Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Platypus Farm posted:

Wait I'm genuinely confused. How can someone hate george steele?

Like, he has a green tongue, and he eats turnbuckles???

Plus he had his own Daryl, named Mine and some kind of monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Rarity posted:

I'm British too, doesnt mean I get to chill at ringside with Jack Gallagher

Have you asked?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

You pasted it in or whatever twice.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Only a year away from time-travelling Daniel Bryan.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Gavok posted:

Don't worry, Daniel Bryan's Wyatt-magic-powered time-travel adventure happened on an episode of Saturday Night's Main Event, not a PPV.

Huh. Coulda sworn it was Summerslam 89. And I figured Rarity would miss it if it wasn't mentioned.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I was told a story today, about the last time Greg Valentine worked a local indy. The indy runs out of a club attached to a bar. Valentine was the main event. Greg Valentine is not to be trusted.

Ergo, when main event time came, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine came to the ring, one hip against the guard rail, climbing it hand over hand, gradually slouching lower. When he came to the ring steps, he crawled up them, then rolled into the ring, and pulled himself up by the turnbuckles. He walked up to his opponent and whispered, "Don't knock me down," apparently not thinking this was something to discuss in the locker room beforehand. His opponent had to put together a match, on the fly, involving zero bumps for The Hammer. In the end, Greg waddled himself into a sitting position and draped one leg over his opponent's, forcing him to put himself in the figure-four and submit.

Moral: do not book Greg Valentine, or, if you do, arrange transportation from the airport to the arena and back, and do not allow him anywhere near booze.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Zeus here would of course go on to have a famous acting career, with such roles as "That guy who got knocked the gently caress out in Friday" and "That prisoner on the boat in Dark Knight". WWF had the Rock here, man

Don't forget Earthican president in Fifth Element.

e:f,b

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Not one mention of Hulk as the Time Master, huh?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

J-Ru bad, Rarity good.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT HAM HOCK!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Tito Santana was born in Texas.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shiki Dan posted:

Tito was born in Mission, Texas which is quite literally on the border with Mexico at the very Southern tip of Texas and had a 90+% population of Mexican descent.

He's Mexican AND American.
You can be both, you know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejano

Thank you for knowing more about this topic than me.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I googled it and the Hogan PPV is just a best-of and Okerlund interviewing Hogan's parents about how he's the best and greatest man.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

The local gas station/convenience store had only a few wrestling VHS tapes in the late 90s. Summerslam 93, some Undertaker collection(a quick google suggests His Gravest matches), Wrestlemania X, and this. So for years, this was the oldest wrestling I'd ever seen. Loved it. I am really curious how this will bear out.

Xerzes fucked around with this message at May 14, 2018 around 20:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Was Bray Wyatt's spooky singing kid actually Jamison's son, or was that just a joke the pisscast made? I was never sure.