Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The last one is 100% Demolition Man - Sly's cryogenic frozen body

The second one is the towel wrapped around Arnold's head from Total Recall

Is the third one the outfit of the "they're all CONNECTED!" guy from Total Recall? The Mars sergeant type that greets Richter when first arrives on the red planet?

I believe the fifth one is Arnie's vest from Commando

I have no idea on #1 and #4, although #1 looks incredibly familiar to me - I can't place it.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Is one Bullock's costume from Demolition man? I'm struggling to think of non Rambo movies with a bow and arrow. The Punisher maybe?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

midge posted:

There's an auction coming up in Hollywood....I've never been so frustrated by my lack of obscene wealth. But let's play a game. What movies are these props from?

4. [NOT RAMBO]

And simply because I can't believe it exists:

Do you have a link to the full auction? That selection is so baffling, I'd love to see the full listing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
#1 is 100% a Demolition Man outfit

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

3 is Colonel O'Neil's combat uniform from Stargate, although I probably wouldn't have recognized it if I hadn't rewatched the movie recently. Guessing 2 is Indiana Jones' desert wear from either Raiders or Last Crusade?

5 has gotta be Arnold's vest from Commando and 6 is obviously Stallone in the cryonic prison from Demolition Man, amazing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FancyMike posted:

Hi I just want to let everyone know that Replicant is both awesome and available to watch for free on tubi

Are you talking about this mess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJMJgQDKE6o

I've rarely seen something so incoherent outside of micro-budget.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is the fourth one the bow from that movie where Wilford Brimley rides a horse while a cabin explodes behind him?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ruddiger posted:

Is the fourth one the bow from that movie where Wilford Brimley rides a horse while a cabin explodes behind him?

John Woo’s Hard Target!

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

John Woo’s Hard Target!

I'm starting to think I might like Hard Target more than Face/Off

Lurdiak posted:

Are you talking about this mess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJMJgQDKE6o

I've rarely seen something so incoherent outside of micro-budget.

Yes. It's definitely incoherent and often in pretty bad taste but by the end I was having a very good time. JCVD in two of his worst performances ever somehow adds up to something special and fun. He's both serial killer Tommy Wiseau and an actual puppy (seriously he even dry humps a prostitutes leg, to completion, and then is confused by the wet spot on his sweat pants wtf). Michael Rooker is apparently doing his performance from Henry again, just angrier and he's a cop instead of the serial killer this time. The action is a little sparse, but what's there is great, especially at the end. A good JCVD vs JCVD fight and that ambulance sequence is easily the highlight of the whole film. (Unsurprisingly. Ringo Lam can shoot the poo poo out of a car chase. Even this one that's not really a chase and is entirely confined to a parking garage). Between all this, and the specific sort of violence from the villain, it feels the most Hong Kong of Ringo Lam's US films. Though not really like any actual HK Ringo movie. It's just grimy and lovely enough and in the right ways for me to really like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msJG_kM9Gzw

Somewhat related, I also watched Burning Paradise, the Tsui Hark/Ringo Lam movie the other week, and at a few places it basically turns into a Mortal Kombat movie. And I love Paul Anderson, but they should have gotten Tsui Hark to make Mortal Kombat that would have been perfect.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

FancyMike posted:

Yes. It's definitely incoherent and often in pretty bad taste but by the end I was having a very good time. JCVD in two of his worst performances ever somehow adds up to something special and fun. He's both serial killer Tommy Wiseau and an actual puppy (seriously he even dry humps a prostitutes leg, to completion, and then is confused by the wet spot on his sweat pants wtf). Michael Rooker is apparently doing his performance from Henry again, just angrier and he's a cop instead of the serial killer this time. The action is a little sparse, but what's there is great, especially at the end. A good JCVD vs JCVD fight and that ambulance sequence is easily the highlight of the whole film. (Unsurprisingly. Ringo Lam can shoot the poo poo out of a car chase. Even this one that's not really a chase and is entirely confined to a parking garage). Between all this, and the specific sort of violence from the villain, it feels the most Hong Kong of Ringo Lam's US films. Though not really like any actual HK Ringo movie. It's just grimy and lovely enough and in the right ways for me to really like it.

Somewhat related, I also watched Burning Paradise, the Tsui Hark/Ringo Lam movie the other week, and at a few places it basically turns into a Mortal Kombat movie. And I love Paul Anderson, but they should have gotten Tsui Hark to make Mortal Kombat that would have been perfect.

This sounds awesome.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FancyMike posted:

Honestly the one time I watched Hard Target I was underwhelmed, I remember thinking it took way too long to get going. Granted it’s been a number of years since I watched it, it’s probably due for a rewatch.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Honestly the one time I watched Hard Target I was underwhelmed, I remember thinking it took way too long to get going. Granted it’s been a number of years since I watched it, it’s probably due for a rewatch.

It is a little slow to start, but then you get to the good stuff. JCVD punches a snake and uses it as a weapon and Wilford Brimly shoots arrows from a horse while running away from a giant explosion. That's, like, two of a million things that are nuts in that movie.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Great guesses on the pictures and people have got all but the bow, which is admittedly, quite generic.

1. Bullocks costume in Demolition Man
2. Arnie's headwear in Total Recall to block the tracking device
3. Kurt Russel's outfit in Stargat
4. ....Hint : JCVD movie.
5 Arnie. Commando. Probably the item I'd most want from the thing.....along with Kaminsky's suit in Raw Deal.
6. Frozen balls Stallone.

Auction is here : https://www.icollector.com/Hollywood-Famous-Movie-Props-Costumes-Auction_as60756

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Is the Stallone anatomically correct under the speedo?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
For only $10,000-15000 you can find out!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Halloween Jack posted:

For only $10,000-15000 you can find out!

Is that all he charges?

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

FancyMike posted:

You're right, that is a pretty good scene.

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

SimonCat posted:

Is the Stallone anatomically correct under the speedo?

The Planet Hollywood in Seattle used to have that prop on display right smack dab in the middle of their dining area. The answer to your question is yes.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Narzack posted:

You're right, that is a pretty good scene.

Liberal, but skillful use of pyrotechnics.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Isn't the nude Stallone from Planet Hollywood?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I think I've heard anecdotes about it told by like eight different comedians.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It was in Demolition Man and put in Planet Hollywood yeah. I’ve seen it IRL before.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1171190716510265344

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
That supposedly affective gesture that Travolta does, the hands over the face, somehow only Cage is able to make it work.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXOryOXC40

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Good lord, who in the world would want to listen to Jim Norton poo poo on Face/Off?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Good lord, who in the world would want to listen to Jim Norton poo poo on Face/Off?

Yeah, I'll listen to someone's opinion of action movies who hasn't seen Hard Target.....sure...Next he'll say "What's Sudden Death?"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Oh I forgot to chime back in, I watched Avengement the other day and it was pretty great. Some horrible loving violence in there. My only gripe with it was the initial relationship between the two brothers wasn't really explored so there wasn't much in the way of explaining how things were between them. Outside of that it was an enjoyable little film and Adkins kinda suits those silver teeth...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Gonz posted:

[video type="youtube"]XcXOryOXC40[video]

bless patrice, rip

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
On the off chance any of you are in Toronto, tickets just went up for Drunken Cinema's showing of Running Man.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/drunken-cinema-the-running-man-1987-tickets-72385945311

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

midge posted:

On the off chance any of you are in Toronto, tickets just went up for Drunken Cinema's showing of Running Man.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/drunken-cinema-the-running-man-1987-tickets-72385945311

Running Man at the Revue sounds like a good time but what's the Drunken Cinema part? I don't want to go to a fan quote-a-thon.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Lobok posted:

Running Man at the Revue sounds like a good time but what's the Drunken Cinema part? I don't want to go to a fan quote-a-thon.

It's licensed...that's about it. In fairness, I've only been to about 2 others, but that's what I remember. I have a pretty low tolerance for public overindulgence and I can't remember feeling rage. Although, the showings at The Royal are way, way better.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

midge posted:

It's licensed...that's about it. In fairness, I've only been to about 2 others, but that's what I remember. I have a pretty low tolerance for public overindulgence and I can't remember feeling rage. Although, the showings at The Royal are way, way better.

Ah ok. Just making sure, thanks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I knew it was Scott Adkins from this thread talking about it but the smaller preview image for Avengement when scrolling through stuff on Netflix makes him look like Adam Sandler.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is this the kind of movie that would make an intentional homage to a Doom comic in its poster/promotions?

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Lobok posted:

I knew it was Scott Adkins from this thread talking about it but the smaller preview image for Avengement when scrolling through stuff on Netflix makes him look like Adam Sandler.

Haha, it really does

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm not sure if it was this thread or just Scott Adkins conversation the last few pages in general but I got done watching "Triple Threat" with Adkins, Michael Bisping, Michael Jai White as villains, and Tiger Chen, Tony Jaa, and Iko Uwais as the protagonists. That was a drat good movie and let Adkins a little more of a scenery chewing villain. Also that one loving kill with the grenade launcher holy poo poo. Great martial arts choreography from all six. Tony Jaa having the most charismatic performance, and poor Tiger Chen having a literal bowl cut haircut. Great late night movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have this image of Adam Sandler as the Rip and Tear Doom Guy in my head and I think I want to experience it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gatts posted:

I have this image of Adam Sandler as the Rip and Tear Doom Guy in my head and I think I want to experience it

This would make me watch an Adam Sandler movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Gatts posted:

LMAO I can absolutely see him doing the "skibby-dee-doo" Adam Sandler baby poo poo and then putting on the helmet and going Waterboy 2.0