Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

a digital clock built all discrete shouldn't be that dense, is it not multiplexed or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

qirex posted:

a lot of speakers that get reviewed as "lively," "detailed" or "expressive" are way too treble-forward because accurate speakers don't sound great when your ears are bad

this effect is the only reason anyone buys klipsch [the small ones, their big fuckoff '70s ones are cool]

yeah my living room speakers are some kg4 i got at a yard sale they are great

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Sniep posted:

i see a fuckload of resistors, diodes and transistors

you're blind if youre trying to say that there's no logic on that board

error checking using ttl with rtl and dtl as the operands maybe? now that would increase the component count

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

eschaton posted:

Marco should get some of these for streaming his lossless Phish soundboard recordings to his fancy headphones

because nothing deserves the highest possible fidelity note than jam band soundboard recordings

being able to hear that channel 15 in the snake has 1.7dB more hum than the others and the generator just dropped under 60Hz for the fourth time since the minidisc master of ramblin' ramblin jam-time 1996 started

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

tubes use a comparatively large amount of power but not that much

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

spankmeister posted:

Mostly the heaters.

isn't it more the grid/plate voltages rather than the 2watt heater?

not that it matters because lol netburst tdp is 20x that heater power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

spankmeister posted:

Nah mate high voltage low current.

agreed, i meant more in the way of a 6922 is not a set of huge beam triodes requiring 500w just to emit electrons

tubes are fun because if your blocking/filter caps die, the effects are spectacular and expensive

• Locked thread