Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Played this up to 45ish on the sea servers a few months ago. Before I start here is there any class we seem to be lacking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
In as Roid! Let's pew pew some stuff!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
From memory it's about lvl 36ish where you dont have enough resources to max 2 paths per level. So for mages, going healer and aoe/single target is fine til then.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Wait til you hit the harder raids.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Just keep auto playing until about level 30. You'll then auto play most of the daily grind like the the courier quest or the guild quests, but have to take manual control for the harder dungeons where you have to actively dodge pools of doom. It'll be super obvious when your party keeps wiping. It'll also be super frustrating because of pubbie noobs who think they can just auto follow still.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Eat it all, later the cost is so small to your silver reserves you can just buy one whenever you're out.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
You don't. You just stop getting bonus XP. It's an artificial way off stopping poopsock no lifers from out levelling the rest of the server.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
You can convert level exp to talent xp if that's what you mean. When you try to upgrade a skill and don't have enough talent xp, it will ask if you want to use level xp instead. So I suppose you could stop leveling like that if you wanted. I'm not sure why you would want to though.

Also can I remind everyone to do the guild quest. It looks like lots of people haven't had any contribution this week.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
The solo one: Adventure->Guild Quest. It's the 30 stage one.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
We're probably just as bad ;]

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I don't think there is a trick. Don't worry, you'll hit 30 super quick.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
When I played healer on the other servers at launch in SEA, I pretty much autoed all the time and all was fine.

One tip maybe you haven't noticed yet is that your auto attack actually heals if you are targeting a friendly. So if you simply select the party member via the party menu on the left of the screen, and then spam the attack button, that keeps them alive almost indefinitely. Couple this with the shield for spike damage and the AOE heal when the whole party need topping off and you should be fine. I only had to start doing this for the hardest dungeons though.

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 27, 2017

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

someone awful. posted:

Definitely did not know my auto attack healed, that's neat!

Well, it used to at least ;]

Roid666 fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 27, 2017

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Quick reminder to do your guild quests this week!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I tried this once and ended up dead. There are some world bosses wandering around who you'll auto attack, and probably get one hit. However I probably just picked a bad spot.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Coolio, might give that one a shot then!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Same, I don't think I've ever been kicked at a boss.

Before entering a raid, yes because my level was too low, but never inside one.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Dps or healer spec?

Not sure what you might be doing wrong.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody kicked before bosses, even when we've been running an all ranger team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
But the dark side is way cooler!

• Locked thread