Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Face/Off is amazing because it's another Nicolas Cage movie where he's allowed to be loving insane. Those are the best movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Basebf555 posted:

Cage talks about Face/Off at about 9 minutes in this video and it's pretty great how fully aware he was that he was gonna get to do all his crazy poo poo but in a big blockbuster movie that was gonna make a ton of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WDLsLnOSM&t=695s

This is incredible

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Neo Rasa posted:

I feel the opposite, I feel like Genisys, while not good, did try some poo poo, it just didn't go far enough with what it tried. Plus I gotta say it's the only Terminator movie with generally not great special effects for the time it was released, like drat that entire part with the bus. :laffo: (still the part where SkyJohnNetConnor is walking away from the MRI and leaving like nanomachine shadows behind him each step was genuinely striking and a cool new thing to see). I still liked it more than Salvation though which was just horribly made on every level except for the effects. Genisys fell into "it's just fine" territory for me, I only watched it once.

Every time I see something about Genisys, I remember those awful promo pictures they released.

lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I don't know.

I think I remember reading how someone wanted promo pictures before they had really done anything on the movie, so they gave the cast guns and had them walking around on pavement.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Neo Rasa posted:

Entertainment Weekly and Empire both, like, they have a gift. Look up their Days of Future Past stuff or cover for Fury Road, like they have people going out of their way to make the movies and characters seem as absolutely stupid and not like something you'd want to watch as possible. It's genuinely impressive and these Genisys photos are still the cream of the crop of this crap.

Oh poo poo, I never saw the Days of Future Past ones, lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Narzack posted:

Genisys was the movie that clued me into the fact that Emilia Clarke is just a really bad actor .

:same:

She's not good, although her eyebrow game is on point

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hopefully it's about Cobra's pizza-eating habits

Everything about that is just hilarious

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Narzack posted:

She seems really sweet and lovely, I'll admit. And the idea Gensisysisisys had about remixing known constants isn't bad, just bungled execution. And who thought it was a good idea to spoil evil John Connor in the trailers? That could have been a cool T2-esque reveal.

The people who make trailers can be dumb as hell.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Almost Blue posted:

That one's even better with her eyebrows stabilized:

Ah, THAT'S what that gif was doing. I was confused, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Can't wait until a certain leader of the Free World conflates real life with the newest Rambo movie.