Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Fabdeg

The journey back is as swift as the one out. Fabdeg finds himself outside of the Prime Plane, the Void Moon back as it once was. He feels he lost something once again, but also gained. Through deed and tribulation new power flows through him. One hand unfolds to release the Voluptines. The other keeps a tight grasp on the Crystal, unable to return it to the Center with the Titan's Heart beating there.

"How can this be, oh brethren? / That the heart beats once more / It can not be, must not / So then, we must end it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Virilas (3 FP)

Answering Fabdeg,

"Thank you for bringing them back. Leave the heart to the mortals, like those Cypax has commissioned, or simple plant tendrils. It is designed to absorb deific exertion."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Medrok | 3FP

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOT HIM NOT HIM NOT NOW NOT NOW WHY WHY WHY WHY! "SKRARARRHH!" Medrok's scream echoes through the fortress, his own body beginning to waver and dissipate due to the sheer distress it feels, breaking into smaller insects that desperately try to fly away from the place, only to return. TRAPPED TRAPPED TRAPPED CAN'T ESCAPE CAN'T SURRENDER CAN'T DO ANYTHING MUST ESCAPE MUST FLEE MUST FIGHT MUST CALL MY SIBLINGS WHY WHY WHY!

"Y-YOU SHOULD NOT EXIST! BEAST! INTRUDER! TYRANT!" The sheer despair pushes the insectoid god's mind towards the brink of insanity, and insanity whispers a way out for him... Shadows coalesce under Medrok's body, and a massive black earthworm slithers, carrying the Fear God as it heads headfirst towards the Titan. "SKRAAAAA!!" He screams in a horrified voice before mount and rider, unable to cross the borders between outside, instead go INSIDE the closest dark place possible...

Time to escape... Into the Titan's mind and consciousness! Using Fear+6, Jailor+2, Survival+2,Nightmare +4 and my 4 BP to get into the part of the Titan's mind where HIS fear resides...

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 00:17

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Titan - Mental Mindscape of The Titan, Neververse Fortress, Outside

The Titan allowed the upstart entry. <"Welcome to your Doom!"> The Titan simply stated. <"It is odd you knew exactly the way I was going to battle you. You'll see I'm all new and full of new surprises.">

A game board appeared and then pieces and then objects and rules took shape. The dark icons filling Medrok with a craven cowardice. He was a lone worm against a being that had ended countless existences and the formidable forces it was now about to employ. He could move only so many spaces and was confined to the rules and limits set by the titan's own mind. The home field advantage was the Titan's.

How could he win against such forces against him? The beings looked far more formidable than the Sentinel had. Hulking like the titan's own form they moved to block and grab at Medrok. Their powerful artifacts crackled with destructive and combat readiness.
<"Don't let them get you.">The Titan smirked. The deck would be stacked against Medrok.

But the Titan didn't want to destroy the god, if it could be helped. <"Surrender and I'll let you live on. I could have uses for one such as you. If you can expand your comprehension and potential beyond this cycle of unending chaos.">

The Titan did one thing the gods never could or had: It held back. Just this once.

Hmm. No time for domain overkill.
Accepting--Home field advantage: The Titan. Existing in mind as mental energy before the body was even made.
Using: Deus ex machina [+4] ,Machination [+6], Sentinel's Shield [+4], Protection [+2], invoking Medrok 3fp Craven[+6].
As a token of good will: Deflect but not harm Medrok.
Offer: Cease hostilities, and talk.

<Or> enjoy round 2 as I unleash the fury?

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 01:02

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Medrok | 3FP

"The others... They were the ones who made me do it! I never wanted to join their fight! I just wanted to be left alone!" Medrok's body bursts into a cloud of buzzing beetles, mindlessly swarming and flying around each other, the God trying to protect his essence by spreading himself around, but no use, no use, no use, not here!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

The Titan's eyes narrowed. So be it.

edit: drop protection, use the shield to crush the bug even if it's destroyed. +20. Thanks for pointing that out AJ impy. One handed sleepy edit. Dont want to write more words.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 04:30

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

Medrok versus THE TITAN

Medrok Vs Titan: 2d6+22 25 attacks with the very essence of his being and all the extra might he can muster. The Titanís fears of the gods' usurpation were laid bare. However...

THE TITAN Vs Medrok: 2d6+22 30 Responds with the sort of crushing power the gods had come to expect from such a foe. The game had been set far in advance, and even this contingency it seemed had been prepared for. Barely.

Medrok takes five ranks of damage. That is a total of +10. I believe this leaves him with a single +2 domain plus the Night Mare +4. Iím sorry.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

The Titan shook his head. <"A waste."> With a push he pushed and expelled Medrok out of the psychic arena and into the physical. To fall the distance to the ground defeated.
<"What do you have to say for yourself now, insect?">

Expelling Medrok into meatspace.
Using: Deus ex machina [+4] ,Machination [+6], Sentinel's Shield [+4].

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Demon messengers - All across reality, Inside

To each god a messenger arrived with a letter. They died instantly upon delivery, their essences turning to nothing as the stuff of nightmares before the dawn.

"Your assassin, Medrok has attempted to kill me. He has failed and been injured in the attempt. You will pay his ransom as the customs of old dictate for his safe return. Each communixations box can communicate with me for this discussion only. Each of your peers has been given a communications box in case you lose one. Meet and think about it. Make your decision and vote. Remember since it's Medrok's life, he gets should get a vote too. He will suffer no further harm until you have made your decision.

- The Titan"

The bell rings once each letter is delivered.

Communications boxes. Not televisions. Delivered. Make your choice. If you want Medrok alive or dead I guess we'll see how good a family he has. Chat is available.
Using: Deus ex machina [+4] ,Machination [+6] to deliver if needed(i dont)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Virilas (3 FP)

This was... inexplicable. Where was the Titan? How could Medrok have reached him? Too many unanswered questions. He manifested in his throne in the Amphitheater, as this called for a full Godsmoot. Regardless of how it went, there were two sides to this, and any decision would be impossible without being aware of both. Through the Box,

"Let Medrok speak."

PMush Perfect
Sep 30, 2009

H3Y H4V3 YOU GUYS H34RD 4BOUT HOM3STUCK?

Jormgir the Serpent - The Godsmoot - 4 BP

Jormgir barely has time to recover from nearly being devoured by the Titan's heart before she has to hear his Voice. He wishes to treat? To speak to them as though they were equals. Surely, it must still recognize her, see the beast that she once was. Before she knew better, when she was little more than the Titan's rabid dog.

"You already know my vote, Titan, and exactly where to put it."

Nevertheless, they must be unified. She will go to the 'Moot, and, hopefully, talk some sense into anyone considering the offer.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes - 1 FP

The titan's communication is almost as baffling as it is infuriating. Medrok? Their assassin? As if any of them would trust the bug with anything, especially something of that magnitude. Still, how in all the powers' name did the roach manage to reach the titan, and why would the coward be the first to strike? This sounds like lies and treachery, and as such shall be answered.
"I don't believe in your lies, abomination. You will get nothing from me."
He hurries to the godsmoot, to be assured that no one is taking the blight's words seriously.

LupusAter fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 10:19

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Natosh

Natosh stays seated on the throne of earth, turning the letter over in his hands, thinking, watching the others react. "What are your terms for his ransom, Titan? We must know them before we decide."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Titan - Neververse Fortress, Outside

The Titan looked down at Medrok then communicated.

To Medrok and Virilas:
<"He can speak and hear you.">

To Jormgir the Serpent:
<"I'm sorry, have we met? I take it from your tone you do not wish Medrok to return.">

To Seiraes:
<"Belief is not required and as such changes nothing about the situation. Dialogue at least is possible with your pantheon..">

To Natosh and the Godmoot/meeting:
<"I will give you Medrok back unharmed in his currentvstate for something of equal value and to pay redress for this dishonorable attack. For slightly more I will completely heal his injuries he incurred when assaulting the core of my being.">

For ease of chatting can we have you all in godmeeting conference call? Medrok can hear and speak etc.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2017 around 16:35

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Virilas (3 FP)

Curious. The way the Titan addressed Jormgir... was this the selfsame entity on whose shoulders rested the war which had caused so much pain, misery and utter destruction, or an entirely new existential threat? A question that needed to be addressed, but right now, they needed word of their fellow deity.

"Medrok! What happened? What is going on? Where are you and how did you get there? Have you been harmed?"

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.

Caseria - The Godsmoot - 0 FP/0 BP

Caseria curls up in her throne of flame and leaves.

"Yes, Medrok, what happened?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Medrok | Hanging by a thread

A mass of wounded legs, eyes and jaws. Green godly ichor oozes out of the dying god's body as it tries to keep Raneth's own domain within his body, a madcap last attempt by Medrok to keep himself from fading away in the void of Outside. "S-skrarrrghh... S-sent invaders to my realm.... Locked me when I tried to know who sent them...! Cornered, with no chance but to fight..." The god says with a broken voice, barely able to communicate.

Keeping Survival as my only domain...

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Improvement makes straight roads; but the crooked roads without improvement are roads of genius.

"So you attack us, take a member of our number hostage, and then demand payment?"

Flames dance across Caseria's fingertips, the banner glows.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

To the Medrok & Godmoot/meeting:
<"I have had nothing to do with that. An interesting interpretation of events. But I will not interfere with your interactions and the subsequent fallout. But just remember, you attacked me first Medrok. Foolishly.">

Doubling down huh?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

"Then let us hear your..."interpretation of events""

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

To Godmoot/meeting:
<"I lay slumbering and a portal opened into my realm. The intruder's presence and his attempts to force pure nightmare into my world awoke me. I severed the connection to prevent more contamination. A member of your group, who angrily I recognized him as one of those who took the bones of my old self and made a trophy of them stood right in front of me. Imagine my shock as I approached to admonish him he attacks. He tries to attack my mind. My veru core of self. Then when I offer to parlay with him showing him that attacking would be folly, he redoubled his efforts to harm me. I ended the threat and as you can see did not strike the killing blow. The rest i have contacted you all about.">

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

"And what of his realm? Why were your servants in his realm? He says they came to take it."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

To Godmoot/meeting:
<"They are of me- fragments -but I do not control them."> The connection gets vaguely static-y at the end of the transmission and the Titan adjusts the connection making the words crystal clear again. [<"The barrier would make ruling them and puppeting their actions quite hard. If Medrok came into conflict with these 'Gorgons' they would need to deal with the consequences of thise actions on their own.">

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Natosh

"Medrok attacked you himself, Titan. The rest of us had nothing to do with it. I see no reason to give you anything to save him from his own folly. However, perhaps we might come to some other arrangement. The Last Battle destroyed everything. Why repeat it? Is there some way we can come to a truce? A division, if you will?"

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Virilas (3 FP)

They needed to be rid of the incursion into Medrok's realm lest it become established. Ironically, it seemed the perfect counterweight.

"It would seem that there is an option, then. The fragments that invaded Medrok's realm, that generated the portal which took you by surprise. Let them be gone from our universe altogether, and no other such autonomous fragments of you anywhere within creation, for Medrok, provided nothing of you clings to him. We banish your autonomous agents back to you, you banish ours back to us. Never again send fragments, under your control or no, into our universe."

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Fabdeg

Fabdeg ignores the conversation the other gods are having. If it is a Titan, then he wants no part of it. Creation must be held inviolate, lest the destruction from before occur again. The very thought makes Fabdeg quiver in anger, a thousand stars in his nebulous body winking in and out. The Maiar cry out for a moment in worry, then cease when Fabdeg calms down. To deal with the Titan Heart, he must devise a way to contain the thing. He watches it beat, watches how it draws in energy from around it. But...what if there could be no energy for it draw, not enough light?

The Chimes of Heaven begin to play. A sad song of life and death, creation and destruction. A tribute to what had happened before and a vow not to repeat it. Of the horrific NOTHINGNESS that was left after the Titan's death, with only small pockets of Creation left. Drawing on his power, Fabdeg begins to craft a powerful magic. A cage to contain the Heart and leave nothing for it to consume. Yes...but it must be more.

He dips his hands into the surface of Creation and they come up full of the very fabric of space-time. He presses his hands together and is left with a black hole. The Chimes of Heaven play as he reaches into it, grabs a hold of something and flips it inside out. With both hands he breaks it in half and encapsulates the Heart with it. Once more Fabdeg dips his hands into Creation and again comes up with another black hole. This one is broken in half and put around the other. One last time does the god reach into Creation and this time he pulls forth a shining white orb. He touches it to the outer black hole and it beings to blast forth energy. When Fabdeg blows on it the orb ceases and beings to hum.

"Rise, Polax and be the Guardian / Of this prison to contain it / The Titan's Heart, enemy of Creation"

Fabdeg is making a special sort of cage. There is an inverted black hole covering the heart, leaving plenty of actual distance between the two. It only sucks in stuff one way, away from the Heart at its center. Then there is an outer blackhole, separated again by massive distance from the inner, that sucks in and consumes anything approaching from the outside. Mortals, energy, light, matter etc. Finally there is the Guardian Polax, a White hole given life by Fabdeg. It's connected to the two black holes, gaining power from what they consume. Magic +6, Defender of the Universe +6, Chimes of Heaven +4, Celestial Bodies +4

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

The Titan's was about to speak of a potential armistace but then its eyes blaze with sudden worry and it clutches at its chest where a heart should be. Someone was tamperting with... They wouldn't-

To Godmoot/meeting:
Lots of static floods the channel and it is adjusted for again.
<"Do not do this. Whatever it is you think you're doing- ."> The Titan again feels it's chest. <"This is not negotiating in good faith. Stop. Or you will not like the consequences."> Static hits the channel again. Longer this time.

The Titan looks down at Medrok: <" Do they really care so little for you. For creation itself? Are they mad?">

Hmm!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

"Doing what? Praytell."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Virilas (3 FP)

Odd. He replied,

"Clarify. Do not do what? It is nothing under my control."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes - 1 FP

"Cease this cheap charade, it is beneath even you to accuse us of things we can't possibly be doing."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

To Godmoot/meeting:
<"Too late. One of you tampers with...the heart..">

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

And so it was that the folly of the gods was complete. The Titanís Heart, an engine powered by the destruction of divinity, was encased in a singularity. A singularity designed to pull away all matter. Alas, along with potential fuel it also absorbed the Ichor, designed as it was to be a stationary and limited material for corrupting and annihilating the works of the gods and rebuilding the first war body of the Titan. In its transition from the compression of the Black Holes and the Radiance of the White it went from matter to energy.

It radiated as Titanlight, and undid the gods and their works as it passed through. Before a reaction could even be had they were gone. Unknowing, even, that their end had come. The Prime Realm and all the rest of their works were obliterated as the Titanlight spread ever further to the edges of the Multiverse, Leaving only dusty ash in its wake.

Thank you for playing. I believe the Titan gets one last post(Actually Medrok is still alive too) but otherwise this is the end. If anyone else wishes to post in discussion please do so in the app/OOC thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

The Titan sighed. Then looked down at Medrok.
<" You are the last. What folly. All I did was tell them the truth and they killed themselves."> He looked at the barrier and nothingness inside. The Titan pressed on it with a finger and it disintegrated. <"I could have forced my way in at any time you know. When you used my skull as a meeting place I could see and hear everything you all did. I watched your overcompensation, carelessness, and cruelty.">

Memory came unbidden to the Titan's thoughts.The Titan took Medrok's head in its hands. ]<"But that is all over now. Your own unreasoning hatred is the same as when my previous incarnation appeared in the old universe. I had seeded and created it then left to complete other works. When I returned to make the rulers and caretakers for it, imagine my surprise that gods had sprung from it. They were ruining my creation like petty children. Fighting and causing torment for their whims. I tried to speak with them, but they hated and envyed. So they schemed and finally attacked me.">

<"None of you were there at the start and by then, the chaos and unreason was self perpetuating. Just like now. The universe was sick then just like now. My old bones that made up this new universe should have been a new beginning. But you gods survived. All of you a cancer killing and twisting that body just like those of old.">

<"I don't believe any of you are evil. You do wrong because you don't know what that is. I was prepared this time around. My free-willed creations were placed before your barrier. Each with their own purpose. This place, the Neververse made connected to reality but separate from it. It took a long time to build this body, and I had to siphon a tiny fraction of the universe to create it.">

<"Everything was crafted and created to give you all a chance or a choice. Destroy yourselves or become something better. But for all your false assumptions and bad decisions when even told by sources other than me it would go wrong. All of you did it anyway.
How defective...">

The Titan twisted and Medrok's head began to snap. <"Shhh...its all right now. It's over. Your pain is now at an end.">

*CRACK*

The Titan sat for a while. A day. A year. Millennia. Then it stood. It thought and decided. Perhaps it would create again, perhaps.

- END -

I am Communist fucked around with this message at Aug 27, 2017 around 13:15

• Locked thread
«4 »