Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

:cop: Boss Man :cop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

Rude brings up Philly's history of Rocky Balboa against Apollo Crews

:laugh:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

Addendum:

poo poo.

This is Rick Rude's last PPV appearance.

gently caress everything.

Ok, ok, I'm composing myself. gently caress.

So when this thread started I was watching these shows from a very detached position. I wanted to critique and appreciate in equal measure but it was from a distant perspective. Rick Rude changed all that. From the first time he walked out with a lady's face on his butt I was hooked. He was entertaining in a very modern way. Then with every appearance he got better. His ringwork improved, his character became more realised and he kept on delivering. It wasn't long before he was the highlight of my show and with that being gone it's going to leave a hole.

I feel like Rude's impact on the business and his legacy have been sadly forgotten in the last 25 years. Here is a guy who pushed the boat out so much and was one of the stars of the 80s and yet these days nobody would know him. That is such a shame to me. Velveteen Dream put in a huge tribute to Rude at NXT Takeover War Games and it delighted me so much to see that someone out there still sees and recognises the fantastic talent that this man possessed. So here's to Rick Rude, may his muscular medley live on forever.

...you can always try :wcw:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Takuan posted:

Before becoming Goldust, Dustin Rhodes was one of the blandest, whitest meat babyfaces to ever make it on to TV. He wasn't bad, he was just kinda there. That being said, Dusty and Dustin did one of my all-time favorite segments in all of wrestling in WCW in 1994. It's from the future, but it's not from WWF, so I don't believe it qualifies as a spoiler. If it does, I apologize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOli1iSjr7s&t=136s

The context is Dustin is falling in with a bad crowd, and Dusty is trying to get him to see the error of his ways.

That's a hell of a shirt Dustin's got on.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Someone post the THAT'S TONY ATLAS clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG5LI168rBo

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

This isn't difficult guys, if Rarity says something and you know that something later will contradict that... just don't say anything because Rarity will get to it themselves and talk about it when it happens.

But how are people supposed to let you know how much they know about wrestling if they can't spoil everything?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4NlQbUmyJA

Seems pretty popular to me, I guess :shrug:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

MOST HOMOEROTIC MOMENT

Big Bossman: “He's going to be the one that spends a long, hard night in jail”

:thejoke:

Trust me, it is.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

First up is Skinner who I'm vaguely familiar with. He's an Aussie and I think his gimmick is basically Steve Irwin but evil?

Nope. Billed from the Florida Everglades, I believe. His gimmick is that he kills alligators and... umm... skins them? Also he chews tobacco, so that's fun.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Oh man, I can’t wait to see what Rarity has to say about Jake Roberts after THIS show! :dance:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
How difficult can it be to NOT say stuff?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

*unneccesary bashing of Lex Luger*

Hey, Lex Luger's one of the biggest legendstars ever in this... GAH!!! :colbert:

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Thank you for the thread, thank you for the reviews, and thank you... for Hulkamania!