Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So it's Crank with Ethan Hawke and less debauchery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I remain surprised to this day that people didn't think this movie kicked rear end.

My only complaint about it is how ugly it's shot at times. Everything else owns.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The ridiculous plot and gimmick are, honestly speaking, the kind of thing more movies need.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Depends on his desire to fuel his coke habit

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Warcraft suggests...not?

Duncan Jones has a movie coming out this month. Don't think warcraft hurt his stock too much. It's called Mute.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fart City posted:

Yeah, Warcraft legit doesn’t even scan as a Duncan Jones movie for me. But then again, Moon bought him a hell of a lot of goodwill in my opinion. Hyped about Mute.

Warcraft definitely comes off as Duncan Jones proving he can be a company man if it helps get his other stuff made.

Never watched the movie myself, but it sure looked bad.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

yeah the first Skyline is meh at best but Beyond rules

I thought they were both pretty meh, but Beyond did have fight scenes so that was a plus.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is this the right thread to say I'm enjoying Rampage? It's very silly

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

It's very silly. I generally enjoyed it, but it feels like there were a few crossed wires or missed opportunities.

The gag with Joe Manganiello getting wiped out so easily only really works if your lead isn't also a gigantic, muscular action hero badass.

See that's what made his bit funny for me. I just kept comparing him and his troops to the rock.

My biggest issue with it was largely around the lazy composition to make room for the cgi beasts in some scenes. However, it was ridiculously more violent than I expected. I wonder if it was originally written for an r rating then was toned down to pg13.

After rampage I watched 2019: after the fall of New York which was also a good time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Demtor posted:

Does anyone know if Lockout (2012) is any good? It's got a terrible movie poster but Luc Besson's name is on it and it has Guy Pierce in it along with Joseph Gilgun and few other choice names.

Isnt this the onethat got sued for ripping off escape from new york?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I thoroughly enjoyed Avengement

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Continental's Continental Breakfast is tainted with lead

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Action USA is a blast so far

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Watched Martial Law now watching Martial Law 2

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

It's pretty baller.

Roseanne Liang also directed Shadow in the Cloud, starring Chloe Grace Moretz. It's pretty exciting though a little uneven and the script is pretty basic imo, but people should watch it to support Liang as I want her to make more movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's very cool. I wonder what the film's title is, doubt it'll come to my city but I would definitely look up ways to see it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Read a few more tweets in the replies and someone mentions the film is called Baby Assassins. Not out yet and might be going to Cannes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Don't know what this is, don't want to know, want to see it on title alone.

Lol check out the trailer at the top of the page

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just finished Champagne and Bullets aka GetEven, by John de Hart. What a stupid and amateurish movie.

I enjoyed it very much

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dokmo posted:

Where did you find it? I've been looking for a while.

I purchased it from vinegar syndrome

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Speaking of VS, I just saw Surf II and it was far-out, daddy-o.

I liked it for the most part. A couple bad jokes toward the end soured me a bit on it though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Raiders of Atlantis is a fun time. Cheesy and lots of shooting

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boco_T posted:

Watch the Scorpion cartoon for recent good MK content. I think there's a second cartoon that I haven't watched yet.

This also has Joel McHale as Johnny Cage which is perfect casting.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

Invasion USA does have Richard Lynch Dark Knighting a metal coke straw into a woman’s nose and then shooting her boyfriend’s dick off.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol incredible

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
RRR was loving amazing. Beat action blockbuster in years. I love how it takes the Mel Gibson historical fantasy and updates it with modern action sensibilities like the Zack Snyder style action scenes. The music is wonderful.

While the water/fire imagery could easily be cliche it pulls it off perfectly.

Just great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm watching Games of Survival, about prisoners from another world being put into a game of survival against each other for freedom, the alien overlords send them to Earth. The last part I didn't know and it was very lol when they dudes dressed like leather daddies are dropped into 1980s Earth.

The movie ain't very good tbh, but that ain't stopping me from enjoying it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Some studio exec took Scruffy_1989's phone call

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If anyone needs an excuse to watch an action flick, KGF is this months motm

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

drat that's pretty cool

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hes probably busy with 5 other movies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cyber Vengeance is a flick some of yall might enjoy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I watched them out of order but I think that's ok (watched 5,4,1,2,3) - 1, 4 &5 are all on Netflix. 5 is the 'prequel' and you might as well start with it.
I jumped into 4 right after 5 since it was filmed simultaneously and I just rolled with whoever showed up and figured if they weren't actively fighting him they were friends or at least frenemies. Worked pretty well.

I always overlooked it because 'live action manga/anime adaptation' is usually completely awful but hey, what the hell. Frankly, you'll know if you're liking it within 5 minutes of the prequel because that's the type of action you're going to keep getting.

To be clear the names are:
1: Origins
2: Kyoto Inferno
3: Legend Falls
4: The Final
5: The beginning . this is the prequel.

Holy poo poo these are all over 2 hours! I'm interested but drat that's a lot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Yeah not a huge fan of super-long runtimes either. Some movies can justify it but it's pretty difficult to pull off.

Maybe Nic Cage will save us in Sympathy for the Devil

You looking to go back???

Lol I love that image, don't need a trailer I'll watch that

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Bro what the gently caress?! :lol:

If they have him do a Guyver kick whilst wearing a fat suit then 👌👌👌

https://twitter.com/BrndnStrssng/status/1625884847712378884?t=C_GiV7IcqkfgtWzam2hkQw&s=19

This is amazing

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
But think of the value to the consumer. A ticket is like $12, so more run time means you're getting more film for your dollar. It's really a win-win for customers and filmmakers.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Avengement kicks so much rear end lol such a ridiculous movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VROOM VROOM posted:

quit gettin' mad about movies

e: wait the fake one-er in Extraction 2 is TWENTY-ONE MINUTES long??

Yeah chill up a bit yall.

Personally I'm fine with fake guns but I want squibs and fake blood, they're rad as hell.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lighting has suffered so much from modern filmmaking, sucks so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

I'm definitely Team Real Gunfire but its also not at the top of my concerns list. I'd much rather trade them in for Real Explosions as opposed to CGI fireballs which never quite look right. Extraction has some drat fine greenscreen work but some of the explosions are a little limp.

I get the need for fake fire but yeah it looks off so often.

I can roll with most low budget cgi tho so I don't let any of it stop my enjoyment of the trash I watch lol