Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

i care about my fellow trans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

extra row of teeth posted:

If you don't want to deal with rude white Manhattanites, just move to the Bronx. You still have to deal with the occasional gang but white people are still hilariously scared of the Bronx lol

the thing about the bronx is that everyone moves at a rate of .5 mph and nobody gets out of the way of anyone

literally the only thing i dislike about living in the bronx is the ubiquity of slow walkers

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

When white women are in my path, they almost always continue straight, forcing me to one side without changing their course. This happens several times a day; and a couple of times a week, white women force me off the sidewalk completely. In these instances, when I’m standing in the street or in the dirt as a white woman strides past, broad-shouldered and blissful, I turn furious.

All I want to say is lol at this just square up, put that 1000 yard stare on, and keep walking. They're not sumo wrestlers.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I clobber past all the rude presumptions whenever I ride my bike on the sidewalk

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Blue Star posted:

shut up crazy

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This just seems like a really terrible attempt at ripping off Avshalom's gimmick

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Blue Star posted:

LOL at you actually getting offended at this thread XD

i just imagine you reading this thread and getting angrier and angrerer lmao

Cis white women so fragile smdh

You have a lot of trouble with the concept of jokes for someone who is one.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Deer posted:

You have a lot of trouble with the concept of jokes for someone who is one.

Sorry but the thread has moved on to my sordid past of shitposts, try to keep up.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star posted:

I get the impression that you don't really care about anything let alone other people

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i thought the rule was the smaller person gets out of the way? lmao if you think im going to move for some woman

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Do it ironically posted:

i thought the rule was the smaller person gets out of the way? lmao if you think im going to move for some woman

Do it ironically

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Do it ironically posted:

Whoever was hit more as a kid will instinctively move aside

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

This just seems like a really terrible attempt at ripping off Avshalom's gimmick

gbs idiots confused by fakeposting

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's why you put the 1000 yard stare on. Most people will try to make some brief eye contact and from that usually figure out who will flinch first... but if you just stare dead ahead and look like you're going to walk that straight line come hell or highwater? They'll move.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gbs idiots confused by fakeposting

Blue Star posts this poo poo all the time and never posts anything differently. It could easily be a gimmick account but there's no change in what they post and it's all dumb gross poo poo so

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Blue Star posts this poo poo all the time and never posts anything differently. It could easily be a gimmick account but there's no change in what they post and it's all dumb gross poo poo so

Don't sign your posts

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm sorry, you have me confused with some other shitbag GBS poster. Now gently caress off.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'm happy that women can now walk proudly and confidently through New York's streets, neither fearing assault nor trafficking in hateful stereotypes of predatory black men.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

I'm sorry, you have me confused with some other shitbag GBS poster. Now gently caress off.

I think they were talking about blue star...

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

COMRADES posted:

That's why you put the 1000 yard stare on. Most people will try to make some brief eye contact and from that usually figure out who will flinch first... but if you just stare dead ahead and look like you're going to walk that straight line come hell or highwater? They'll move.

Most people are like the ghosts from Mario world. If you look right at them they just stay there but as soon as you look away they start angling in on you, their fanged mouths opening as if to swallow a field mouse whole, but then when you look at them they go back to precocious adult babies. :baby:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Just dont go where other people are.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mandator posted:

white women hold doors open for people at a lower rate than any other race/gender combo

I wonder why anyone would bother to do a study on this but now I am curious and want tor read it. Sadly google is failing me as everyone is a lazy writer and open doors is simply hitting up articles talking about opportunity.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 23, 2017

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

this thread is a circular firing squad

white women TL note: a circular firing squad is like when you stand in a circle and compliment battle each other

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Viva Miriya posted:

I was talking about the post you quoted, not your post.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Khorne posted:

Wait until this guy goes to chinatown. Going to have people bodychecking him and falling flat on their asses 24/7. Especially near any blind corner.
but if he makes that kind of sweeping generalization of chinese people in a column, it won't go over as well. he made an insane leap in logic towards white women because that's "punching up," and he's not the only one who writes like that

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Terrel's a racist POS.

Also

quote:

“I said, ‘It’s illegal for you to have your music on anyway, so could you please turn it off?”

His response: “gently caress off.”

:lol:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

get that OUT of my face posted:

but if he makes that kind of sweeping generalization of chinese people in a column, it won't go over as well. he made an insane leap in logic towards white women because that's "punching up," and he's not the only one who writes like that

Going after white gay men is considered "punching up" now.

That turnaround was really fast, I tell you what.

This whole notion of what is "punching up" makes no sense to me, when I consider that it seems to shift with the drat tides. Who can keep track of this crap?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 23, 2017

wit
Jul 26, 2011

the trump tutelage posted:

I'm happy that women can now walk proudly and confidently through New York's streets, neither fearing assault nor trafficking in hateful stereotypes of predatory black men.

Yeah I'm glad all the predatory black men calmed down. They were crazy about assaulting white women for a while. All the rage it was.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think they were talking about blue star...

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was talking about the post you quoted, not your post.

whoops i was mean to the wrong guy, sorry goon

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

get that OUT of my face posted:

I think you'll find if you talk to asian americans they generally tend to notice that social justice activists give like the most minimal of shits about them so actually you probably could get away with writing articles about them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tallgeese posted:

Going after white gay men is considered "punching up" now.

That turnaround was really fast, I tell you what.

This whole notion of what is "punching up" makes no sense to me, when I consider that it seems to shift with the drat tides. Who can keep track of this crap?

We're in a weird place right now where I don't mind everyone knowing I'm gay but I still don't really feel safe holding hands with a dude in public

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
maybe the OP in the OP should just bodycheck the bitch and tell her sternly to watch where she's going, like new yorkers generally do? never step off the sidewalk unless its like for someone in a wheelchair

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Supreme Allah posted:

Just dont go where other people are.

But see eventually you're gonna have to use some rundown campsite bathroom and hoverjob a turd down a poop hole and then when you go back outside someone's gonna not be able to walk around you and you'll have to dip your shoulder to avoid genital to genital contact in like some insanely wide open field with nobody in it.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
also, don't live in new york

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

You are aware that going after white gay men is considered "punching up" now, yes?
oh i'm very aware, especially if they're wealthy. the entire concept of "punching up" used to solely apply to what makes good satire, but then it crept into what makes good comedy, and now it's applied to what makes an acceptable target for sweeping generalizations

i wonder how much this kind of talk in society has contributed to people flocking to hard-right movements on the internet

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I think you'll find if you talk to asian americans they generally tend to notice that social justice activists give like the most minimal of shits about them so actually you probably could get away with writing articles about them.

And even then only if they're not Chinese or Japanese, who are apparently race traitors from what I can gather from the hateful rantings I've read D&D and its uh, racialized subforum.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Still LOL at Pick and Tiny Deer getting butthurt over this poo poo. Its almost like identity politics and "wokeness" and "privilege" and "punching up" is a bunch of zero-sum garbage that has accomplished nothing, isn't it? Now we got Trump as president.

edited to add: If it makes anyone feel any better, white trans people are next on the list. Apparently white trans people arent oppressed enough so gently caress them. Cis men of color, too, believe it or not.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

This is an amazing magazine but a little confusing because it seems like nearly every other page talks about "apprentices" but I only wanted to read the interview with THE Apprentice winner Joseph Valente, plus it has a picture of him with the UK Apprentice of the Year 2016, but Joseph is the winner of The Apprentice from the year 2016.This is all Very Important to people in the UK.

The only time I've ever had someone get lovely over walking around people was outside university in London where I was walking on the right, by the road, some old lady was slightly to my left and I figured that genteelmen are supposed to walk by the road to protect fair ladies but rather than taking a tiny step to her right so that we could get past each other, this crazy old bat tried to squeeze between me and the road and when I didn't leap to the left to get out of her way she boldly declared "IN ENGLAND WE WALK ON THE LEFT". I guess she thought I was a dirty forrin? So I guess it really is the most self-entitled people with sticks up their asses who refuse to budge (I know, don't sign your posts).

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I pay a fat white woman to walk in front of me and clear the way, it's well worth the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

like a cigarette should posted:

I pay a fat white woman to walk in front of me and clear the way, it's well worth the money

It's gonna take the nfl by storm.

• Locked thread