Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are those guild quests endless? I just went on autopilot after starting one last night and it seemed to go forever.

Also, is this game Witcher rules where you only get XP for quest clears? Tried to grind up to 18 to continue on the main questline by killing some mobs and I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting any XP for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

explosivo posted:

Are those guild quests endless? I just went on autopilot after starting one last night and it seemed to go forever.

Also, is this game Witcher rules where you only get XP for quest clears? Tried to grind up to 18 to continue on the main questline by killing some mobs and I'm pretty sure I wasn't getting any XP for it.

Guild quests are 30 per week, you can see your completion status in the activities window.

Mobs don't give xp. The game is designed to prevent that kind of grinding. Just do trials or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Do I have to do anything in particular to join GoonSquad? I don't even know where to look. I just got to level 10.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Do I have to do anything in particular to join GoonSquad? I don't even know where to look. I just got to level 10.

There will be a mission that tells you to open the tab to join a guild and suggest you join some rando one. In the bottom right corner is a search box though where you can enter the case sensitive guild name you want and apply.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Joined the guild as Plausible

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If I plan to be a tank should I level as that or use a DPS spec and change to tank later?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

RatHat posted:

If I plan to be a tank should I level as that or use a DPS spec and change to tank later?

Given that most people won't properly use the automatcher to make a balanced team, being a tank usually won't let you skip queues. So level as whatever frels better to you.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok every time I try to do a guild Hunt it says something about a Dragon rider. The error text disappears so fast.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Joined as LudoFriend. Let's do this.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Faction Info:

You can pick a side when you reach level 30. Both sides can be in the same clan and there are no issues working together. You get access to new daily quests and titles. Maybe gear too? I dunno, this game is too new to be Googleable.

You can choose to switch sides at some point; I'm guessing you would lose all progression. At the moment it's a dead heat on Fertile Gorge, with both sides at 50%. I chose Magellana, the morally ambiguous choice, simply because they have a cool black/purple color scheme instead of a dorky white/gold scheme. Nerrrds!

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Joined the guild as Cluncharina. I'm a mage who'll have a healer spec I guess?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is a general MMO question, but is there one out there that really rewards specialization, and absolutely does not let you be a jack of all trades?

Like the opposite of Skyrim, where if you want, you can just be good at everything. Secondarily to that, is there an MMO out that that let's you take a non-combat path to levelling up?

Basically, I want to play an MMO where I'm getting by just fine doing non-raiding/non-standard stuff (cooking, Alchemy, master crafting, etc...) , and my character class is absolutely required by others who ARE doing the regular "holy trinity" of character adventuring.

Did I hear correctly that Star Wars Galaxies was pretty much this? Is that totally dead now?

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
I'm somewhat confused with autoplay. It's a cool feature that really makes the game easier to play, but so far up to level 10, I've been able with just autoplay, even as a healer during raids. I'm feeling as if I'm not really learning how to play the game, and I'm assuming that this won't last forever. When is the best time to use autoplay?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just keep auto playing until about level 30. You'll then auto play most of the daily grind like the the courier quest or the guild quests, but have to take manual control for the harder dungeons where you have to actively dodge pools of doom. It'll be super obvious when your party keeps wiping. It'll also be super frustrating because of pubbie noobs who think they can just auto follow still.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So it seems like there is a rather important PSA regarding the level cap. The way I understood it is that there's a server level (which is currently 40 for us) and when you exceed it you're losing a big boost to your XP gain.
So what you should do is hit 40 and start converting every bit of XP to your Talent Experience. Or at least that's what I assumed - buuut OP says

quote:

It is possible to convert normal character experience points into Talent Experience, but not really advised
so maybe I got something wrong? Anyone with a clearer understanding of the mechanics around?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In as Rathat, as a mystic. I'll probably be a healer.

Should I keep auto levelling my skills or will I not have enough silver to max everything?

EDIT: Since there doesn't appear to be a cap on reserves is there any reason to not immediately eat all reserve food you get?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 25, 2017

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Eat it all, later the cost is so small to your silver reserves you can just buy one whenever you're out.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
What does the reserve health and mana actually do? Is it like a regen pool where when yku use mana and health it'll refill it from your reserve, and if you're out it won't regen?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Jumpoff posted:

What does the reserve health and mana actually do? Is it like a regen pool where when yku use mana and health it'll refill it from your reserve, and if you're out it won't regen?

Yep.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

So it seems like there is a rather important PSA regarding the level cap. The way I understood it is that there's a server level (which is currently 40 for us) and when you exceed it you're losing a big boost to your XP gain.
So what you should do is hit 40 and start converting every bit of XP to your Talent Experience. Or at least that's what I assumed - buuut OP says

so maybe I got something wrong? Anyone with a clearer understanding of the mechanics around?

Yes, once your level is higher than the server level, your XP gain drops considerably. So dump it all into Talents.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The recommendation for not dumping xp into talents is primarily during the leveling process. I'll update the op.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
How do you see the server max level?

I joined the 'dark side' faction as well, before the guild was up and running. They have cooler looking poo poo, gently caress the goody goody team.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

How fast does stamina for gathering regen? Or do we have to use some sort item to get more?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Vulpes posted:

How do you see the server max level?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Ludo Friend posted:

How fast does stamina for gathering regen? Or do we have to use some sort item to get more?

It doesn't regen by itself, but you get some when you complete daily/weekly tasks, dungeons etc. https://netease.helpshift.com/a/crusaders-of-light/?s=character-related&f=stamina

Awesome, thanks. So for maximum gains you want to stay exactly one level below the server level, and use all your xp to level paths instead.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Vulpes posted:

Awesome, thanks. So for maximum gains you want to stay exactly one level below the server level, and use all your xp to level paths instead.

Mods change name to Maximum Gains tia

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
Have we gone with one faction over the other?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dirty Needles posted:

Have we gone with one faction over the other?

It doesn't matter as far as working with fellow guild mates, but it's looking like we're favoring Shadow.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Joined as Wrestlemania. We'll see how much I play, I'm super unfamiliar with MMOs, but I'll give it a shot!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Joined as Wrestlemania. We'll see how much I play, I'm super unfamiliar with MMOs, but I'll give it a shot!

Going to add you; I'm also pretty newbish to these things, but it turns out I know enough WoW-obsessed people that I know the lingo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'll probably work on adding some mmo lingo to the OP since this game seems to be attracting alot of people new to the genre.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I joined as Lutha. It looks like somebody promoted me to "Member" already, cool.

Is there a way to disable/hide the chat channels I don't care about? I would love to not see the endless streams of pubbie "jokes" in World/Current/etc

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Gear cog in the lower left corner
Select Channel
Uncheck everything but Guild

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

The part where I'm "playing" a raid by watching my character autoplay is bizarre to me.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any boss mechanics more complicated than "Don't stand in the purple circles of death"?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

The part where I'm "playing" a raid by watching my character autoplay is bizarre to me.

Things get more interesting as you get to higher levels. Also, don't autoplay, it's alot of fun to actually run your rotations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Are there any boss mechanics more complicated than "Don't stand in the purple circles of death"?

Don't stand in the red circles of death

Don't stand in the tiny green circles of death

Dodge the whirling tornados of death

And the one that wipes countless raids, Don't stand on the giant X pattern that will randomly turn to flames of death

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm not clear on how you keep your character level from going over the server level. How exactly do you put a brake on gaining character levels?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
You don't. You just stop getting bonus XP. It's an artificial way off stopping poopsock no lifers from out levelling the rest of the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Trauma Tank posted:

Joined the guild as Cluncharina. I'm a mage who'll have a healer spec I guess?

Also joined as Peeta, although I have no idea how relevant alts are in this game.

• Locked thread