Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.

FistEnergy posted:

I never even thought of going past level 40 blues. I just tried this out, and I bought out the level 20 green/blue gems I can buy today. I can polish this load into 3 purple lvl 20 gems and that's it. Now I'm out of materials. So am I stuck at a rate of 3/5 of a lvl 20 diamond per type per day, or is there another cheap source of polishing materials?

I mean, I'm just saving all the gems I accumulate now to polish. I get like 5-10 a day it seems. Plus whatever you can buy from the gem store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Ok thanks. It's going to be a slow process but at least I'm not missing out on an obvious solution.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Learned something new about the guild goblint event. Don't just do 10 and run, if you clear all the waves two bosses will spawn for more rewards.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I wish all the timed events happened every 12 hours instead of every evening. Once I get off work, I'm not online much.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So many healers these days. any reason for me not to go DPS mystic?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
DPS is a dime a dozen. Healers and Tanks will always be the stars.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Lube banjo posted:

So many healers these days. any reason for me not to go DPS mystic?

If you want to get into pugs, dps is a good choice. But the guild does need healers for raids, and tanks, and dps, and active players.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Is there a guide to how gearing should go?

I'm in a mix of 45 purples/208 so I guess the next step is to work on divine/legendary gear but getting pubbies to run Everlush or anything harder than Fort is just :suicide:

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I can't get pubbies to take down Gwarghent on hard half the time, let alone team raids

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
208 A rating is a good goal.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So I hit 45 last night, what sort of stuff should I be doing to get geared up (other than typical raiding of course). Do the heroic raids require attention? I've been enjoying just having everything auto-run while I'm at work.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

cage-free egghead posted:

So I hit 45 last night, what sort of stuff should I be doing to get geared up (other than typical raiding of course). Do the heroic raids require attention? I've been enjoying just having everything auto-run while I'm at work.

The heroic dungeons and raids do require you to pay attention, and are the best place to get gear.

The heroic dungeons have similar mechanics to the normal versions, they are just less forgiving of mistakes. And if the team makes enough mistakes, it's a wipe.

The raids are a huge chore. They shouldn't take long to finish; however, pubbies are impatient and not able to follow simple instructions. This leads to a raid that should take 10-15 minutes wasting hours and never finishing. My most successful runs have been right when the dungeons open and guilds are looking for pugs to fill holes.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Variable Haircut posted:

The heroic dungeons and raids do require you to pay attention, and are the best place to get gear.

The heroic dungeons have similar mechanics to the normal versions, they are just less forgiving of mistakes. And if the team makes enough mistakes, it's a wipe.

The raids are a huge chore. They shouldn't take long to finish; however, pubbies are impatient and not able to follow simple instructions. This leads to a raid that should take 10-15 minutes wasting hours and never finishing. My most successful runs have been right when the dungeons open and guilds are looking for pugs to fill holes.

Those are the ones that require 10 people, right? Do we ever have enough people online at a time to run a raid together?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Those are the ones that require 10 people, right? Do we ever have enough people online at a time to run a raid together?

8:30 pm EST is a common time for goons to drop everything and do guild and timed events, which usually last for an hour. We see 7+ people during these, there is no reason we can't form up and do the 10-man heroic dungeons and attempt the open 10-man raid (chimeria or everlush).

During the day I usually see 10+ members on line who are able to enter dungeons, but most are afk doing their own thing. We just need to establish a schedule and maybe people can plan for it.

Edit: Infact, I haven't done my heroic dungeons this cycle, I will put together a group after the portal event and plan to start at 9:30 pm EST tonight.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 21, 2017

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Variable Haircut posted:

During the day I usually see 10+ members on line who are able to enter dungeons, but most are afk doing their own thing. We just need to establish a schedule and maybe people can plan for it.

This is definitely me. While I'm on the opposite coast of most of you guys, I'd definitely try to participate if given some advance notice and I'm not working.

Are heroic raids and heroic/normal team raids on a daily lockout or weekly? Ive only done plain normal raids still, mostly cause I'm still improving my Shepards gear and path level

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I petered out around level 27, but gonna try to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully I'd be poised to do higher level raids soonish.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread admittedly looking for a reason not to play, and I haven't seen many outside of the general reasons one shouldn't play a phone game.

I might jump on this once I get home from work.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

RedPanda posted a stat guide here: http://forums.netease-na.com/topic/4244-stat-reference-table/#comment-8729

TIL that accuracy is not just a PvP stat. It's needed in heroic raids, though I don't know how much is optimal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Am I understanding this right in that spell damage has no effect to non-mystics? I kind of always assumed that non-normal attacks were considered "spells" but if I don't need purple gems that's cool w/ me.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

explosivo posted:

Am I understanding this right in that spell damage has no effect to non-mystics? I kind of always assumed that non-normal attacks were considered "spells" but if I don't need purple gems that's cool w/ me.

Yep, mystic only.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just signed up as a healer. In as Shodan.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Does anyone else have more than one character in the guild? I've been able to plow through dailies quite a bit lately and have run out of stuff to do while I'm at work so I thought maybe of running a tank or ranger?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Does anyone else have more than one character in the guild? I've been able to plow through dailies quite a bit lately and have run out of stuff to do while I'm at work so I thought maybe of running a tank or ranger?

6, send help.

Edit: too be fair to myself, 2 are zombies that I use when home and netflixing (on Nox), 3 are ignored for the most part, and 1 I use a ton.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 29, 2017

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I have 1 character for every class and they're all 45 and get run through all of the daily quests every day. I run a daily quest train M-F between ~8am-12pm EST unless my workday is weird.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Var or Fist, can you give me whatever role allows me to boot people? Guild is full and I want to start kicking inactives. Bunch of low level chars with 0 contribs.

(I'm Don in case you forgot)

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
My alts (I'm Hilarity) are Whoretence and SuperJesus. Please don't boot them!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hit 45, switched to healing as easier to not get booted from heroics that way while i gear up
Luckily already had enough gear to switch a lot to 200 already

Healing is interesting. The red circles absolutely means get the gently caress off auto follow or be one shot
I find myself moving too much and straffing into them and dying
Oh well
Learning curve

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

overseer07 posted:

My alts (I'm Hilarity) are Whoretence and SuperJesus. Please don't boot them!

I promoted them to elite, so they shouldn't ever get culled.

MikoLovesYou posted:

Var or Fist, can you give me whatever role allows me to boot people? Guild is full and I want to start kicking inactives. Bunch of low level chars with 0 contribs.

(I'm Don in case you forgot)

I can only boot about 10 per day as Vice Leader, I would be willing to trade it back and forth if that allows for more people to be booted. Not sure how many fist can boot at a time. None of the other ranks can boot.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah there aren't enough guild promotion slots to allow a group of goons to actually do stuff

edit: I queued for battleground for over an hour and a half today. Couldn't find a game. How am I supposed to work on that rep and unlock rewards?

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 30, 2017

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah there aren't enough guild promotion slots to allow a group of goons to actually do stuff

edit: I queued for battleground for over an hour and a half today. Couldn't find a game. How am I supposed to work on that rep and unlock rewards?

Make more alts and play with yourself every day?

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

Ah, okay, didn't realize that. It's cool then, I think Var already cleared some slots.

And yeah, the only time I've had success with getting into BG is when I queued with a team. Solo players seem to get shafted. They really need to fix that.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Yo homies. We should take all us active players over to Forsaken. Var and I joined. I feel like we're all Busy Dudes with too much poo poo to do to be recruiting and poo poo.

I mean, they're a bit pubbie, but they are progressing really fast and are doing all the extra content (guild hunts, etc.) nightly. They're working on the 4th boss clear of BSBV.

Join their discord and ask for an invite: https://discord.gg/AfTxXV

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

MikoLovesYou posted:

Yo homies. We should take all us active players over to Forsaken. Var and I joined. I feel like we're all Busy Dudes with too much poo poo to do to be recruiting and poo poo.

I mean, they're a bit pubbie, but they are progressing really fast and are doing all the extra content (guild hunts, etc.) nightly. They're working on the 4th boss clear of BSBV.

Join their discord and ask for an invite: https://discord.gg/AfTxXV

Quoting for truth, come play this dead game with us.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ummmm :what:

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

We gotta condense. There's only like 10 active goons, the rest are silent pubbies who don't do guild events. It's so much easier just getting carried by a guild. COME OVER BOI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Paladin update is dropping! Supposed to be a lot of new content, too.

• Locked thread