Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

The Jumpoff posted:

Also my one complaint is that I wish you were eligible for EXP after 3 raids over gear. I have great gear, I just want to hit max level ASAP.

THAT'S what it is! I felt really dumb because I got stuck on level 17 after autoing everything up to that point and the next quest was for 18. Tried leveleing through raids and didn't progress and was honestly stumped on how to progress. Seems like spamming groups on other stuff is the way to go? Currently following some guy on 'trials', no idea what's going on but I am at least getting levels again. poo poo's still confusing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

In as LexiBelle.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

SomeoneAwful wot r u doin?

That's a neat little gimmick. Looks like it pulls a random name for one of the guild quests.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

So it seems like there is a rather important PSA regarding the level cap. The way I understood it is that there's a server level (which is currently 40 for us) and when you exceed it you're losing a big boost to your XP gain.
So what you should do is hit 40 and start converting every bit of XP to your Talent Experience. Or at least that's what I assumed - buuut OP says

quote:

It is possible to convert normal character experience points into Talent Experience, but not really advised
so maybe I got something wrong? Anyone with a clearer understanding of the mechanics around?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Vulpes posted:

How do you see the server max level?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Seems like you can't switch faction, I'm boned.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

By now I agree that staying low level for path XP was probably an uninformed starting assumption from the community. At least for Shepard the .5% upgrades I could get on a few select skills aren't nearly as imporant as unlocking all the max level activities and gear asap.

In other news I nearly managed to clear Chimaera's 2nd boss today. Alas, the two dangerous mechanics are still too much to overcome for the average pubbie. :v:

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 8, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Actually, most of the time it will. I started to outgear Heroic Raids and can completely auto them and even in my latest Chimeria clear did I only stop autoing the few seconds I had to do the tornado mechanics on last boss only to go back to auto the second I repositioned. Because honestly, 'heal lowest with ST and spam AOE' is enough to counter like 90% of the game. I'm not even sure I could do more DPS on the target itself than the instantly switching bot does. And the best thing is, through outgearing the bar on what you are able to sleep through is constantly growing. My kind of game.

The actual mechanic you have to watch out for is playing around team leaders yelling about auto-follow. :evilbuddy:

On another note, I'm still constantly learning about this game. Can't say they don't explain it, there's just so much of it. Just today I was wondering why people's talent level was so much higher than mine. I did every daily thing I could, didn't I? But then I discovered the daily max XP number in the upper left on the adventures tab. Turned out I was throwing away huge chunks of XP every day. Now I'm at 64/20 trial quests and still catching up.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 11, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

km2 posted:

Do you know whats the best path skill/rune upgrades to take for Mystic Shepard?

Currently level 40 with level 33 path.

Personally I feel like Warmth and Gentle Gaze are the best bang for your buck but I'm trying to keep everything more or less on the same level. I feel like every spell in our toolkit is useful and strong except maybe the Shield. Not sure if that one's much stronger than a regular direct heal?
Right now I have 37 in those two, 35 in the two on the right and both on the top are at 25 (mainly due to Magellana Emblem shortage). Through exponentially rising costs it balances itself out rather well.

Runes follow the same idea. Due to the rising costs it doesn't really make sense to specialize on a single imo, especially because we're talking 0.02 sec upgrades etc.

There are no hard numbers on this right now though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Meatgrinder posted:

Am I missing something here? I can only buy them for 500 altruism medals, there's none listed for silver anywhere.

Trade -> Item Mall -> Weekly Specials

• Locked thread