Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riller
Jun 16, 2008
In as Lotari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

So I'm guessing that the [G] in the above is for Guild quests, and I think the M is for main story line, but what about the other letters that I see for the quests? I haven't been able to figure them all out.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

m.hache posted:

Oh neat.

Maybe I'll do that while I'm working today. Now to figure out the rep grinding spots.

If you click on the Adventure button in the top right, then select the Reputation Tasks tab on the bottom, you can pick a faction and it will show you a map with clickable icons (for most of them) that will take you directly to the area for killing mobs and grinding rep. Some may only be able to be advanced through the daily quests, which are also clickable to make it very easy to knock them out each day.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is there a way to trade items or put stuff up for grabs for the guild? I need flax bales to identify this shield, and I'm not weaver, nor are there any for sale on the item mall.

If you see me in-game (Lotari) and add me to your friend list I should be able to craft you some and throw them up for sale at the lowest price. I'm usually AFKing the dailies during normal work hours, but I check on it every few minutes.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Something that I thought worth mentioning is that I found out yesterday that you don't have to buy the whole stack of whatever it is that people are selling bundles of on the auction house. So when you need 3 or 5 of an item, just tap whatever is at the lowest price, even if it's 30+ in the stack, and use the + or - buttons until you get to the number you need. I don't think many people know this because I've been selling flax bolts and thread in stacks of 5 for a higher price than whatever the lower priced bundle of 50+ is going for.

Also, don't try to buy stacks of something that are at a low price with the intention of reselling them at a higher price. Once you buy the materials from the auction house, they have an infinite sell freeze time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

It's a more efficient grind. You get 100% more exp if you're 2 or more levels lower than the server cap level 40 or below so if you want to max out your talent level (which I think starts costing more than the xp level at around 35ish or so), you're better staying under the cap and converting exp to talent exp.

I made the mistake of botting my daily quests and accidentally leveling up from 40 to 41. The XP bonus is 100% if you stay at 40, but when I leveled up to 41, the XP bonus dropped to 50% (even though the server cap is now 45). Luckily I already have my path to 34 and my secondary paths to 21, but it would have been nice to keep getting that XP bonus. Just a word of warning to anyone trying to advance your secondary paths!

• Locked thread