Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

He also used the titty twister as a submission move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Wrestlemania IV is Karmine's favorite Wrestlemania

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

C. Everett Koop posted:

Well I don't want to pin the blame all on one man, who I won't name but it starts with a "K" and ends with "evin Dunn that bucktooth pile of trash."

The reason I don't want to pin it all on that man is because Vince Russo deserves a good chunk of blame too.

the real thing to blame was Madusa "betraying" Vince

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

I want you to know that only one of the Demolition were actually old. Smash was barely 30. Ax was 40 though so you're right there. The biggest thing to know was that Demolition were just a poor rip off of LOD and not WWE's last attempt at one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

LOD 2005

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

quote:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Ted DiBiase w/ Virgil and Andre the Giant

Oh geez, I don't think they could have a found a worse opponent for DiBiase's first PPV match if they'd tried.

It's funny you mention this but these two were in a team on the territory days and their split and feud put them both on the map because of how good it and their matches were. Specifically a Loser Leaves Town Tuxedo Street Fight Coal Miner's Glove On A Pole Steel Cage. This is not a joke.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

That was former NXT wrestler Richie Steamboat's only main roster appearance.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Demolition's theme ruled drat it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

C. Everett Koop posted:

i cant believe that roman reigns did charlottesville

that can't be, he's brown

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

commentary is going to keep pointing out referee Joey Marella and saying things about him because he's Gorilla Monsoon's son.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

spoilers i guess for Rarity in your post

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

C. Everett Koop posted:

did i not loving tell you

Ax was smart because he at least wore a singlet.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Rarity posted:

Number of Times Rarity Considered Abandoning This Project: 4

747 was the name of Akeem's big splash, er One Man Gang's. Akeem's was Air Africa.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2017 around 07:53

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Davros1 posted:

Rockin' Robin is Jake Roberts sister

Yes, Jake, Robin, and Sam Houston are all related because their dad was a bastard

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Hogan vs. HBK was a bad match actually

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Red Rooster was originally in Heenan's stable. He said he could take anyone to the top, but not Rooster. He betrays him by bringing in the Brooklyn Brawler. Also like mentioned Heenan vs Rooster was actually supposed to be longer but Warrior legit injured Heenan in the post match attack in the Rick Roode match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Davros1 posted:

Three of them. Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer, and Cousin Luke.

There was more than 3 of them. There was Cousin Junior also.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

The over pushed and under pushed stuff also took into account the wrestlers abilities as well.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Duggan defeated Haku for the crown and King gimmick on WWF Superstars

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Takuan posted:

edit: n/m, embedding tweets is automatic.
https://twitter.com/skrongstyle/sta...6155392?lang=en

You mention Andre being bad in the ring at this point, and you're right. He's more of a prop that people work around than an active participant at this point. He really was goddamn terrifying in his prime, though.

Corbin's been watching his Boss Man stuff apparently.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

yeah there's probably going to be a lot of midcard feuds that you'll miss with this just being a ppv retrospective now that WWF has a bunch of tv shows going on.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Gavok posted:

He develops it a bit more later on, but you have to remember that as "The Model," being vain and conceited about his sexiness is his job. For Rick Rude, it's just who he is.

Yeah, Rick Martel is a Model in the same way Tyler Breeze's gimmick/side job was Model. Rick Rude is just a tamer Val Venis. Also Bad New Brown really hates white people/is a lone wolf.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Rarity posted:

Wait seriously, Sherri's dead?

Dammit that sucks

Gonna make you sad when you find out how many other people so far have died on these shows.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Venomous posted:

Didn't he have a run in the 70s and early 80s, including a fair few matches with Bruno? idk

That's the WWWF!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

My favorite dude comes around next year in Rarity's reviews.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

stop forcing bad movies on rarity and let her do the wrestling reviews which is more than enough

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Koko B Ware sang his own theme and all I remember is BIRD BIRD BIRD

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

He was very short compared to everyone else

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

I will remind you that Smash is a young 31 years old still.

Pat Tanaka is actually a Hawaiian that worked the terroritories and pretty much every promotion in the 80s. Him and the Rockers wrestled each other in AWA. Sato is some guy from All Japan and territories.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Bad Company was also the name of the song, artist, and album that Badd Company used as entrance music. Badd Company were also managed by DDP in AWA.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

My favorite thing is how it looks like J.J. is shocked that he got him up for it too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Shiki Dan posted:

https://youtu.be/P4zYfaTBLk0

I seriously have to wonder if you were watching the same match, here.

Tom MaGee has hands down the most laughable offense out of ANYone I've seen in professional wrestling outside of maybe Jenna Morasca (not a trained worker), Tammy Sytch (again, not trained), Raja Lion and Dragon Dragon (who's intentionally meant to be funny).
He POSES in lieu of doing transition moves.
The difference is this guy is supposed to be a serious worker, and looks like someone Vince McMahon would blow loads over, and in the right place at the wrong time (anytime in the 1980's WWF) he could have gotten a major push.

It should also be known that the crowd was laughing at how bad this match was

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

DeathChicken posted:

Kato here was Paul Diamond, who happened to be Tanaka's partner for about four years (out of WWF) as Badd Company. Apparently reuniting a pretty good team and throwing them up against the Rockers results in a loving awesome match

It should also be noted that before the Rockers came to the WWF, Badd Company and The Rockers feuded in AWA. So these guys just had great chemistry and just knew how to work with each other.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Be prepared for Rest in Peace being only thing the zombie cowboy says for years.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

DeathChicken posted:

Yup, this is the thing I was mentioning! The singles push of Jacques Rougeau...under a silly enough gimmick he was barred from using it in Canada, but it is still a singles push for Jacques Rougeau.

Also yeah, I always thought Jacques somehow got taller for this run. Don't know if it was just the suit or what, but I never would have thought of him looming over the likes of Koko.

Koko is a very short man and also Mountie wore lifts with the boots he has

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Wooo boy, i'm already anticipating Rarity's reaction to the rest of this pay per view if she's already scratching her head about filler, bad booking, and using people just to get them on Mania.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

that's a minor spoiler friend, even if the person has 0 effect on WWE's history

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Nasty Boys were for some ungodly reason a big deal and somewhat important figures because of Hogan I guess.Here's some fun facts: they're home town heroes where I live and they got photos up at the local pizza shop. I also apparently have Knobbs autograph that my dad got when he saw him at a beer fest thing and he spelled my name wrong. Oh oh and they are both incredibly stupid if my one highschool teacher's stories about them are true. The last one I have is that Knobbs was getting wasted at a bar and got into a fist fight with one of my former coworkers. I can't wait until you see their big signature move.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

i'll say this, a blindfold match with a hot crowd that actually cares about the face makes the matches better. Daniel Bryan's match proved that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

can't believe Ciampa and Gargano is gonna be the last WWE PPV match ever

«2 »