Forgot about one of the best parts. Jim Herd wanted Ric Flair to shave his head, get earrings and change his name to Spartacus.

This was on top of demanding that Flair take a massive pay cut as well, IIRC. Jim Herd must have loving hated Flair.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Randaconda posted:

Define "good". I define it as entertaining me, personally, and by that standard, Sid ruled.

This is also why Bossman, the Mountie, and Earthquake are very good and don't suck at all :colbert: