Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Messengers offer you a trick weapon. Choose one. Before you choose, you should visit https://www.beforeiplay.com to find out which one is the best, and plan your character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Messengers offer you a trick weapon. Choose one. Before you choose, you should visit https://www.beforeiplay.com to find out which one is the best, and plan your character.

One of my friends made me loving breed him a Pokémon t am with the correct natures and moves before he started then he didn't even finish the game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

- The goal for total exploration is not 100%.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

- Anyway, remember to have fun. The game is best played in one, tops two hour sessions.

- If you do like it, find a good guide for it online. I found that having a guide handy didn't detract from the flow of the game but rather enhanced it by making sure I was in the right places at the right times. It's pretty easy to miss costumes, weapons, and items if you don't know where to look.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Control Volume posted:

- Anyway, remember to have fun. The game is best played in one, tops two hour sessions.

- If you do like it, find a good guide for it online. I found that having a guide handy didn't detract from the flow of the game but rather enhanced it by making sure I was in the right places at the right times. It's pretty easy to miss costumes, weapons, and items if you don't know where to look.

Please tell me this is about Costume Quest, the game literally made for children

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
to imagine the vast sum of wisdom contained within the Games forum... let alone to see it before me..

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Endless_Space aaAAAa

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Fungah! posted:

its great how many of these are jst "play the game with a guide in front of you"

Thats how I like to do it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

• There's plenty of ammunition in the game, but switch the weapons from time to time. If you use one or two the whole time, you will run out of ammo for it. While we're at it, the shotgun and the rifle will probably be the two most used weapons. Get used to them both, the shotgun is 1-shotting most things within melee range, while the rifle is really weak, but accurate. Go for full body shots with the shotgun, and headshots with the rifle.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Colonel Campbell: Remember Snake, Night Vision is only useful at night!

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
get down! thats an enemy gun ship ... one burst from its machine guns can cut a man in half. stay low and crawl across the ground

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

to imagine the vast sum of wisdom contained within the Games forum... let alone to see it before me..

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

- Name your favorite food pussy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

- Wear boxing gloves while doing the chocobo race. This will make it more difficult but will save your hands when you go into the inevitable berserk rage.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
- Use cheat codes. Use cheat codes to gain an unfair advantage in the game which will make it much easier to complete

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

I.N.R.I posted:

- Use cheat codes. Use cheat codes to gain an unfair advantage in the game which will make it much easier to complete

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Mario's Early Years: Fun with Numbers?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

I.N.R.I posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Just a few quick tips you should keep in mind on your first play *drops a 1000 word optimal strategy guide*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

- Wear boxing gloves while doing the chocobo race. This will make it more difficult but will save your hands when you go into the inevitable berserk rage.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's not a bad idea for a thread because some games have really dumb gotchas, or bad tutorials that don't explain mechanics very well (MGR's parry/having to buy the dodge move)... who could have foreseen the remarkable turn of events where games goons woulod be unable to contain themselves from spilling the contents of the gamefaqs guide with the largest filesize (making it the best one) all over the page

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I really wanna know before I play a game is if the Normal difficulty is actually Easy or whatever.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The only thing I really wanna know before I play a game is if the Normal difficulty is actually Easy or whatever.

gently caress, this!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

DMC3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

gently caress, this!!!

I got owned hard by the US version of Mega Man 2.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
that happened to me with REmake

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Metroid Prime Trilogy does the same thing with MP1

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

yeah, or just what the difficulty levels do... I like to play on hard but not if hard is just "enemies have twice as much HP" or some stupid poo poo like Divinity:OS's hard mode making melee attacks half as accurate and not affecting spells/bows

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

please poo poo in my kidney

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's not a bad idea for a thread because some games have really dumb gotchas, or bad tutorials that don't explain mechanics very well (MGR's parry/having to buy the dodge move)... who could have foreseen the remarkable turn of events where games goons woulod be unable to contain themselves from spilling the contents of the gamefaqs guide with the largest filesize (making it the best one) all over the page

There are definitely games where it's helpful to know a couple things before you start so you don't gently caress something up but yeah, this site isn't exactly useful for that purpose

Also I'm really bad at giving the right advice at the right time so I have absolutely no room to talk

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
hey cool of u to post in the dark souls 4 thread well first thing u wanna do is turn right at the hallway of the eternal godflame (cant access it yet u need the key of bumble wizard see two paragraphs below) and u are gunna want to farm up near the poo poo magician merchant here to get the best gear in the game, the sword of lim. lol its not really the best but u can beat the whole fwicking game with it man and its motherhsitting amazeballs for taking out the next three bosses, tree of garbage, angered lizard and dark mark. anyhow, after youre done in the blimp of steam, you have to essentially just roll off the loving platform and get hit by two arrows -- if this does not happen RESET. you can get the loving helm of beerbrock early this way. ill post more later but enjoy the amazing game, but remember play with a guide in front of u

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Hizke posted:

hey cool of u to post in the dark souls 4 thread well first thing u wanna do is turn right at the hallway of the eternal godflame (cant access it yet u need the key of bumble wizard see two paragraphs below) and u are gunna want to farm up near the poo poo magician merchant here to get the best gear in the game, the sword of lim. lol its not really the best but u can beat the whole fwicking game with it man and its motherhsitting amazeballs for taking out the next three bosses, tree of garbage, angered lizard and dark mark. anyhow, after youre done in the blimp of steam, you have to essentially just roll off the loving platform and get hit by two arrows -- if this does not happen RESET. you can get the loving helm of beerbrock early this way. ill post more later but enjoy the amazing game, but remember play with a guide in front of u

Okay but where's the Wolf coat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No Forlorn Wolf coat? Nice fakepost. User loses posting privileges for 6 years

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hizke is way cooler than rere

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012