Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Narzack posted:

Genisys was the movie that clued me into the fact that Emilia Clarke is just a really bad actor .

:same:

She's not good, although her eyebrow game is on point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hopefully it's about Cobra's pizza-eating habits

Everything about that is just hilarious

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

:same:

She's not good, although her eyebrow game is on point

She seems really sweet and lovely, I'll admit. And the idea Gensisysisisys had about remixing known constants isn't bad, just bungled execution. And who thought it was a good idea to spoil evil John Connor in the trailers? That could have been a cool T2-esque reveal.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Narzack posted:

She seems really sweet and lovely, I'll admit. And the idea Gensisysisisys had about remixing known constants isn't bad, just bungled execution. And who thought it was a good idea to spoil evil John Connor in the trailers? That could have been a cool T2-esque reveal.

The people who make trailers can be dumb as hell.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Narzack posted:

Probably the same people whose idea it was to spoil T2's good Arnold Terminator reveal.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

McSpanky posted:

Probably the same people whose idea it was to spoil T2's good Arnold Terminator reveal.

There was literally no one on earth who thought Arnold was the bad guy in T2 even before the earliest trailers were released because him being reprogrammed to help/being the good guy was what the movie even getting made with him hinged on because Arnold didn't want to play a villain/monster again at that time.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Neo Rasa posted:

There was literally no one on earth who thought Arnold was the bad guy in T2 even before the earliest trailers were released because him being reprogrammed to help/being the good guy was what the movie even getting made with him hinged on because Arnold didn't want to play a villain/monster again at that time.

Meet me and all my friends, who were in middle school -> high school at the time and all thought Arnold was going to be the bad guy until one of us saw an Entertainment Tonight segment that spoiled it (and told the others). Thanks a lot, Eugene.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I asked my father in law about it a few years ago, and he told me that they all thought Arnold and Robert were both bad guys trying to kill John. Guess his memory is a bit faulty, so that's a bummer.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

That one's even better with her eyebrows stabilized:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Almost Blue posted:

That one's even better with her eyebrows stabilized:

Ah, THAT'S what that gif was doing. I was confused, lol.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Emilia Clarke is okay in Genisys, I think she's just not given enough to work with.

Jai Courtney sucks in it (he's very easily outclassed in any scene he shares with Arnold) but he's been good in Suicide Squad, Jack Reacher and Felony.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Narzack posted:

And who thought it was a good idea to spoil evil John Connor in the trailers? That could have been a cool T2-esque reveal.

Part of the reason why Salvation was so bad was word got out about the "John Connor is a terminator" thing and the producers promptly poo poo their pants and wrote it out of the story because of the reaction

With Genisys they just decided to own it up front.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

How is Sam Worthington not perfect for his role? He's the most anodyne actor imaginable.

Anodyne Systems Model 101

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jai Courtney and Sam Worthington are the same loving person.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I used to get Sam Worthington and the guy who was in Spartacus mixed up.

Edit: replacing dead John Connor with a robot John Connor to keep the resistance alive was a neat idea; I wish they would have soldiered through.

Narzack fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 25, 2019

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I watched the new Scott Adkins flick Avengement and it rules. That is all.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

dokmo posted:

I watched the new Scott Adkins flick Avengement and it rules. That is all.

I didn't even know this existed.

The trailer looks extremely cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQzHB8hs_s

Scott Adkin's is like the one true action guy left in western cinema and I hope he keeps making wonderful movies.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MrBling posted:

I didn't even know this existed.

The trailer looks extremely cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQzHB8hs_s

Scott Adkin's is like the one true action guy left in western cinema and I hope he keeps making wonderful movies.

Adkins made two revenge movies where the twist was HE HADN'T COMMITTED ENOUGH REVENGING VENGEANCE YET. They were both loving great.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm watching Avengement now and about 40 minutes in I've already lost count of the number of fights.

They're all brutal street fights too, no fancy choreography or anything. Just fists. Lots and lots of fists.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I'm double posting because I just found out there's ANOTHER Scott Adkins movie coming out called Legacy of Lies

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6834916/

quote:

SYNOPSIS: Martin Baxter an ex-CIA agent is thrown back into the world of espionage and high stakes when Shasha Stepanenko, a beautiful young Ukrainian journalist seeks his help uncovering the shocking truth about covert operations conducted by the Russian Secret Service.

What haunts former CIA agent Martin Baxter?…ancient enemies, unfinished business or a feeling of worthlessness? Ten years have passed since he resigned the CIA after making a fatal misjudgement in a covert op in Kiev in which he tried to get hold of secret files containing proof of operations conducted by the Russian Secret Service…
Is he willing to die to reveal the truth or let millions of people die…?

An incredible white-knuckle thriller of a movie starring the undisputed Scott Adkins of “Undisputed- BOYKA”; The Expendables; Dr. Strange to name a few incredible movies, Scott is one of the top martial arts film stars in the world…

I guess at some point they changed him from being ex-MI6 to ex-CIA because the facebook page for the movie says CIA and IMDB says MI6.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Does Scott Adkins sleep? Like when he tells everyone on set "hey great work today everyone, see you tomorrow!" he secretly goes to another movie shoot on the other side of town.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

MrBling posted:

I'm watching Avengement now and about 40 minutes in I've already lost count of the number of fights.

They're all brutal street fights too, no fancy choreography or anything. Just fists. Lots and lots of fists.

Thirding or whatever that Avengement is dope. It's a trashy, hella cockney remake of 'Hara-Kiri' but both better and not quite as good as that sounds.

That last fight might be some of the best work Adkins has done.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
There are still people, even Scott Adkins fans, not hip to Avengement. Get on it, people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-JeB4IHKw

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Outlawvern really liked it.

http://outlawvern.com/2019/05/20/avengement/

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Big ole sloppy Indiana Jones haymakers all day. Pretty cool.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/rambomovie/status/1134097227440304130

I guess we're doing this now.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Looks boring

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"Last Blood?" Really? That's not a thing.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Halloween Jack posted:

"Last Blood?" Really? That's not a thing.

Wanna bet?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
It’s from the director who did Get The Gringo, which I heard good things about, but that and this seem very reactionary.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So we're totally getting Last Blood Part II, right? Let's go Final Fantasy with this and have all future Rambo movies each be the Last.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It’s from the director who did Get The Gringo, which I heard good things about, but that and this seem very reactionary.
Now that I've seen the trailer, this looks like a Dad Movie in the worst way.

Like I know there's a plot justification for it, but he went from manning a boat in Thailand to looking like the protagonist in one of those schmaltzy CMT movies.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
"Sicario 3 - Even less subtle than the last one"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Can't wait until a certain leader of the Free World conflates real life with the newest Rambo movie.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'd love to see Angela Merkel kill someone with an arrow.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Now that I've seen the trailer, this looks like a Dad Movie in the worst way.

Like I know there's a plot justification for it, but he went from manning a boat in Thailand to looking like the protagonist in one of those schmaltzy CMT movies.

Yeah, this looks and sounds just like one of those WWE Studio movies where ARE BOYS finally get to take charge and solve the crime/drugs/terrism problem the right way :clint:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I have an odd and very specific question.

A movie came out last year called 'Re:Born' and it honestly defies classification. The bits that aren't fight scenes play out like Metal Gear Solid fan films made by an airsoft team. But the fights are absolutely loving dope, like top tier knife fights. And a lot of them. The entire last 40 minutes or so is just one long fight scene (not that there wasn't a whole bunch of fighting before that)

I don't know how many folk here saw it, but it's worth watching just to marvel at how bad the plot is and how very good the fights are. What I was wondering is, for those who have seen it, does anyone know where to find the 'tactical pants' the main character wears? They look really comfortable.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Yeah Re:Born is fucken dope. Absolute silly as poo poo action film. I know lots of people found the plot and talky bits boring but the melodrama of it all kept me pretty entertained. There's a dude named Abyss Walker. That's right alongside Die-Hardman.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Re:Born is so stupid and I love it. Bet it'll be better than the actual MGS film too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Toy Soldiers is on Crackle currently. I watched this a million times in junior high and it still owns.