Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Natosh

Natosh takes the moose antler from the Hornbearer and looks at it. No doubt this has significance to the other god. "I thank you", he says to Seiraes through the hornbearer. "We will make a balance. The sea will beat at the earth, and the earth resist the sea."

The earth must resist the sea. But now, the sea was too powerful. if he did nothing, the land would be carried away and the world all sea. This was a wrongness. This demanded action. But more, it demanded thought. What to do? He must deliberate on this, consider it.

While he considered, he went to the world that was made, walking on it. Reaching into his pouch, he pulled out the clay of creation, and started shaping it into the form of trees, and grasses, and shrubs, and vines. Yes, that was right. This would help resist the sea. And, even if it did not, it delighted Natosh's heart to make the things that came out of the earth.

Making plants +4 Creaton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas

He felt things that were intended to live come into being, and exhaled the breath of life for Natosh's benefit and that of his creations. Turning to the delegation from Seiraes, he smiled as he looked over the forms of the Hornbearers, nodding his approval.

"A Sire of Wood, you say? An honour, and I shall form a realm for it soon. I have felt your lord's despair at the absence of his siblings, and Rhaenon, she who was Mother of Wood, was a friend. I will do what is right by her memory. It pleases me, my children, to see you serve Seiraes faithfully and well in this matter."

He accepted the gift of the goat horn with due ceremony, letting it take the aspect of a Shofar, hanging it besides the Cornucopia of Abundance in easy reach.

Fluff post, indicating acceptance, approval and blessing for Natosh's creation of life, so that his creations may truly live, and acceptance of the responsibility for the Elemental Plane of Wood, to be resolved next turn.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Sorry I kept you waiting.

Jormguar - PRIME PLANE

LupusAter posted:

Seiraes answers through the Hornbearers: "Find the meaning of Water. Uphold it. Create and claim its Elemental Plane. Help us maintain Equilibrium. This you must do to fully claim your title, then it's up to you."

'The meaning of Water.' The crashing waves? The squalling storm? No, those are only half of it. It must remember Nevatila's nature. It must become closer to the goddess she was. ..it must remake itself, reawaken closer to who she was.

"Children! Let us rediscover your legacy!" And without pause, without hesitation, Jormguar brings destruction of the old to bring about the new, and drives the symbol of its new title through its own hide, into its heart.

Rolling Destruction +6, Seed of the Serpent +4, The Seas +2, Nagaja +2, and taking 1 FP to add Regret +2, to use its new title, and the essence of the goddess it devoured, to have Jormguar attempt to fundamentally alter the nature of the Seed, and possibly its whole existence.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

The Multiverse

Like children playing with power tools the gods continue to use their power to shape the course of Creation. The New Elemental Plane of Fire threatens to go critical due to an over-investment of Divine Power. The Cosmic Mangrove is grown to match the Cosmos. Moons are added to the PRIME PLANE and a strange extra moon is formed there as well. A realm of terrible Nightmares is created, populated by the fears of the gods. Plants really take hold on the PRIME REALM in the absence of significant threat. Finally, the God of Destruction completes its destiny and faces a unique and unexpected situation.

Life spreads throughout the Cosmos.

Caseria - The Elemental Court | 4FP

The Flames burn you, forming an Elemental Plane of Fire. As you continue the channel the power you find yourself unable to stop. The Plane will soon gain a critical mass, exploding and engulfing Creation in a Multiversal Firestorm.

Crisis!

Option A) Allow this sucker to blow. You might survive.

Option B) Spread the load across the other two Elemental Planes.

Option C) Channel the excess into the PRIME REALM or the Nightmare Realm.

Option D) Make something up, hopefully another god can help you.

In any case you can only direct the energy of this plane and use your Item and nothing else at the moment. Temporary Trait: Elemental Flame Inferno +6 The little of the overflow the goddess Caseria can direct.

Seiraes - The Elemental Court

Curses! The investment was too strong and the Lady of Fire risked being consumed or allowing the flames to lose control and affect other planes.

Choice:

Cold: This is her test, and hers alone. If she be worthy she will survive. You and your Plane of Metal will be unharmed and unaffected by whatever happens as a result. She will be unable to share the load to your Plane of Metal, however.

One of Five: This is a matter for the Court to handle, a crisis they must come together to resolve. Take leadership of the Elemental Court and call them to order to decide a course of action.

The Cosmic Mangrove

Cypax and Virilas(1 FP)

The Tree grows, stretching toward the myriad protostars and roots reaching for the Elemental Planes. Its growth is now tied to that of the Multiverse, as is its health…

You notice flames licking the roots near the new plane of Elemental Fire…

You succeed in getting this Tree to match its growth to that of the Cosmos. It is now also an indicator of the health of the Cosmos. It is kind of on fire a little.

Medrok - Plane of Nightmares

A fitting match for any realm of Dreams the Plane of Nightmare exists as a dark and frightful Parallel in miniature of the Universe. You could see the nightmares of mortals and perhaps even gods fueling creation within your domain. You see a scene where you address the gods at the Divine Amphitheater. But what is this? You forgot to manifest your chitin below your thorax!

You have a special little plane there. Nightmares will fuel it and become real here. If Freddy Kruger lived somewhere it would be here. A powerful asset indeed. You gain +2 Nightmares

Fabdeg - PRIME MOONS

Your moons are in place. They each ring with a true note, creating a field of magic around the world. Except that strange one, it seems to absorb light, magic, matter, everything. A gaping hole in reality. A void through which perhaps nothing could return. In any case the world is now showered in Magic, beings born grown or created there will be correspondingly more powerful as a result.

You magic’ed up the joint. Your 7th moon is something of a mystery though. Magical creatures can be expected to flourish on the PRIME REALM.

Natosh - PRIME REALM

You see the Moons form above and the Serpent crash into the waters below. It seems the former gives a boon in showering the world in magic. The latter gives a boon since the constant hardship of the water spirits has ceased for now. Your plants grow well, forests and grasses and everything in between grow under your gaze and dig their roots deep into the Earth to hold fast when the storms return.

You have seeded the heck out of this place. It is lush and verdant. If it wasn’t for the storms that would return and constantly bombard it this could really be a nice place.

Jormguar - Below the Waves, PRIME REALM

You wound the most vital part of yourself, cracking the heart. Normally if it took damage it turned ethereal, but every other time this has happened your manifestation had already been destroyed. As such you rained all manner of creatures and mortals over the planet. A torrent of that which had been consumed flew out not only over the prime realm but on chunks of consumed matter all over the cosmos.

They would remember you.

Weakened, you fell below the waves. This had been your purpose, after all. When you were created it was intended your heart to be the seed of the next Universe. Your existence has been fulfilled. You were never meant to survive it. What to do now?

The Heart has Shattered! The Cosmos is being seeded all over with life and mortals of all kinds. You, however, are supposed to be dead. If you are to survive the heart must be mended. Fail and you shall wither and die.

CHALLENGE! As your life hangs in the Balance you find yourself at a crossroads. Neither choice will gain you FP.

Hunger: You must survive at any cost! Fill the void with your minions, this plane, the moons. Your hunger unending, steadfast, sure. You may use Destruction +6, Hunger +8, and +2 from your Nagaja toward reforming your Heart. You will consume even your regret, leaving you with a new scar(we can discuss)

Regret: You cannot go back. Forge a new path forward and shape your own destiny as you choose, unbound by hunger. Buck your innate Flaw for another (we can discuss) and reforge your heart with +2 Seas and +8 regret.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at Jul 30, 2017 around 03:31

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.

Caseria - The Elemental Court - 4 FP

This is all supposed to burn. The Flames whisper.

Caseria's mind is fire. Tears of flame roll down her face. The pain can't be described. But she holds, the nascent universe depends on it.

"Seiraes. I'm sorry. This is all my fault." She croaks out.

Her fist clenches in the fire, a whimper escapes her throat. She looks up at him.

"But..."

Another wave of pain hits. Caseria grits her teeth to stop herself from screaming.

"B-but I think I have an idea. We need the rest of them."

Let it burn. All of it. The Flames whisper.

Caseria would rather die.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

They had created an imbalance while trying to restore balance. If Aella was still alive, she'd be laughing her head off at their predicament.
He hears Caseria's plea, and speaks through the Hornbearers, addressing Natosh, Virilas and Jormguar: "We need your help. We risk losing control of the plane of Fire. Only by acting as five we can correct this imbalance. Caseria and I will shoulder most of the risk, since we are at fault here, but we need assistance." Then, to Caseria: "I called for help. Speak your idea, and they'll hear."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas

The Father of Fecundity hastened to the Elemental Court, drawing forth the Shofar as he appeared. He watched the flames for a moment, recognising the sheer scale of the problem.

"My plane of wood is yet to be formed: I suspect I can help mitigate this as well. There are trees that thrive on fire, those that are ally to it and those that require it. Conversely, there are trees that are to all intents and purposes fireproof, which will not burn or even be damaged by it. I propose I form my plane with these elements closest to the plane of fire, to help bleed off some of the excess and to preserve the rest of the plane from it, a great stretch of fire-loving trees walled off by fireproof ones."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Medrok

The fear god cheerfully chitters. Fear of humiliation, how refreshing! He missed this, so exquisite compared with the threat of oblivion that loomed above his head. But this reminded him of something, of the fact that he still needed to be safe from his peers, no matter the situation. He knew the upstart just messed up and had an overflowing inferno raging on the plane she usurped. Perhaps this could be an opportunity. After all, what's one or two divine flames among all that havoc? One of Medrok's arms quickly shifts into a black mantis-like scythe, and with a swift slash, he tears a hole towards the Plane of Fire. A gout of raging flames quickly floods inside, and Medrok barely avoids being caught upon the raging inferno himself. "A small pocket, to be filled with this. One done, several more to go..."

Stealing some fire for myself! Using Fear +6, Survival +2 and Nightmare +2 to vent some fire withing the Nightmare Realm,
creating the Pyrophobia Hell!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jul 30, 2017 around 19:19

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.

We can purify everything together. Make it just the way you want it. All you have to do is let go. The Flames say in Caseria's mind.

Caseria's eyes close for a moment. She almost looks serene now.

"I need Natosh to punch a hole in the Prime Realm's crust. Once he does I will open a vent into it. We can use this fire to fill the world with magma, it'll give the earth the strength to fight against the storms. Someone else is already venting some flame, I think it's Medrok but my brain is more flame than thought right now and everything looks a bit like kindling. We'll use the Elemental Plane of Wood as a vent for what the Prime Realm and Medrok can't safely handle. If it can't handle that whole load we'll vent into Elemental Plane of Earth or Metal. Both if we have to."

Caseria looks woozy for a moment, and stumbles for a moment.

"Quickly. I don't know how long I can hold this."

She coughs up a ball of flame, it sputters and hisses at her feet.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

"I agree with her plan. I will bring Metal from the elemental Plane, to take the burnt of the hit and soften the blow on the Prime Realm. This will also bring Equilibrium to the Prime Realm, provided we survive. Caseria, if it proves too much for the Prime Realm and the Plane of Wood, vent first to the Plane of Metal, and use Earth as a last resort. I will take responsibility for my mistake, as I said I would."

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

"Fine. Just do it. All I can see now is how many colors would erupt off your body as you burned."

Fire is now dripping out of Caseria's mouth. Each exhale is made of cinders.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Natosh

This was what came of treating fire as a proper element, instead of just an emanation of air or earth, Natosh thought to himself. It starts getting ideas above its station and wants to burn down everything. Fire is supposed to stay in the sun where it belongs. Natosh grumbles to himself as he puts vents in his freshly made earth. He had just made it! And now, you know, lava and magma and everything. He didn't like magma or lava. It sticks to everything, and it's impossible to clean. "Oh well", he mutters. "Volcanoes can be pretty."

Opening up the earth to channel elemental fire inside of it. Earth +6

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (1 FP)

The Lord of Life nodded his assent, took on a multilimbed, multiheaded aspect, claimed the throne of Wood and raised both the Shofar and his Cornucopia each to a set of lips and began playing the song of wood, a song of growth and life, wordlessly accompanying it in a hundred voices. He extended hands into the aether, each hand becoming a tree, a family of trees, a multitude of trees, forging an entire plane of living wood and growth. He arranged matters carefully, creating a broad swathe of water-filled succulents and near-fireproof cypresses, and then, towards the border with the plane of fire, eucalyptus, byblis and cogon grasses, plants that needed fire to survive, germinate and thrive. Thus could an overflow of fire, even elemental fire, be accommodated on the plane of wood without losing everything. As an additional precaution, as he resumed his usual form, Virilas charged the Voluptines,

"My beloved ones, tend to this plane during this crisis. Manage the trees in their kinds so that the bulk are protected, the succulents and cypresses are kept healthy, and the pyrophytes replenished as needed to bear the brunt."

Calling forth and claiming a plane of elemental wood, constructing it with its fireward border to act as an overflow buffer through clever use of certain species so that fire can be made use of and its energy spent to boost the life of the trees that have need of fire, with the bulk of the plane shielded by fire-resistant trees, with Voluptines assisting in the creation and for this turn aiding in crisis management. +6 life, +4 Plenty, +2 Voluptines, +2 Fiat.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Jul 30, 2017 around 18:21

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Caseria grits her teeth, her fingers move in the flames - subtly altering the flow of it's power.

"Get ready."

Her fingers relax, just a little, and she feels the power of the fire start to slip through. She stares at her banner, fluttering in a non-existent breeze. She remembers her lives, her own quest. This was just another step.

Caseria will use the power of Inferno (+6) and her Hope and Faith (+4) to stay in control as they do. to vent flame into the Prime Realm's Crust, The Elemental Plane of Wood will serve as the first safety valve for whatever the Prime Realm cannot safely handle. If that overfills the Elemental Plane of Metal is the secondary safety valve and the final one is The Elemental Plane of Earth.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Seiraes starts drawing Metal from its Plane, to plunge it down the vents Natosh opened, the operation made easier by the extreme heat of the flames. First a compact and purer core, to store heat and diffuse the essence of Metal into the realm. Then a more fluid magma, partly made with Earth, so that what is eroded by the storms can be recycled and reemerge as new land.

Using Metal (+6), Elements (+2) and the Elemental Plane (+2) to use Caseria's fire to create magma and plate tectonics in the Prime Realm.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Fabdeg

Fabdeg frowns. The others are engaged in trying to contain their creation, gone rampant and threatening the rest of what has been made. Will their attempt to stop it threaten his works?

He does not know. But he will make sure his moons survive. To ensure their survival and further anchor them to reality, Fabdeg plays the Chimes of Heavens, weaving and wrapping them in song and magic. Each begins to take on an aspect of magic. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light, Dark. Was there once a seventh? He can not remember.

Space Wizard casts enchant moons. Magic +6 and Chimes of Heaven +4

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

Jormguar - Beneath The Waves, PRIME PLANE

Pain.

Good was done, life was freed, but there was such a cost. Within the Serpent, its most primal instincts fight for survival. To feed, to restore itself by any means necessary. But to unmake everything they've done, to return the beast it was before the war? Jormguar would rather die, let its body sink below the depths forever. The eight would become seven, the storms would be ungoverned, the Nagaja, unguided, would destroy all they could. There must be another way.

As its shattered remains sink deeper into the crushing depths, Jormguar desperately takes stock of all it has left. The horn, embodiment of the title of Lord, the shattered remains of the Seed, the crushing depths around it, and the essence of the goddess who once commanded them. They are disparate, weak, failing, but perhaps they are enough.

Let the pressure of the depths crush the remains of the seed, force them together. Let its cracks be filled with the silver metal of the horn, and let the soul of what once was be manifest again. It is a long shot, but it is the only thing the Serpent can think to do.

Let's combine what's left of the Seed, Jormguar's Regret (+8), the Seas (+2), and the symbolic power of the horn into something new. A core of silver and soul, bound inextricably with the essence of a god of water. The Stormheart.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Cypax - God of Knowledge and Deception
1 BP | 0 FP

Opportunity. Cypax watched the other gods scrambling to 'fix' the elemental plane of fire. How will life itself adapt to these changes? ~Complete destruction of the Prime Plane would be unfortunate.~ Hardship will encourage survival, change. Changing seasons, changing lands, changing weather. Tsk. If only I had been quicker - there is no sun for this plane yet, no cycle of light and darkness, no cycle of the seasons. Had the others forgotten the steps of creation? Did they think there were shortcuts? Cypax stared at the 'seventh moon' - At another time.

Cypax returned to the Cosmic Tree, running Their hands over the bark, still feeling the heat emanating from below. Stooping, they began to collect its fallen leaves. Summoning the Final Host, Cypax began codifying the information collected about life-thus-far, and prepared Their Host for the coming disruptions. And yet, Cypax withheld knowledge of those disruptions, or disasters, from that very life. I will see what Instinct is capable of on its own, let Us see if it is enough.

Action: Codifying the first set of writings for a Cosmic Library, inscribing the Knowledge (+6) of current life upon new pages, made from the leaves of the Cosmic Mangrove with an assist from the Final Host (+2) in Their continued quest for discovering Instinct.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The Multiverse

With the Plans of the Architects of the Old Universe fulfilled and life being seeded across the Multiverse the gods continue to work on their PRIME REALM, visiting mass Elemental destruction upon the place. Magic is split into a spectrum according to the moons of the PRIME REALM, and the Domain of Instinct falls upon the god of Knowledge. The Former-Destroyer weighs its path forward as its Heart reforms. A new being reveals itself in the chaos being invested in the PRIME REALM.

Elemental Court/PRIME REALM Fiasco

It works, barely. In Concert the Elemental Court averts disaster. Despite their efforts there is still vast damage to the plane. It will heal, indeed it may end up better off than it would have otherwise. It seems a being previously unknown to the gods appeared and created a sub-realm within the PRIME, taking on samples of life. It existed as a Defensive Sphere in low orbit around the Plane. Awaiting conditions to be right, perhaps?

In any case the Elements of the PRIME REALM appear to be in balance. A plea from the unaligned spirits calls for the gods to be less forceful in the Material Planes.

Caseria - Elemental Court | 3 FP

The Flames subside. Your realm is powerful indeed, though it is still too hot to touch.

You cannot access the Plane of Elemental Fire until your original 4FP counter ticks back down. You may use the Crown for fire Flavor, but it acts at +0

Virilas - Plane of Elemental Wood | 1 FP

You succeed in building a Plane of Trees. It weathers the overflow of flame, adding to the fertility.

You gain Elemental Wood +2

Seiraes - Elemental Court

It works. A powerful magnetic field is in place around the PRIME REALM. As you assumed Leadership of the Court you felt something appear behind you, a vestment you recall your progenitor deity wearing.

Mantle of Leadership +4 - As the Leader of the Elementals, the vestment falls to you.

Natosh - PRIME REALM

You tear open the Earth to allow the scheme of your Pantheon-mates to come to pass despite your misgivings.

Choice -

Deliberative: You Call the Court to Order to Discuss Creation and Avoid Further Catastrophe
Gain Wisdom +2

Protective of His Creation: The Other Gods would destroy Creation themselves if left unchecked. Gain a VETO to an action within the membership of the Court to be used at any future time.

Medrok - Subplane Pyrophobius

It works! Siphoning off a bit of the flame into your own realm has transformed a patch of it into something new entirely. You sense an extra rush of power but you cannot quite yet define it.

You want a Hell, I could give you something like Torture +2 or Jailor +2, or a simple inverse to fire in something like Shadow +2

Fabdeg - PRIME REALM Moons

The action threatens to fail, the notes to collapse, but the Maiar join in the background to add their Harmony. Each of the Moons takes on on of the Aspects of Magic as you Define them, though the Moons now have minds of their own. The last gains the attribute +2 Void, though you dare not look into its dark abyss.

You can call on any one of your Childe-Moons except Void to use their +2 in an action.

Jormguar - The Ocean Floor, PRIME REALM | 1 FP

Your Heart begins to repair as you begin to define your purpose in this new Era for yourself. Chaos boils around you, there is a vague awareness of a major upheaval and a sub-realm forming.

Okay, you can transfer 2 ranks of Destruction to Seas or Waters, or whatever you want to call that domain. Must have at least a +2 of Destruction remaining. We need to discuss Hunger’s replacement. Your heart is now

The Storm-heart - Storms +4

Cypax - The Cosmic Mangrove | 1 BP

Life, everywhere, was completely ignorant. It may have been preserved in form and function in the Heart of the Destroyer, but it seemed knowledge did not pass along with it. Even the most advanced, the proto-mortals lacked all but the most basic instincts to guide them. With this being the only Knowledge widespread your claim to it was unchallenged.

Your beginnings of a new Codex are watched intently by your Final Host. They murmured among themselves about the instincts of the gods.

You gain Instinct +2 as a form of innate knowledge. Abuse it wisely!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Caseria - The Elemental Court - 3 FP

Caseria can't feel her arm. She tries to move it. It ignores her. She opens her eyes again and sees the floor of the court. Little fires burn around her. Then the pain starts again, just as sharp and grinding as before. Her mind is quiet, at least. She pulls herself up and looks at her arm. It's a black, charred mass of scabrous flesh. She just stares at it for a minute, confused. It was like a stranger had stolen her real arm and left this thing in it's place. She pulls herself off the floor slowly, it's hard with one arm. The Reveries stare at her, shivering and scared. Eager for guidance.

Caseria ignores them, and limps towards her throne. She collapses in it, and pulls up the cowl of her robe with her working arm. The light is too bright, the universe is too loud. Her eyes are empty. She smells like ash. The working arm crumples in her lap. The whispers come slowly at first. Why did you do that? Another one. You almost destroyed the universe. Two more. You're not a real goddess, you never have been. You're only here because your betters took pity on you. The whispers are a roar now. Stixaia wouldn't have let this happen. It's all your fault. The pain and the roaring fills her mind. All she can do is cry. Ink-black tears stain her robes.

Caseria is skipping her turn due to grief and shock.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2017 around 08:04

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (1 FP, +1 more this action.)

The Lord of Life exhaled: Balance had been restored, and Rhaenon, Mother of Wood had been paid due honour, her mantle taken up with the reverence she and it deserved. With a nod to those who had stood together to fend off the disaster and having a single Voluptine remain at court to fetch him in an instant if needed, he travelled from his new plane up the Cosmic Mangrove, all the way up to the Divine Amphitheatre. Duty and crisis bade him do otherwise earlier, but Life had infused the cosmos. Not just any life, but the originals, children of Life and Love, or at the very least echoes of their descendants, from the shattered heart of the Destroyer.

He could not help but love them, instinctual and basic as they were, for he saw they had so much potential, and the heart of a father longed to grant such children a boon. So, at the Amphitheatre nestled amongst the uppermost twigs of the Cosmic Tree, he drew forth his power, extruding a set of chairs, in some respects akin to thrones, in others the humble seats of servants, one for each of them, from the divinely-blessed wood of the tree that stretched across all creation. There was life in their new universe, and the Lord of Life would see to it that they had the wherewithal to be heard by their deities, if said deities were willing to listen.

He shaped the seats, let them be divinely morphic to each intended occupant, then raised his cornucopia to his ear so that all the abundance of the life that touched the tree might be heard. He clung to the despair he bore at his heart and attuned the chairs to the emotion, so that those who sat in them physically, or metaphorically claimed them wherever they might be, would hear of the sorrows that afflicted Mortals throughout reality. As a test of the system, he had his Voluptines travel to the most despairing mortals and grant them ease, succour and mercy.

Giving all mortal, potentially sentient life a prayer hotline, tied into a set of Great Thrones (One for each of us) in the Divine Amphitheatre. Using Life +6 and Plenty +4 to reach out to all life in the cosmos, Elemental Wood +2 to shape the thrones out of the upper twigs of the Cosmic Mangrove to take advantage of the interconnectedness of all things, Despair +2 to allow for the communication and understanding of the true cause of each mortal's suffering, Voluptines +2 to have them field-test the system this turn by helping mortals as directed, and taking another flaw point for Hopeless Romantic +2 because what father wouldn't want to see the children happy? Physically being seated in a throne, or metaphysically claiming the seat, allows a deity to make use of the connection for as long as they deem needed.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2017 around 12:39

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Seiraes feels all the weight of the Shaper's mantle on his shoulders. He is just an Elemental, unworthy of this honor, but at the same time, he did shape the new Court, so there's logic to the Artifact's choice. He resolves to invoke leadership only in emergencies, to streamline and direct the Court's response.

He surveys the Prime Realm, feeling the new magnetic field. It is nice and stable, perfect for shielding the plane from the harsher effects of its sun, when it gets created. He almost goes to ask Caseria to ignite it, but the small goddess looked exausted from her ordeal, and it wouldn't do to have her make a mistake out of tiredness. He sends a couple Hornbearers to watch upon her, so that they can call him when she's fit for her duties as the Lady of Fire.

In the meantime, he can help the denizens of the Prime Realm with the harsh conditions of their homeworld. Using the magnetic field as a vessel, he imbues the life in the plane with some essence of Metal poured from the Crucible, allowing it to better change and shape itself in response to the circumstances. They will be forged and tempered by their adversities, and emerge stronger and better from them.

Using Metal(+6) and the Crucible(+4) to give the life on the Prime realm an improved capacity to adapt and evolve.

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

A flash of heat from above is the first sensation the newly reforged god feels. Chaos, destruction, death. And yet, for perhaps the first time, there is no desire to feed, no instinct that the catastrophe has left a meal ripe for the picking. No, not hunger, something new, something the Serpent hardly has a word for. Whatever it is, something within it... within her, has fundamentally changed.

Jormguar
Jormgir the Serpent - Beneath The Waves, PRIME PLANE

Something must be done.

There is no subtlety in the Serpent's return, no modesty in her presentation of her new form. "My name is Jormgir, and I will not let us fail again."

So much fire, so much burning destruction, and the storms that have so far run wild will only add to the chaos. The world must be given time to heal, the mortals time to recover, and all the reborn life freed from the Seed must find their own places. With every beat of her heart, the most furious of the storms quiet, become gentler, and turn their paths towards the places most scorched and in need.

"Rest, Caseria." There is a touch of sincerity and concern in the Serpent's voice as she speaks to the retreating goddess, but one of deep irritation as well. "You have done enough for now."

Picking up the slack! Using Seas +6, Storms +4, taking an FP for Jaded +2, and, if you'll let me, Destruction +2 to take much more direct control of the PRIME PLANE's weather without giving even a quarter of a gently caress about what the other gods feel about it. Bring rains to the places that need them, cleanse the land-dwelling life of ash without drowning them, etc. etc. And for the places that are beyond saving, crush them under the waves, turn the scars into smaller seas, inlets, and great saltwater lakes. Hide the consequences of their mistakes, both from the other gods, and from the mortals who rely on them.

Also, obviously accept the given throne, even if she's a little preoccupied at the moment.

PMush Perfect fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2017 around 00:05

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Medrok

Ahh, the Serpent has empowered herself... The Insect anxiously clicks his mandibles. She is now stronger than him, and her power has broken the fragile balance going on between the Gods. Medrok's newfound control over the new scorching hellscape of a Plane, one that lets him Imprison those within it for an eternity of terror and pain might not be able to work on this titanic threat. But perhaps... Ah yes, the others are creating more mortals once again. These things weren't of much use against the Destroyer, except for perhaps the upstart hopeful, yet that one keeps blundering around. But to have them serve him could still be something he could use. With a snap of his claws, the Unending swarm before Medrok, as he directs his minions towards the expansion of one of the darkest, most terrifying parts of the Nightmare, one that will serve as a prison to the souls of the paltry mortals... A prison that he believes will sure to be the key to break their will towards obeying him.

Taking Jailor +2! Going to create an "Afterlife" by using Fear+6, Jailor +2, The Unending +2 and taking three FP to use Despicable +6 and make it as horrid as possible!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2017 around 23:21

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Cypax - God of Knowledge, Instinct and Deception
1 BP | 0 FP
(+1 FP)

Through understanding the realms of Knowledge (+6) and Instinct (+2), Cypax attempts to stop sentience from developing in the nascent life forms on the prime plane. The Final Host (+2) bring an embodiment of this sentience up to the circle of thrones, placing it within the amphitheater so that all gods may look upon it. The Meddlesome (+2) Cypax dictates a proposal. Let us not imbue life with a true soul and true sentience until a majority of gods are in agreement. Siblings, let us not rush forward foolhardy, each seeking to win some divine race. Let us deliberate the point at which the universe is ready for the next step of life and mind.

Action: Prevent sentience from developing on the prime plane until a majority (5) of gods agree the time is right.

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2017 around 13:04

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Fabdeg 2 BP

Fabdeg senses the crisis has passed. The possible destruction of the mortal planet is no longer a possibility. Much more to his interest is his moon children, each embodying an element of magic. The seventh...he can not bear to even think of it. For now. Reality must be strengthened, protected, fortified. Then and only then can he turn his attention to what was loss. "Aid me children, in my fight / Reality must be protected it seems / from outsider, who seek its end / A barrier, to keep them out" A melody springs up, aided by the Moons chorus. There can be no more interference from outside.

Invoking everything to create a barrier around reality. No more interference! Magic +6, Chimes of Heavens +4, Celestial Bodies +4 and each of the six Magic Moons +2 children to form The Crystal in The Center. The Crystal shall project the barrier around reality to protect it.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Natosh

Natosh looks at his earth, rent and torn, and turns away his face, mud on his cheeks. He takes large strides over to the rebuilt Elemental Court and seats himself on the throne of lead, and calls out to the rest of the members of the Court, "Come! Come and speak!"

With barely controlled rage, he addresses the rest of them. "This cannot happen again! Seiraes, you called us a Court of the Elements, each of us in a relationship with each other. Why, then, do we not act that way? Why do we take individual action, individual foolish action, without first consulting and planning each other. Will we each act in such a way that will doom the rest? Twice my earth has been put in danger, the first time by a sea without limits, the second by an allconsuming flame. This cannot continue! This will not continue! So I call this court to deliberation. We will determine how best to proceed. We will take as much time as we need. We will develop a plan, and we will abide by it. This I, Natosh, say, and if anyone differs from me on this, speak now so I might contest with you!

Calling the Elemental Court to order to discuss how to proceed

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (2 FP)

With his plans set in motion and Natosh calling the Court, the Lord of Life entered the Cosmic Mangrove via the throne in the Amphitheatre and exited it at the elemental tier.

"I would think calmness and reason are in order, O Lord of Earth. I propose that if one element is imperilled beyond one Lord or Lady's wherewithal to cope, then the court assembles to resolve the problem collectively."

Answering the call.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Natosh

Natosh shakes his big head. "No. No, Virilas. That is not sufficient. Of course we must help each other. Is that not what we did when first water and then fire threatened to destroy the planes? But it is not enough merely to help save each other from destruction. We must prevent it in the first place. We act without planning. We each take action as if we are alone and that our actions have no effect on each other. How can this be, if we are a court? We must act in concert, to maintain a balance between the forces of creation."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (2 FP)

He looked upon the World Shaper with compassion, raising one hand in a gesture of peaceable cessation. As the embodiment of despair, he was fully aware of the resonance of that emotion within Natosh, and how that fuelled his anger. He spake, moderating his tone to best ameliorate the heart of his fellow elemental lord,

"It is true that a greater degree of consultation and collaboration may be wise, and I will accede to that within the context and confines of this court. The cosmos, both the one that was and the one we are bringing about, are filled with the potentially unexpected, almost as if they were alive. In some ways, it is. It will help, to work more closely together on courtly duties, but we must also recognise we cannot predict consequences, even with the best planning and foresight. There will be consequences, and some of them will be almost too hard to bear, even with the very best of intentions and the tightest coordination. We cannot help but accept that, and do our best to mitigate such things, before, during and after. So, let us establish the right of Consultation. If a significant elemental undertaking is about to take place, let each of us let the others know first, for input and perhaps better coordination. We must still manage our respective demesnes as needed, but on matters pertaining to the court and our courtly responsibilities, let us agree to notify the court."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

"I agree with Virilas: as long as we are open about what we are doing and the reasons for our actions, we shouldn't encounter problems. I fully trust everyone to uphold their duties, and I feel that formal discussion should be reseved for great undertakings, in which everybody's point of view and reasoning is needed."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The Multiverse
A Great Barrier encircles all Reality. You’re trapped here now. The rising crest of Mortalkind was suppressed by the God of Knowledge, rendering efforts of other gods temporarily moot. A hellish afterlife appears in the Medross while a Divine Prayer line forms through the Cosmic Tree. The PRIME REALM flourishes during this time.

Caseria - The Elemental Court | 4 BP | 1 FP

Forgoing an action you gain 4 BP

Virilas - The Cosmic Tree - 2 FP

The connections spread through the branches of the Tree, but the line remains silent. Something is amiss. It seems another god is stalling the transition between proto-mortals and true mortals.

Cypax’s efforts are preventing your system from having an effect. You have the phone lines but nobody is talking.

Seiraes - The Prime Realm

Life adapts greatly due to both the metaphysical malleability of metal and the literal utilization of it biologically. Combined the two allow for an incredible acceleration of the biological arms race between and within species, and in adapting to the environment as well. Select creatures adapt to feed exclusively on metal, though they tend to be slower than their organic kin.

A touch of Mirrodin and Evolution. The Prime Plane is looking pretty good.

Jormgir - The Prime Realm

The storms are noticeably softer, without the constant destruction. Some storms still rages like the one of old, but mostly they are softer bringers-of-water than of destruction. With the scars filled with water the Great Continents drift apart from where Natosh Split them. Life begins to flourish greater than ever before, much of it seeded from a curious Sphere-Fortress settled into the center of the largest Ocean.

You dialed it back to where the mortals won’t exclusively curse your name! Things are pretty good down here.

Medrok - Medross, Nightmare Realm | 3FP

The first afterlife is created. It is a terrible hellscape of horror and torture from which escape is all but impossible and relief is nonexistent. Surely any who found themselves trapped here would agree to serve Medrok in exchange for the slightest mercy. The lack of mortal souls to gather was something of a problem but it would resolve itself in time. If the god of Knowledge would stop mortal blocking the rest of you anyway.

Like Virilas, you have a functional thing rendered moot by a nonexistent user base.

Cypax - Divine Amphitheatre

Off-center of the platform a roiling sphere of Sentience exists. By denying it to the mortals you have amplified its power. Do any of the other gods care about this? It is difficult to tell.

You have prevented Mortals from forming. This has probably been the greatest act of mercy in the history of Godgame.

Fabdeg - Centers of Creation

You turn all reality sideways. In this Extradimensional Space you form your crystal. One step lower in reality it will exist in four parts, One within the PRIME REALM, One within the Cosmic Tree, One in the middle of the Divine Amphitheatre, and the last hidden here sideways, between and within the others. A border forms around the edges of all reality, nothing can pass through the barrier directly.

A cursory glance at the edge of the universe showed signs it had been chewed on.

You built a wall, not sure who paid for it but there is definitely a wall and a four-part generator. IN THE CENTER IT IS IN THE CENTER you just gotta think in extra dimensions.

Natosh - Elemental Court | 4 BP

Your efforts to reign in the gods appear unsuccessful in practice, though you feel energized due to not expending divine energy.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (2 FP)

It was right and fitting that the power of Knowledge should have a say in determining when and where sentience should occur, unless it evolved in the natural course of things without deific prodding. It was Cypax' demesne, just as all life was in his own bailiwick. So, time to pick upon another dangling thread, the wayward ones. He appeared outside the sphere-fortress on the Prime, looking with pride upon the life being seeded from it. He communicated to those inside, waiting patiently at the threshold,

"Greetings, my children. I like what you've done with the place. May we talk?"

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Virilas - Sphere Fortress

A small group of shelled, reptilian creatures emerge. They do seem descended from some of the rogue servitors, though they seem to have gone mortal. Well demimortal at least. They greet you cautiously and with obvious discomfort due to being exposed to the full power of a god.

They are unaffected by the sentience-sucking due to being descendants of the Lost Ones.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (2 FP)

Noticing their discomfort, the Lord of Life took on an incarnate aspect, shrouding the blaze of his full power behind a physical form akin to theirs for the purpose of communication, as a courtesy. Decreasing the volume and impact of his divine pronouncements to match,

"Thank you. How have you been? How are you holding up? Is there anything we can do for you?"

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Cypax - God of Knowledge and Deception
1 BP | 1 FP

Cypax plucked one of the Cosmic Mangrove's seed pods from a cleft in its branches. Splitting it down the middle, They removed the bigger seeds, creating a hollow and buoyancy within the shell. Into this canoe They coaxed forth the potential of the first people of the new world.

Cypax spoke to Their fellows: Siblings, Vanquishers - I urge You to join in the journey of the first people. For each God that wishes this spirit to be merged with the new life of the prime plane, please impart Your own trait upon them. If You cannot attend personally, at least send Your servitors in Your stead.

Cypax then did just that, imparting a trait upon these potential peoples: I wish them to be a people of letters. Let them have language and writing, so that they may record their own stories and speak amongst themselves.

Action: Using Knowledge (+6), imbue the first people's spirit with the trait of Literate.

Secondary Action: The Final Host (+2) shall be charged with launching the seed-pod canoe on the same turn that five or more Gods have imparted a trait, talent or flaw upon them. Let Instinct (+2) guide this potential to the life on the prime plane. (And spend a BP here as well if I can.)

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

There is a murmur among the group until what appears to be an Elder comes to the fore. "We wish to be left alone. We have fear of your kind, and your works have brought ruin to this world many times. The Sentinel cares for us now.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Caseria - The Elemental Court -> Wane - 1 FP/2 BP (-2)

Caseria cries for a very long time. The Reveries pull in close to her. They whisper comfort to their mother, and it helps drown out the sound in her head. The tears finally subside, and she looks at her children with a sad smile.

"Thank you, thank you dears." She says quietly, for gods are arguing around her.

The noise and the fury is a little too much for her sensitive head at the moment, so she slips out while they pay her no heed. She is a small goddess, after all. Caseria returns to her great halo of broken things. There is a world to build. A promise briefly forgotten. She picks a small star, relatively cool and dim. Just bright enough to support life. Her functional arm pulls her robe aside to reveal a bare collarbone, before she retrieves a knife from her sleeve to carve a rune into it. It fills her with strength and helps clear her mind. She begins shaping a planet to orbit the star from the shards of creation around her, according to her memory of holy places of dead gods. Sacred mountains, holy rivers, blessed forests. When she is content with the world's overall shape she begins to assemble temples and monuments from the broken remains, grouping temples and artifacts together by no pattern but what her own instincts tell her is beautiful.

She makes a dozen different shrines and monuments before she realizes something is missing. One place that meant more to her than anything else. Stixaia's most sacred temple, the Bloodied Library. A great repository of magical and occult knowledge tended by priests in black and silver robes. She whispers to the Reveries, sending them out to look for pieces of it. After they leave, she looks out over her work. She names the star Memoria and this planet Wane.

Caseria will forge the planet Wane, a around a cool, dim star she has named Memoria using the power of Lost Causes (+6), Hope and Faith (+4), Two BP (+4), and Sacrifice (+2).

She will send out The Reveries (+2) to search for any remains of Stixaia's Bloodied Library.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2017 around 14:09

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Virilas (2 FP)

Their words held the ring of truth, for the world had been forged by destruction and fire in successive ages, and fear of the Gods had been the gift of Medrok.

"Then I shall do as you wish. A channel is open for your prayers to be heard should you or your descendants have need of it. Tell me of the Sentinel as I depart."

He listened for that last piece of information, then made good on his word, subliming the flesh avatar as he left. He hastened to Cypax, and looked upon his working.

"I would not pass up an opportunity to personally bless that which lives. I grant them abundance: Let them be fecund and healthy, of large families. Let their love for one another be abundant, that their bonds are strong to all their kind. Let their minds be abundant, never short of ideas or cunning. Thus do I bless them."

He poured out the cornucopia upon the seed pod to convey his beatitude.

Life +6 and Plenty +4 to grant the new sentients the trait Plenteousness of body, spirit and mind.

The Voluptines are on standby in case anything else crops up.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2017 around 09:05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

The group bowed their heads. "The Sentinel! Forged by the Titan to defend against the actions of the Gods! We serve! We serve! We serve!" They chant a devotion as they shuffle back into the Sphere.

• Locked thread