Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

I enjoy reading your reactions to these old shows, but if it takes you four to five days to finish one event you're gonna be here for a long time.

A long time.

Especially when we bump up to twelve shows a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

I've seen pictures of Moolah when she was younger and I'm pretty sure she's always looked like she was 56 years old.

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

Herc' talks about his battles with Samson and Atlas and dear god, this dude is meant to be the actual mythological Hercules. I just don't have the suspension of disbelief to deal with this.

Ah yes, my favorite part of the Bible was when Samson fought Hercules.

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm very curious to see if the love his run received is due to in-ring ability or if its just a case of a great gimmick combined with strong booking.

The latter. It's the latter.

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

Hockles posted:

If you really deconstruct Hogan's BIG WWF run, he is presented as a Face, but his entire arsenal of offense (except for Big Boot Leg Drop) is all heel work. If I remember correctly, he was initially trained as a heel, but never modified his moveset as a face. Back rakes, eye rakes, using weapons, etc.

I've never understood the psychology of the back rake. I know a lot of 80's and earlier wrestling moves look laughable by today's standards, but how is giving someone a pleasant back scratch supposed to be a dastardly heel tactic?

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

History's greatest monsters.

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

I love that Jim has little anvils on his jacket sleeves.

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

I can't wait for Rarity to turn around on the Mountie like she eventually does with most of the gimmicks she hates.

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm here with Akeem

See, you're friends already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 17, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Did anyone like Jamison? Ever?

I'm sure Vince thought he was hilarious.