Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Franchescanado posted:

I watched Best of the Best this weekend. While it's not a great movie, I enjoyed it a lot. Something about the chemistry of the cast, the fight choreography, James Earl Jones as the coach, and the actual fight tournament really balances out the nonsensical choices for characters (Travis is a martial artist from Miami who wears a cowboy hat and talks like he's from Texas? He's excellent at martial arts but is racist against Asian people?), and the pandering for the PG-13 rating, and how none of the plots ever actually add up to anything?

I also love how the badguys are this sinister cabal of Korean martial arts experts, and the end reveals them to be sweethearts who are dedicated to their craft and they actually hold zero animosity towards their rival competitors.

Kinda surprised this movie isn't as easily available as other movies of it's ilk. It has a couple of sequels that sound insane.

I watched this a couple weeks ago, and the scene where Eric Roberts returns home to see his son in the hospital after being told he broke his leg only to be told by the doctor "oh actually he's also in a coma" might have been the funniest thing I've seen so far this year. Spoilers for melodramatic hilarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

jase1 posted:

I have a question about hard target. There is scene towards the end where Lance Henrickson’s jacket catches on fire. That’s really him in that scene right? I swear a few seconds later he is screaming at Billy Zane to get the son of a bitch and you can see the back of his head completely covered in Fire retardant gel.

Or is that wishful thinking on my part. If that really happened then Lance is a loving badass for that.

duz posted:

According to imdb he wasn't supposed to catch on fire but he did and just went with it which if true means yeah it was him and later scenes where he was supposed to be on fire would be the proper stunt or maybe he told them to slather him up in case of another mistake.

That's really Lance Henriksen, but the story about it being an accident is just one of those movie myths that gets passed around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAAXaldjaeE&t=71s