Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

jase1 posted:

I am about to start a Jet li binge. What are some of his movies I should do watch?

For films in a modern setting, check out Kiss of the Dragon and Danny the Dog/Unleashed. Avoid any of his English speaking films made in America. Also, Endless Ocean if you are interested in a drama with zero martial arts.

Edit: or is it called Ocean Heaven? It's something with Ocean in the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Narzack posted:

I really liked The Enforcer, i think it's also called My Father, the Hero. The Black Mask was the first movie I saw him in, it was a lot of fun, though pretty goofy.

I remember enjoying My Father, the Hero. It has a ridiculous scene where Li is under a truck and keeps himself from getting run over by rolling really fast to outrun the tires.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

jase1 posted:

Was Romeo must die where they did the X-ray of a dudes bones being broke in the final fight? It reminded me of those sniper games.

I remember that was definitely in the first fight scene when he is hanging upside down from the ceiling. Also this movie has the worst CGI football ever.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

brocked posted:

No love for Bodyguard From Beijing?

I love that one! I just couldn't remember the name. Isn't the bad guy the same actor from My Father, the Hero? That guy is awesome and I think he was also Seraph on the Matrix sequels.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

Which one has Maggie Cheung smashing a cake into his face while he's holding a phone so that there is a frosting outline of a phone on his face afterwards? That's the better one.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

brocked posted:

The brawl in the restaurant? Yes. I also love the close quarter scuffle underneath the train

I think you're talking about Drunken Master 2. Anybody remember how the American release cut out the part at the end where Jackie is now blind from drinking the grain alcohol in the final fight and it's played for laughs?

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

Jackie Chan is what comes out when Sammo and Yuen do a fusion dance.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

Nobody was enjoyable. I don't think I could watch it again, though, because it's basically Boomer Dad Power Fantasy: The Movie.

Also, does anyone else remember the very first John Wick trailer where they called him The Nobody instead of Baba Yaga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Better or worse than Taken?

In Nobody, Odenkirk's character is looking for an excuse to beat the poo poo out of random hoodlums. It's way more of a Boomer power fantasy than the first Taken (I haven't seen the others).