Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
the only hope for this stupid movie is to keep superman dead and let that guy playing aquaman carry the whole movie. even then it'll get poo poo on by that solo thor movie. that trailer was dope as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
These DC movies have all been bad. Suicide squad was bad, Batman vs Superman was bad, Wonder woman was bad. If course Justice league is gonna be bad.

DC send to think that people love the marvel movies because they're are a continuing superhero plot line instead of the fact that they are well written and we'll made.

It's like if marvel made piss Christ, DC saw the positive reviews and just started making GBS threads in public everywhere.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Comic book movies give me so much anxiety.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm more concerned about another SAW movie.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It looks ugly as sin, but the entire point of the movie seems to be to reboot the DC Cinematic Universe into Not-Zach-Snyder-Town because that was an investment that tanked incredibly hard.

The plot looks to be setting up a Crisis event, with boom tubes and what I assume to be the New Gods showing up to warn of Darkseid, who is probably going to destroy the lovely Snyderverse and set up a new universe, which will be free to be less...uh...bad.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It looks ugly as sin, but the entire point of the movie seems to be to reboot the DC Cinematic Universe into Not-Zach-Snyder-Town because that was an investment that tanked incredibly hard.

The plot looks to be setting up a Crisis event, with boom tubes and what I assume to be the New Gods showing up to warn of Darkseid, who is probably going to destroy the lovely Snyderverse and set up a new universe, which will be free to be less...uh...bad.

Reboots, crossovers, setup for events that will never come to completion cause tell hey pushed to the side did to more reboots and plots, lol it's like they took everything bad about comic books and decided that'll be there franchise

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Reboots, crossovers, setup for events that will never come to completion cause tell hey pushed to the side did to more reboots and plots, lol it's like they took everything bad about comic books and decided that'll be there franchise

Counterpoint: dumb nerd manbabies are still buying comic books so it's a valid business strategy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Counterpoint: dumb nerd manbabies are still buying comic books so it's a valid business strategy.

Actually even those are getting sick of them now. Comic books have been on life support since the 90s.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If aquaman can control fish, then why doesn't he save the endangered species...like just tell bluefin tuna to gently caress all the time and avoid hooks?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah comic books are a dying industry and it makes sense. They'll keep rebooting and retelling the same stories over and over. Of course people got bored of them. If a band kept releasing the same song over and over people woulds stop buying their albums.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

These DC movies have all been bad. Suicide squad was bad, Batman vs Superman was bad, Wonder woman was bad. If course Justice league is gonna be bad.

DC send to think that people love the marvel movies because they're are a continuing superhero plot line instead of the fact that they are well written and we'll made.

It's like if marvel made piss Christ, DC saw the positive reviews and just started making GBS threads in public everywhere.

man, what the hell are you saying

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Harald posted:

If aquaman can control fish, then why doesn't he save the endangered species...like just tell bluefin tuna to gently caress all the time and avoid hooks?

I think they address this in the new justice league movie. All the other idiot superfriends go and punch the guy with the stupid helmet and aquaman stays behind and helps save the environment.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
and then superman comes back to life and punches someone through a building which then falls and kills 800 people

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk & Ugly posted:

man, what the hell are you saying

I'm saying marvel did something original and creative as DC is trying to cash in on that with it any originality or creativity

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm saying marvel did something original and creative as DC is trying to cash in on that with it any originality or creativity

if this were true then justice league would be full of fun and retro neon and poo poo. Spiderman and that new Thor movie look nothing like the sunless Battlefield Earth tragedy of Justice League.

Zack Snyder films are always 2 hour visual hardons with the worst characters and dialogue imaginable and in JL's case it's an Avengers film that barely did the legwork to earn a "smash action figures together" film

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Zack Snyder is a fascist

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Wonder Woman was good? Thats what everyone said. I havnt seen it.

Thor Ragnarok looks like fun, Thor 2 should have looked like that.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
wonder woman was okay

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015
I wish you could have a relatively serious conversation in CD about why most of these movies loving suck, esp as someone who still actually reads comics and poo poo, but instead they're too busy all bending over backwards to suck Snyder's dick over some hackneyed religious imagery

I'm sure Snyder's movies seem deep and profound if you've only ever watched like, loving Power Rangers or something

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I have never seen a good super hero movie and ive seen several

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
actually batman 1 was p alright

everything else was ok at best

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah sorry but I'm probably gonna pay good money to watch six basic cable caliber actors get Rube Goldberged to death for 90 minutes rather than see JL on the big screen

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

They should have used the Cyborg from Teen Titans Go, as well as the Batman from Teen Titans Go.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

XMNN posted:

sam raimi's spiderman 2 is the best good superhero movie :spidey:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Saw movies are loving awesome

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Comics are for loving dweebs.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I bought a comic it was five dollars and lasted five minutes whew won't make that mistake again

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
DC is trying so hard its actually sad

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

TOO MANY GOBLINS posted:

I wish you could have a relatively serious conversation in CD about why most of these movies loving suck, esp as someone who still actually reads comics and poo poo, but instead they're too busy all bending over backwards to suck Snyder's dick over some hackneyed religious imagery

I'm sure Snyder's movies seem deep and profound if you've only ever watched like, loving Power Rangers or something

CD is trash and belongs in the garbage, much like anime and comic book movies

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

DC send to think that people love the marvel movies because they are well written and we'll made.

I must have missed this well written marvel movie.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Is there anyone here that likes those movies? I was tempted to try and be contrarian and say they're good but was like, nah, trolling attempt would be too obvious.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Given that the worst Marvel movies are the Avengers movies and Civil War because there's too much stuff going on, Justice League is probably going to be worse. The only DC movie I liked since The Dark Knight was Wonder Woman. Man of Steel, Green Lantern, and Batman vs. Superman were all bad movies. I haven't even bothered with Suicide Squad because it looks even worse. And even The Dark Knight Rises was mediocre, as if it was released as a rough cut. There's no reason why it should have been almost three hours long.

Also, the fact that Justice League is going to be half Zack Snyder and half Joss Whedon doesn't give me any reason to see it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

XMNN posted:

Winter Soldier is good.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Blade is the best comic movie.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Kuato posted:

Is there anyone here that likes those movies? I was tempted to try and be contrarian and say they're good but was like, nah, trolling attempt would be too obvious.

Actually, I think Justice League looks really goo--- :barf:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Spoilers for the new Justice League movie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

justice league? more like just us leave the theater early because not getting trapped in parking is much better than seeing the fifth secret final cutscene that's going to be on youtube in a week anyway

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TheBizzness posted:

Blade is the best comic movie.

I'd put Dredd in contention as well

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Egbert Souse posted:

Given that the worst Marvel movies are the Avengers movies and Civil War because there's too much stuff going on, Justice League is probably going to be worse. The only DC movie I liked since The Dark Knight was Wonder Woman. Man of Steel, Green Lantern, and Batman vs. Superman were all bad movies. I haven't even bothered with Suicide Squad because it looks even worse. And even The Dark Knight Rises was mediocre, as if it was released as a rough cut. There's no reason why it should have been almost three hours long.

Also, the fact that Justice League is going to be half Zack Snyder and half Joss Whedon doesn't give me any reason to see it.

You misspelled Thor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

justice league? more like just us leave the theater early because not getting trapped in parking is much better than seeing the fifth secret final cutscene that's going to be on youtube in a week anyway

• Locked thread