Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I accidentally hit the X when I saw the "Improve Skills" box and now have no idea how to find it through alternate means. Where the hell are my skills listed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I accidentally hit the X when I saw the "Improve Skills" box and now have no idea how to find it through alternate means. Where the hell are my skills listed?

There is a Skills button on the menu tab (you pull it out from the right side, with the little arrow. It's right by the Bag button.)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

have you tried playing on pc

(its still crap)

If I had the time to play MMOs on my PC I'd still be playing WoW, which I was hopelessly addicted to during Vanilla and BC. This game is awesome because it's similar but I can play at work.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

The PvP isn't fleshed out yet. Just farm 5 mans until you're ready for Heroic dungeons. I finally beat a couple today and it's a nice 10 man challenge.

If you're not getting the purps you want to drop, check the Reputation tab. A lot of them are available though grinding.

There's tons to do.

I've just been leaving my toon on overnight grinding rep. It takes a while to cap out but it's a much easier way to get good gear instead of trying to herd 40 nerds through an incredibly easy dungeon.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

FistEnergy posted:

If I had the time to play MMOs on my PC I'd still be playing WoW, which I was hopelessly addicted to during Vanilla and BC. This game is awesome because it's similar but I can play at work.

the pc version is low-resource enough that i can let it run in the background while my elf lady runs around and collects bear asses. my laptop has intel graphics, too. not a solution for playing at work but it "works" for me puns wow

also why am i compelled to collect bear asses in this gamr lol

furthur8
Jun 16, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Don't play PvP? There is plenty of poo poo to do.

Yeah. In retrospect, I was in a bad mood so I was getting mad at video games.

My bad. :o:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Goons, I'm level 17. What can I do, mindlessly or otherwise, to contribute to the guild? I see a lot of progress bars on our guild page, and I'm not clear on how I can help advance them.

For the guild! :black101:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goons, I'm level 17. What can I do, mindlessly or otherwise, to contribute to the guild? I see a lot of progress bars on our guild page, and I'm not clear on how I can help advance them.

For the guild! :black101:

Make sure you do the 30 guild quests each week (I think it resets on Sundays?), that's the main thing.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Is there a reason why extraction is greyed out and I can't make jeweler stuff.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Joined as Saucer.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Messed up my first account by my phone factory resetting.

Rejoined goon squad as epididipuss

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Ludo Friend posted:

Messed up my first account by my phone factory resetting.

Rejoined goon squad as epididipuss

I'll never understand why the first thing people do when starting a new game isn't to link it to Google Play.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
That's how you lose the race to the end game where you can complain that there's no content.

BanditWet
Apr 27, 2017
In as bracket. Level 30 something and still figuring stuff out. I do know there's no fall damage, so far.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
A few words on item quality - there's been a lot of confusion in guild chat because this is the first MMO for a lot of people.

Weapons and armor come in 3 basic flavors: Green, Blue, and Purple. Green is the lowest quality and Purple is the highest. This is the standard MMO color scheme. There is a higher quality - Legendary - which I am not going to discuss because the rules are different and most of us aren't going to get some anyway.

So, better color equals better weapon or armor, right? Not so fast. You have to look at the required level and the item grade. A Purple level 10 helmet isn't going to be nearly as good as a Green level 30 helmet. CoL breaks down item quality further with a letter grade for each item; C is the worst, then B, then A, then S. I believe there is an SS level as well, but again we're only talking about the basics. Insert your own Third Reich joke here. When you grab a piece of gear from a raid, look at the required level and the grade as well as the color. The color of the item, the bonuses, the grade, and the level are all summarized as the item's Assess score. The gear level tends to break down in groupings of 10 - when you hit level 30 you'll gain access to much better gear that will start to feel stale in the high 30s. By 39 you'll be desperate for some hot new gear, and as soon as you hit 40 you'll unlock a new tier and you'll start finding Blues that are as good or better than your fancy level 30-33 Purples. I've gotten a Ranger and Mystic to 40 and both times I was desperate for a better weapon as I closed in on 40. Your weapon is the hardest piece of gear to upgrade.

How you get better geasr easily and quickly? 5 man raids will drop a lot of items, but most of them will be mediocre and unhelpful unless your level just hit a multiple of 10. There are 2 ways to get better quickly.

The first way is through Reputation gear. From the Adventure menu at the top, go to the Reputation Tasks menu. You should be doing your Reputation task for each faction every day, if they offer one. They're all 10 minutes at most. For each faction you've started, if you select the green magnifying glass you'll see the gear you're eligible to buy if your Reputation is high enough. You can directly buy the level 45 Purples that will carry you into Heroic and large party Raids. Keep working on your Reputations, and you'll be able to get exactly the pieces you want.

The second way isn't explained at all, but is by far the cheapest and fastest method. It's by using Regalian Stones to reroll your Raid drops. You get the Stones regularly from your daily login reward chests, online giftpacks, and other places.For 1 or 2 Stones plus a measly 1000 Silver, you can reroll any Purple into a brand-new item! So as you're raiding, hold on to the Purple gear that drops and has a good letter grade, say A or better. Many of the items you find will have bad stats or bonuses that don't apply to your character. But for basically nothing, you can turn trash into treasure. It's how I get most of my gear. Just this morning I found a Purple Soulbreaker Longbow that was Grade A but had horrible bonuses and an overall Assess of 480. A couple rerolls later and it had an Assess of 781 with a ton of Damage, HP, and Crit bonuses.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Adding this to the OP.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Does anyone know what the Five Sacred Relics stuff is? I managed to get a The Dragon's Breath and had seen some other sacred relics but wanted to know if I need all 5 of them to do anything with it or if I could just use the one and get some new gear (based on my understanding of the item description).

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Well, there's 5 of them. And they're insanely expensive in the shop. And you need all 5 to do something with them that is unexplained and leads to some nebulous reward. So unless you can find something on the Subreddit or the official forum to justify keeping it I'd cash in that lotto ticket, you lucky dog.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
in as The town sober. liking it so far. most people using ipad for this or is there an emu?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lube banjo posted:

in as The town sober. liking it so far. most people using ipad for this or is there an emu?

You can play it through Facebook Cameroon, and it runs fine on most newer phones.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Runs fine on my Fire HD 8. You just have to load either the apk or Google Playstore onto it, which takes a bit of troubleshooting and like 20 minutes, if that.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Quick reminder to do your guild quests this week!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't seem to get this to link to my Facebook so I can play on my system. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out I have to manually switch servers.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Someone had mentioned you could grind out Rep for the factions. Is this something that can be automated overnight on my PC?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

m.hache posted:

Someone had mentioned you could grind out Rep for the factions. Is this something that can be automated overnight on my PC?

Yes, you can just go to a spot and turn on auto-combat and leave it. However there's a cap on the reputation you can get from killing monsters of 3k per day. It does roll over (up to a point) if you don't use it all.

In my experience it only takes an hour or so to hit the rep grind cap (and it's one cap across all reps), so leaving it fighting all night might be overkill.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vulpes posted:

Yes, you can just go to a spot and turn on auto-combat and leave it. However there's a cap on the reputation you can get from killing monsters of 3k per day. It does roll over (up to a point) if you don't use it all.

In my experience it only takes an hour or so to hit the rep grind cap (and it's one cap across all reps), so leaving it fighting all night might be overkill.

Oh neat.

Maybe I'll do that while I'm working today. Now to figure out the rep grinding spots.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I tried this once and ended up dead. There are some world bosses wandering around who you'll auto attack, and probably get one hit. However I probably just picked a bad spot.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Roid666 posted:

I tried this once and ended up dead. There are some world bosses wandering around who you'll auto attack, and probably get one hit. However I probably just picked a bad spot.

The only one that seems dangerous so far is the Titan spot for Thundercall Academy. I've been grinding Cudina rep and both their spots seem safe as houses (and packed with people).

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Coolio, might give that one a shot then!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah the Titan spot wrecked me when I tried it.

I stopped Rep grinding pretty quickly though since you can get the pieces (or better gear) from Raids if you're willing to wait it out.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

FistEnergy posted:

Yeah the Titan spot wrecked me when I tried it.

I stopped Rep grinding pretty quickly though since you can get the pieces (or better gear) from Raids if you're willing to wait it out.

Eh, it takes zero effort to leave it on in the background and it helps smooth out the gear curve. Plus you can get earrings/accessories pretty early on which you can't get anywhere else as far as I can see.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

m.hache posted:

Oh neat.

Maybe I'll do that while I'm working today. Now to figure out the rep grinding spots.

If you click on the Adventure button in the top right, then select the Reputation Tasks tab on the bottom, you can pick a faction and it will show you a map with clickable icons (for most of them) that will take you directly to the area for killing mobs and grinding rep. Some may only be able to be advanced through the daily quests, which are also clickable to make it very easy to knock them out each day.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
So this seems pretty fun. Hows the class balance lookin in the guild?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Jaroslav posted:

So this seems pretty fun. Hows the class balance lookin in the guild?

Pretty balanced. Shootymans are the least important class because the other 2 classes can tank or heal, but play however you like. Personally, I started with Shooty because I assumed it would be the easiest way to solo level, but in reality it's very easy with all classes. You'll get into Raids much faster if you heal or tank, though.

I heard that they're already beta testing Paladin as the next class. Just like WoW, it'll be able to tank or heal.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Do we want to try and organize any kind of goon runs for the 40 man's?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Sure, why not? I think we're getting close to trying out Fort Desolation. The entrance is inside the Guild and we need at least 25 players, minimum level of 20. It's oper every day after 7pm EST. I think we're about a week away from trying it out.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I would rather throw my face at it with the guild than with the pubby groups I've joined and failed, that is for sure

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Maybe I'll make a google doc spreadsheet as a sign up sheet where people can put in their roles

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You can play it through Facebook Gameroon, and it runs fine on most newer phones.

i have a mediocre intel graphics chip in my laptop and the facebook app version runs it just fine. i can run it in the background while doing other stuff on the computer with no problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padomyme
Jan 9, 2005
Burn the women and rape the cows
Joined this game and the guild as Snoddy.

• Locked thread