Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm a huge fan of the Shadow Hearts series but somehow never actually got around to playing Koudelka, so this'll be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

discworld is all I read posted:

Ya know, that actually makes me wonder if the Japanese version of the game kept the English voice actors. I'll probably see if I can dig up an iso of it to check, but that might also explain why it got a North American release before the Japanese release. Cause usually Japanese games don't do that even to nowadays. Or maybe there was some other deeper story there.

I did a quick search on Youtube and that does appear to be the case - English voice track, Japanese subtitles. Weird.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I feel naming your cat Alice is inauspicious.

Also: The Daniel featured is probably meant to be the one the Book of Daniel is named after; he was mostly known for being captured by King Nebuchadnezzar, winning said king's favor with his interpretation of dreams and omens, and getting tossed into a lion's den when people jealous of his influence informed the king that he'd been worshiping the Israelite God instead of the king himself.

It's from his story that we get the idioms 'the writing on the wall' (one of the omens that Daniel interpreted), and, of course, 'into the lion's den'.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Flat Banana posted:

One thing that struck me was that Koudelka's design looked off... and then it struck me that miniskirts were invented around the 1950s-60s when the game is set in 1898! Or is there something I'm missing about why she's wearing what she's wearing?

take your pick of 'easier to move around in', 'easier to render', ':japan:', or 'this place is crawling with horror movie monsters and the miniskirt is what you're worried about?'.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Hooray, it's everyone's favorite terrible old man. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Thank you for LPing this! It's been a ride.

• Locked thread