Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The name isn't a joke btw. It's a dogshit card you kind of have to run because you don't have any other searchers for your starters that could take that slot.

I think worrying about generic extra deck monsters in a tier 0 format where the top decks aren't using them is incredibly dumb.

I mean it's dumb in general but doing it now is silly poo poo.

Hey not to be a pain but I can't recognize cards by picture. I only recently started playing again since before syncro's were a thing so I'm still learning what all the cards are. Any chance you could drop a list for that deck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hey not to be a pain but I can't recognize cards by picture. I only recently started playing again since before syncro's were a thing so I'm still learning what all the cards are. Any chance you could drop a list for that deck?

Yeah I'll type it out give me just one second to edit it into this post

Monsters:
3x Droll and Lock Bird (Depending on the format swap these for Ash Blossom or Ghost Ogre)
3x Maxx C
3x Diviner of the Herald
3x Poissonniere de Nouvelles
1x Buerillabaisse de Nouvelles
1x Confiras de Nouvelles
1x Poeitis de Nouvelle
1x Foie Glasya de Nouvelle
1x Balameuniere de Nouevelle
1x Hungry Burger
1x Baelgrill de Nouvelle

Spell Cards:
3x Pre-Preparations of Rite
2x Voici la Carte (Today's Menu)
3x Nouvelles Restaurant "At Table"
2x Recette de Poisson (Fish Recipe)
1x Recette de Viande (Meat Recipe)
3x Book of Moon (TRIPLE FUCKIN BOOK OF MOON)
2x Called By The Grave
3x Concours de Cuisine (Culinary Confrontation)

Trap Cards:
2x Chef's Special Recipe
1x Recette de Personnel (Staff Recipe)

Extra Deck:
1x Elder Entity N'tss
1x Patissciel Couverture
2x Herald of the Arc Light
1x Lyrilusc Assembled Nightingale
1x Downerd Magician
1x Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS - Sky Thunder
1x Linkuriboh
1x I:P Masquerena
1x Cross-Sheep
1x Dharc the Dark Charmer, Gloomy
1x Spright Elf
1x Dyna Mondo
1x Knightmare Unicorn
1x Accesscode Talker

I can do a little write up on the whys and wherefores on the ratios and the non-nouevelle and possible changes I'd recommend if you'd like

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 14, 2024

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Cool, thanks for that. Gonna put all that into masterduel tomorrow for a placeholder deck and slowly piece it together.

In other news pretty sure Gold 1 is my hard ceiling for this garbage Dark Magician deck I put together. I played like 20 games tonight and won just enough to get there. Gold 2 was loving full of Kashtira. I'd be frustrated but honestly gold feels like the correct spot for this deck. Until I have the gems to craft Ash, Maxx C, Droll, and all the other staple hand traps it's probably where I'll land every season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
gimme delicious at 3, tcg.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
You can’t lose ranks in Gold until the reset at the end of the month so if you keep playing, you’ll eventually wind up in Plat just on people mashing surrender when they brick.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah and lower plat is where a bunch of bot ftk decks that instalose to drawing wrong hang out (along with bot selfTK decks) so you can probably get in mid or high plat with dogshit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah and lower plat is where a bunch of bot ftk decks that instalose to drawing wrong hang out (along with bot selfTK decks) so you can probably get in mid or high plat with dogshit.

if you want to see this boy do I have half a dozen youtube series to show you!

Lots of people playing Masochist where you start by ditching your starter deck and compiling a random 40 card deck from Master Packs. Then you get to open a single Master pack when you win. You get some insane decks that crawl all the way up through Plat

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ygorganization/status/1779487415549542627

Balanced Maxx C?

The put back being random is a good balance, the hard limit on hand size being (# of cards I control +6) also fair. I could end on like 1-2 guys after a few summons so they start with 7 instead of 15. AND it's still strong. If you gave me 7 random cards from my deck going second I can still make a lot of poo poo happen against an established board.

It doesn't instant win the game or stop an opponent going first but it does make them have to give a lot of thought into how they're ending on that turn, and the person that plays it isn't getting infinite hand power since the limit and random put back means you theoretically can still brick/not have enough gas to play through establish boardsIt's a deterrent not a game winner

Also it calls out it's archetype name. Since this one hard limits their effects to OPT each during the turn it's activated I wonder if they'll do something to try and keep you from having too big a hand at the end of it. Maybe there's gonna be little guys that summon to field when you draw them outside of draw. Interesting design space IMO

ALSO ALSO: They're a water aqua which means TEARLAMENT STRONGEST

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Also it calls out it's archetype name. Since this one hard limits their effects to OPT each during the turn it's activated I wonder if they'll do something to try and keep you from having too big a hand at the end of it. Maybe there's gonna be little guys that summon to field when you draw them outside of draw. Interesting design space IMO

the word “other” in there reads to me like you get this card’s effect plus one other card from that archetype, if you use this one.

quote:

ALSO ALSO: They're a water aqua which means TEARLAMENT STRONGEST

Tears are DARK, though…

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AweStriker posted:

the word “other” in there reads to me like you get this card’s effect plus one other card from that archetype, if you use this one.

Tears are DARK, though…

Reinoheart and Tear Kash aren't and the aqua part is much more important for their fusions.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Balanced Maxx C?

I might agree if you couldn't Nib under it, but you can so IMO it's just as powerful as Maxx C (If not more on account of proccing off Normal Summons). The random shuffling away is the only thing really holding it back

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Hey so how do I deal with Mikanko? I've read to just pass the turn but that seems incredibly risky going first. Just non-targeted removal? If so what?

Edit: Maybe I'll save and craft lightning storm and join everyone else. Swear I've seen a sudden surge in that card recently.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 15, 2024

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
My wins against Mikanko have been Kaiju and Harpie's Feather Duster.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Bumper Stickup posted:

Hey so how do I deal with Mikanko? I've read to just pass the turn but that seems incredibly risky going first. Just non-targeted removal? If so what?

Edit: Maybe I'll save and craft lightning storm and join everyone else. Swear I've seen a sudden surge in that card recently.

Play Nouvelles and eat them. :chef:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Zeatlantis also ruins their whole day.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Bumper Stickup posted:

Book of Eclipse is cheaper

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Synchros are allegedly only a 35% usage rate, but I swear I've only played against swordsoul and resonators

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Playing a real teched out RDA bystial deck is fun in the event because everyone's expecting the bad structure deck that dies to a negate and you just bowl over them.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 19, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Madolche support!!

It's good!!!

https://ygorganization.com/kaetteshimattawa/

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Playing a real teched out RDA bystial deck is fun in the event because everyone's expecting the bad structure deck that dies to a negate and you just bowl over them.

I've been beaten by this deck so many times this event. Let me tell you the one time I stole a win with my Dark Magician deck was the greatest feeling this game has given me yet.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

I've been beaten by this deck so many times this event. Let me tell you the one time I stole a win with my Dark Magician deck was the greatest feeling this game has given me yet.

DM loses to a single S/T removal usually and RDA have multiple ways to negate and pop that are searched mid combo. It's a bad bad bad match up for DM.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

DM loses to a single S/T removal usually and RDA have multiple ways to negate and pop that are searched mid combo. It's a bad bad bad match up for DM.

Oh yes I know all too well how fragile my favorite deck is.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Bumper Stickup posted:

Oh yes I know all too well how fragile my favorite deck is.

I share your pain, Dark Magician was my primary deck until I discovered Nouvelles and Rescue-ACE, which also get crushed under the inexorable weight of The Meta but sometimes you get to tribute a Kashtearlament player's entire board twice and they scoop and it feels so good. :burger:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Huh, a new Valmonica card. The deck still doesn’t do anything, but it’s nice they’re trying.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Pretty happy I was able to get a guy angry enough with my Magikuriboh in this event that he targeted it to banish for his Bystial special summon.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Edit: nevermind. Went over the replay and saw that the resonator used for synchro added to hand. Not the red rising dragon.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 21, 2024

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

EDIT: Never mind, was responding to previous post.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Grinded out he last ten levels of the duel pass. Ended with over 4000 gems and some much needed crafting materials. Got everything in the event as well except for the special titles for using synchro/xyz. Learned a lot of new tricks and added in some much needed cards into my deck. But I can safely say I will not be participating in this event anymore. Mostly saw synchro decks with a split of like 70% RDA, 20% SwordSoul, 5% Ursarctic, and the last 5% being a mix of other things. With xyz I saw Kashtira once. Otherwise it was Exosister and Purrely.

I'd like to say I learned a little on when and how to use effect Veiler and ash but honestly I just looked for "add to hand" and prayed I timed it right.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
man i wanna know who was playing ursartics lol

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I've been playing quite a bit of Runick Chimera after getting Master 1 for dailies and for the event, and it's a lot more fun than I expected. I'm with Joshua Schmidt now. Unlimit all the Runicks

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

I've been playing quite a bit of Runick Chimera after getting Master 1 for dailies and for the event, and it's a lot more fun than I expected. I'm with Joshua Schmidt now. Unlimit all the Runicks

Free all Runicks, ban all floodgates :haibrower:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

I've been playing runick rda and runick generaider and you are correct

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New MD banlist:

Snake-Eye Ash and WANTED: Seeker of Sinful Spoils semi-limited, and Superheavy Samurai Soulpiercer limited. It was always going to be Ash being hit first for Snake-Eye, otherwise they wouldn't have made it SR, but the spell being hit as well is surprising.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I don't think only running 5 copies of diabellstar instead of 6 is really going to be the thing that breaks this tier 0 format

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Just played someone who hit me with Ash, Veiler, Imperm, and Droll all within 5 moves or so

loving handtraps

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 23, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Just played someone who hit me with Ash, Veiler, Imperm, and Droll all within 5 moves or so

loving handtraps

So 4 out of 5 of their opening hands were hand traps? What did thames top deck you could play through on the Crack back?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Last night, I couldn't sleep. I had been reading my copy of the latest update of Perfect Draw, the Card Game Anime Tabletop RPG. For some reason, my mind went to the Virtual World Arc of Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Monsters. I googled quickly and found out no one ever made any official or unofficial formats for it.

As I laid sleepless in bed, as I so often do, I decided to pull out my phone and begin writing up my idea of how one could make it work.

The crux of the matter is the creation of a new type of card: Deck Master. Deck Master Cards are kept in the Deck Master Deck. You pick one card from the Deck Master Deck when Preparing the Duel and then remove the rest of the Deck from play. The Deck Master Card is then placed in the Deck Master Zone, which sits behind the Spell/Trap Zone. As long as the Deck Master is there, it is considered not in the Field or in your hand and thus cannot be targeted by a Card. However, it can use it's Deck Master Effect, either on your Main Phase of when a trigger occurs. It cannot use it's Field Effect unless it "invades" the Field and moves into a Monster Zone. As it is an invasion and not a summoning, it cannot be interrupted unless a card effect specifically targets invasion actions.

That's the five minute version, but I expound on it and a few other situations that can arise in the Rules Pamphlet. I also go further and include some samples of how I think the cards may look using https://www.cardmaker.net/yugioh/ . Though, I do admit that without being able to bold some text, it can be a little hard to read.

If you wish to take a deeper look at the format, that a look her: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1apQ6ZP2Lq4Cb_hnt4hBkE8SgzFZCUlwi?usp=drive_link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Floo secret pack:

New Umi secret pack: