Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

remusclaw posted:

One of the best illustrators of the idea of the past as a foreign country is previous generations strange obsession with hillbillies.

I can tell somebody hasn't ever gone into a remote town in the south with a population of 42 who all have the same last name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wrestlemania X7 in the Gimmick Battle Royale?

(I'm pretty sure Rarity has seen X7 so this probably doesn't need a spoiler either.)

That was great because everyone else was a giant, fatbodied mess and hillbilly jim was just happy and fit. He was also the sanest and most sober person on legends house.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Rick Martel became so drat good after the heel turn. He just gets better from here

I've said it many many times, but Jake Roberts feud with Martel was just magic on so many levels. Watching it now out of context, I'm perfectly aware that it's cornball as gently caress and horribly cheesy, but god was it great to watch unfold live.

Also, the thing about dusty was that he was ugly, fat, bled like a stuck pig and could talk entire arenas into frenzies. His matches just didn't even really matter, though as plenty of people said, he had some good to great ones during his heyday.

edit: although his best worked matches were brutal gorefests that generally featured dick murdoch or a funk.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Randaconda posted:

Yeah. He also was apparently a pretty nice guy, family man and all that, just somebody you did not want to gently caress with.

I don't remember who it was, I think it was either steve austin or jake...maybe it was jake. Anyway, he was talking about how Rude would go to absurd lengths to go home for days off instead of just hanging around on the road drinking and partying.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Tiny Lister had himself a life, man.

My four year old refers to him as "big ear fox" since he's that fennick fox in zootopia. She was, frankly, a bit surprised when I showed her fennick's voice actor.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If she becomes a wrestling fan, you need to tell her that Big Ear Fox once wrestled Hulk Hogan.

She's a Bruti fan.

She likes his tights and how his hair looks like hers does when she wakes up in the morning.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

DukeofCA posted:

I've never understood the psychology of the back rake. I know a lot of 80's and earlier wrestling moves look laughable by today's standards, but how is giving someone a pleasant back scratch supposed to be a dastardly heel tactic?

because being scratched loving HURTS

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Apologies if this is a bit of a derail, but: they ran with it as legit to the point that Bill Mercer (WCCW announcer) straight up said on WCCW TV that Hernandez' death and Adams' "blinding" were two very serious tragedies. Keep in mind, too, that this was back in the days when kayfabe was so strong, Scotland Yard reportedly interviewed Adams as a suspect in Hernandez' death when he was in the UK.

is that really kayfabe though or is that scotland yard being a bunch of sweaty marks?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Rarity posted:

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it :)

And yes, I'm having a blast

I have two questions for you:

1) when is your birthday
2) do you think I could book a George "The Animal" Steel impersonator for it? I mean, along with the Lord Alfred Bigdick and Adrian Adonis guys I already booked.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

WCW had people other than Flair, though, at least in those days. He was their top draw, but they weren't completely boned without him.

Meanwhile, if Cena retires or gets a career-ending injury or dies, there's probably no WWE anymore within a year.

Considering he's barely around these days I doubt the veracity of your statement.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

I laughed -really- hard at this

edit: Let's get bull james to play dong zhuo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Also, wait, his name is Burtus Beefcake? I always thought it was Brutus.

it's a joke from a sign some kid had at like wrestlemania 3