Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I'm interested to see how they decide to make Crystal Beasts work with the limited space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm like 99% sure they're not going to. And that's despite the worthless archetypes they've made decent so far through skills and/or selective releasing including Naturia and Ancient Gears (:wtc:). On the other hand, Destiny Warriors.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MiddleOne posted:

I'm like 99% sure they're not going to. And that's despite the worthless archetypes they've made decent so far through skills and/or selective releasing including Naturia and Ancient Gears (:wtc:). On the other hand, Destiny Warriors.

Naturia and Ancient Gear's aren't bad in the real game though. Naturia can make plays and Ancient Gears have Chaos Giant Turbo.

Crystal Beasts, as much as I love them, are just outdated and bad. They've had a lack of good legacy support and are too overly tied to their lore for Konami to do much with them.

(They also never got all of their support in the TCG and got hosed over by the changes to Pendulum rules. :argh: )

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh we're not talking post Arc-V Ancient Gears. We're talking glorious old 2007 janky Ancient Gears were a 1800 atk Gemini beater is a core card. That is meta. Naturia is the same deal, we're not talking Synchro-spam Naturia which dominates the board with Barkion or whatever. We're talking straight up all the weird Naturia beatdown cards. That too was meta just a few months ago.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 5, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

To be fair, there's nothing stopping from Duel Links from adding in more recent archetype support since they set the precedent with things like Cosmic Cyclone and all of the Cyber Angels. We're definitely not going to get the pendulums because obviously, but the continuous trap Crystal Hoard is a great card that would give the deck some viability to stall until it has the means to summon Rainbow Dragon as a win condition.

There's also a small but real chance they'll give us access to the recently announced Crystal Bonds as a means of cross-promoting the set in Japan.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So I bought that Legendary Dragons box the other day, anything important I should keep in mind when playing any of them(just for casual play of course)?

Also I find it kinda funny that besides having every non Link type of special summon in it, that the Odd Eyes deck is the only one of the three decks in that box to have any actual dragons in the main deck and not the extra deck(not to mention that Cyber Dragons are dragons in name only)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

What is this Crystal Beast stealth release. Literally none of the synergy cards. :negative:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I guess they're saving anything worth having for the character unlock event. Oh well, Rainbow Life is... Fine as a budget Draining Shield.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.

AlphaKretin posted:

Speaking of banlists, I like how Duel Links limited Machine Angel Ritual because Cyber Angels are too strong and the protection is too much, and then immediately release Saffira, extremely powerful support for the deck, and Hymn of Light, which does the exact same thing as Machine Angel Ritual but is in a main box instead of a gate drop. :20bux:

Saffira isn't a Fairy or Warrior and can only be Ritual Summoned by her own ritual card vs any cyber angel being Ritual Summoned by any Machine Angel ritual and can be fetched by Petite Cyber Angel. CA decks are already pretty loaded with required cards and I don't know that adding inflexible rituals in exchange for protection is what a CA deck wants.

At first glance though, yeah it is pretty :20bux: though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why did no one ever tell me how the Duel Links banlist works before :iia:

Basically, instead of the ban-list limiting cards individually, the ban-list in Duel Links is a pool. For example, in base Yu-gi-oh limited meant that you could run a deck with like cyber dragon, graceful charity, heavy storm and whatnot all at the same time. In Duel Links, you would have to pick one of these and one only, because they're all from the limited pool. It works the same for semi-limited cards, you can only play 2 cards from the pool in total. For the current ban-list that means that you can in CA for example run either Vigilance or Machine Angel Ritual, but not both.

This is all going to come down to how they use it in practice but at face-value this seems like an excellent case of Konami actually learning something from running a card-game for decades.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

MiddleOne posted:

Why did no one ever tell me how the Duel Links banlist works before :iia:

Basically, instead of the ban-list limiting cards individually, the ban-list in Duel Links is a pool. For example, in base Yu-gi-oh limited meant that you could run a deck with like cyber dragon, graceful charity, heavy storm and whatnot all at the same time. In Duel Links, you would have to pick one of these and one only, because they're all from the limited pool. It works the same for semi-limited cards, you can only play 2 cards from the pool in total. For the current ban-list that means that you can in CA for example run either Vigilance or Machine Angel Ritual, but not both.

This is all going to come down to how they use it in practice but at face-value this seems like an excellent case of Konami actually learning something from running a card-game for decades.

Maybe it's just me, but that seems kind of awful and frustrating. Also have no clue why you spoiler tagged that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It works in Duel Links because they already know how powerful most cards are and generally don't add them at all, rather than limiting them, so the banlist is very small and so far no deck has multiple cards in the same tier. If you applied the same logic to the real game's current banlist, though if Konami did they'd presumably change it, it would be sheer hell.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

serefin99 posted:

Maybe it's just me, but that seems kind of awful and frustrating. Also have no clue why you spoiler tagged that.

That is awful and frustrating especially in an online line format where it's easy to change cards.

So you aren't wrong.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I don't see the frustration part. A lot of cards which were on the ban-list of Yugioh in the first 10 years were only so because either:

a) There was no such thing a deck not made better by them
b) Another card on the ban-list creates an infinite combo with them

In Duel Links all of these cards could be safely put at 1 because a) no longer matters with this new opportunity cost (playing one broken card denies you another) and b) falls away entirely since all you have to do is to limit combo-cards so that they can't be played with each other.

I mean this might seem incomprehensible in a format where Raigeki is at 1 and mirror force has been unlimited for almost a decade but power-cards used to a big deal back before every deck was synergy-town.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Link Heroes :getin:.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzLIiUaAw4M

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Top tier cosplay, 10/10.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is the kind of ad that can sell me a product.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Duel Links came to Steam, so I'm playing this nonsense, and Kaiba is the most extra motherfucker, I swear to God.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Marik is better. Half of his emotes is just him laughing like a maniac.

The steam port is so good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MiddleOne posted:

Marik is better. Half of his emotes is just him laughing like a maniac.

The steam port is so good.

Unless I just haven't found the option to not play on a vertical screen or do absolutely anything it's an awful port.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Unless I just haven't found the option to not play on a vertical screen or do absolutely anything it's an awful port.

There's a really barebones resolution-configuration thingy hidden in the game-map and if you're really finicky you can manually input literally whatever settings you desire into the relevant text-file. You can't make the game horizontal though if that is what you want.

When I'm saying it's a good port I'm referring to how there's no bugs and the thing runs like a charm. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Your left side should be a card lookup, and your right side should be a battle record.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The good parts of being Kaiba is being able to embrace being as much of an rear end in a top hat as you can and hearing him say it all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ChaseSP posted:

The good parts of being Kaiba is being able to embrace being as much of an rear end in a top hat as you can and hearing him say it all.
Stalling until the very last turn to kill with an absurdly-buffed BEUD for maximum points is pretty assholish.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And here's the new Noble Knight. Motherfucking Isolde

quote:

LVP1-JP051 聖騎士の追想 イゾルデ Inspiration of the Noble Knights, Isolde
Link 2 LIGHT Warrior Link Effect Monster
ATK 1600
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Warrior Monsters
You can only use this card’s name (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: you can add 1 Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Normal Summon or Special Summon the monster added to the hand by this effect or monsters with the same name, or activate that monster’s effect, during this turn.
(2) You can send any number of Equip Spell Cards with different names from your Deck to your Graveyard; Special Summon a Warrior monster from your Deck whose Level equals the number of cards that were sent to the Graveayrd this way.

A nice card indeed but not exactly what I was expecting, some people are calling her busted but I don't see it. And despite being generic I also don't see her becoming a staple on warrior decks either.

Her first effect is too limitant to be advantageous for a type that has means to search for monsters out of the rear end, and her second demands you to run equips that very few decks can take advantage of. Sure, you can use her to summon a level 1 warrior tuner but I doubt that is worth the investment to summon her. Her stats are too low and without any kind of self protection she will be gone real fast.

That said, she puts a nice work with us and it does enforce the Round Table/Toolbox approach.

Isolde makes live Round Table since turn 1 and to the surprise of no one, she was clearly designed to work in tandem with Drystan to keep her around since it protects her from battle and effects.

Ratios need to be changed around a lot now with NK since you want at least the six Noble Arms on the deck to use Isolde's effect more than once. Amusingly, Isolde increases Peredur's usefulness considerably since he's the only knight able to recover arms from the GY at a steady pace. It will need a lot of testing but I can see Isolde making Borz one of, Brothers three of and Peredur two of.

Am I curious, does Isolde's restriction apply to effects used before her summoning? Like, can Medraut use his effect to pitch a NK, go into Isolde and then look for another Medraut?

The way I'm reading her effect makes me think that you couldn't since you used Medraut's effect already

You can see the Invoker, Madolche, Zefra and Ritual Beast here

And simply because Konami was nice enough to post art of NK on the past few days I'm adding these to my post as well

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 22, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My first thought is somehow managing a hilarious Gilford the Legend OTK deck. That he can't be special summoned is a bit of a kink in that plan, though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ninja's is the #1 world deck in Duel Links. :psyduck:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Turbo duel's format changes are a hell of a thing.

Mill's probably actually, viable, for example.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
clearer pictures of Isolde have hit the net

I must say I love the detail put on the art, with the boat and the two colored sails. For those unfamiliar with the tale

quote:

When King Mark of Cornwall is aware of the love affair between Tristan and Isolde, he exiles him to Britannia and never returns to Cornwall. There, Tristan is placed under the care of King Hoel after being wounded. Thus, he meets Hoel's daughter, Isolde, and marries her because he shares the same name as his former lover. They never consummate marriage because of the love that Tristan feels for Isolde the beautiful.

During an adventure in Britannia, Tristan suffers to have a poisoned wound that only "Isolde the beautiful", the most skilled healer, can remedy. Tristan sends a sailing vessel to Ireland to look for her, ordering the crew to use white sails if Isolda is on board and, black if it is not. When the delegation arrives in Ireland and informs Isolde, it decides to leave for meet with his beloved, so the sailboat goes to Cornwall with white sails raised. However, Tristan is too weak to look out the window to see the signal, and asks his wife to check it out for him. In an outburst of jealousy, Isolda, the one with the "white hands", tells Tristán that the sails with which the sailboat sails above are black, so that Tristán expires of despair. When "Isolde the Fair One" arrives and finds her lover dead, grief overtakes her and ends by prostrating at her side.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/YuGiOh_OCG_INFO/status/934194937909846016

:allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 25, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
please recommend me a yu gi oh game on the DS to play casually that is similar to my favorite The Eternal Duelist Soul. Thank you

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there are no yugioh games exactly like eds but yugioh championship 2011 scratched the itch for me back in the day, and is similar enough that i think its good

also yes im recommending a 7 year old game, im sorry to say ds yugiohs died at some point

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also it mighrt have been called yugioh world championship 2011, its been a while since i played it and i cant look it up right now

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thank you, does it have a code system so I don't have to grind for cards as much? And yes I still have a DS and may carry it around at times.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It does have a code system, and iirc the grind for BP to buy boosters starts slow because the starter decks are shiiiiiit but when you figure out how MAXIMIZE UR GAINZ BRAH It gets pretty easy going. There are some bullshit reqs for unlocking some boosters so I recommend just cheating and unlocking the boosters if you want to do it semi-legitly or at any real pace.

Also this was right before xyz got added so all of the synchro era big decks (six sam, lightsworn, infernities) are there.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
well I never learned synchro poo poo so maybe I will learn it or maybe I don't wanna tango with this game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Synchros are fun!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I trust you, friendgoon, I am watching an LP of the game in French.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Its time to le d-d-duel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

Its time to le d-d-duel!