Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://youtu.be/rOSpsN5yEnc

Fantastic video about the symbology of Moby Dick's white whale in Moss/BvS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective No. 27 posted:

The hanger resembling a whale seems obvious in hindsight but hell if I caught that.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd recommend watching his other stuff too, real insightful imo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

His stuff is good. He updates infrequently, but there's solid work there.

Violator
May 15, 2003

So The Batman is coming out June 2021, Affleck is officially out, and James Gunn is in talks to direct his script for The Suicide Squad for an Aug 2021 release.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw some chatter that they're trying to lock Gadot in for a second trilogy of WW films. ANd now Cavill is back in negotiations.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I liked Cavill as Superman so I hope he comes back.

Shame about Affleck, I liked his portrayal.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Azubah posted:

I liked Cavill as Superman so I hope he comes back.

Shame about Affleck, I liked his portrayal.

I dunno. I liked Ben Affleck as Snyder's version of a toxic, self-destructive Batman, but who knows if he's a good fit for the new version of the character they'll be using. Similarly, how much I liked Henry Cavill as Superman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, etc. changed from scene to scene in Justice League. Maybe Henry Cavill can do an interesting version of Ultra Daddy Superman, but I'm not sure what we've seen so far from him tells us he can.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I agree with Sir Kodiak. Affleck worked really well with the version of Batman that Snyder was going for (just like Keaton worked for Burton's Batman) so if Matt Reeves is doing a totally different take I'm fine with the change.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Thinking about it, up until Affleck, every life action Batman actor only ever worked with one director as Batman. Even Affleck is negligible since Suicide Squad was a cameo and it's not like Affleck knew he'd be working with Joss when he signed on for Justice League.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

George Miller should direct the next Superman movies. Do it WB, you know you want to.

[edit] I just remembered WB screwed Miller's production company over a bonus payout for Fury Road, so maybe he'll just tell them to gently caress off. Fuckin' WB man.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 7, 2019

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

teagone posted:

George Miller should direct the next Superman movies. Do it WB, you know you want to.

[edit] I just remembered WB screwed Miller's production company over a bonus payout for Fury Road, so maybe he'll just tell them to gently caress off. Fuckin' WB man.

Well gently caress, now I want George Miller directing a JL movie that takes place entirely in the Knightmare timeline.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm beginning to think that Justice League is a social experiment to by the studios to see how long they can keep up hype about a movie after release. Snyder releases a new detail about his vision of the movie on a weekly basis it seems.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm beginning to think that Justice League is a social experiment to by the studios to see how long they can keep up hype about a movie after release. Snyder releases a new detail about his vision of the movie on a weekly basis it seems.

Is that really on the studio? If anything, Synder's releases seem to say "Look at the things these chucklefucks wouldn't let me do!" but, you know, in a nice way.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

In a sense Justice League has never properly been released at all, so no wonder people are still hyped.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder posted this a few days ago. The Flash’s logo is different and the caption is “Flash running the clock back to give Bruce the info that will save the world”.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't Barry run the clock back so we live in a world were Snyder's JL was released?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it possible to run the clock back far enough that they just put Wally West and John Stewart in the movie instead of that flash and cyborg

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Mr. Apollo posted:

Snyder posted this a few days ago. The Flash’s logo is different and the caption is “Flash running the clock back to give Bruce the info that will save the world”.

someone tint this purple and add a boob joke tia

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm wondering how many of the people who recently jumped on the "billionaires are bad and shouldn't exist" bandwagon also think Snyder is wrong about Batman

https://io9.gizmodo.com/zack-snyder-wants-you-to-wake-the-gently caress-up-and-accept-th-1833545625

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Batman is bad and shouldn't exist

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Roman posted:

I'm wondering how many of the people who recently jumped on the "billionaires are bad and shouldn't exist" bandwagon also think Snyder is wrong about Batman

https://io9.gizmodo.com/zack-snyder-wants-you-to-wake-the-gently caress-up-and-accept-th-1833545625

Billionaires are bad and shouldn't exist. Both Bruce Wayne and Batman are bad and shouldn't exist(in his fictional world)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

*puts on body armor and beats up poor people* i am a hero, for children

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

This unlimited energy machine is too dangerous for plebs to use. It must remain here, useless, under a river.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
*severely fractures a man's spine* i am also not a killer

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Imagine Donald Trump putting on a costume and calling himself Hamberder-man then beating up minorities. That's Batman

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If all billionaires became vigilantes I'd be totes okay with billionaires existing.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

UmOk posted:

Imagine Donald Trump putting on a costume and calling himself Hamberder-man then beating up minorities. That's Batman

One of the only good things about Nolan's man-child Bruce is that he figured out beating up poor people was bad before he even started being Batman, and tried, at least to work on the systemic end (while failing over and over).

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 250 days!

UmOk posted:

Billionaires are bad and shouldn't exist. Both Bruce Wayne and Batman are bad and shouldn't exist(in his fictional world)

I'm pretty sure Batman thinks Batman shouldn't exist.

But his parents are dead, DEAD, so he's stuck living in the world where he becomes a bat.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm pretty sure Batman thinks Batman shouldn't exist.

But his parents are dead, DEAD, so he's stuck living in the world where he becomes a bat.

Hurting people is the only way he can get hard

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hnnnjrgh! JUSTICE! I scream as i ejaculate into my rubber combat briefs whilst kicking this homeless schizophrenic man who stole some waynetech branded toothbrush from a store shelf.

Somewhere a wolf howls,i know how he feels.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

UmOk posted:

Hurting people is the only way he can get hard

Nah thats niteowls gimmick

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

hahaha Snyder owns. I'm fairly sure this storyboard he posted is a wind-up, but it's still funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Necrothatcher posted:

hahaha Snyder owns. I'm fairly sure this storyboard he posted is a wind-up, but it's still funny

A lot of people theorized about it when MoS came out because apparently that's how it happened in the comics.

We're discussing it in the Synder thread.