Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

"Is this wise?", Natosh asks his fellows. "To build with no plan, each of us doing what we will? To make the seas, without separating out the waters? To kindle the stars, without first lighting the heavenly fires? Let us first divide the planes, each element in its place, then hold court, to determine the laws of creation." Slowly he walks over to Seiraes, looking at the god hunched over his corner of the multiverse, gathering metals around him in a vain attempt to recreate what was lost, and takes him by the hand. "Brother", he says quietly, "Let us go to the serpent and make a true thing, the three of us, a home for the world and those who will inhabit it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh stalks away, shaken by the harsh words of Seiraes and Jormguar. "Do as you will. Grieve as you will. But without cooperation, nothing we build will last."

Striding into the nothingness, away from the rest, he cries out bitterly into the void. "Oh, brothers, sisters, wives, lovers, why did you leave me to the mercy of strange gods?" But no. That way is destruction. To remember is doom, and it is a weakness to grieve. Fine, if no one else will do what must be done, he will. He starts dividing up the elements, trying to create the elemental planes.

Earth +6 might help in this maybe? Creation +4?

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jul 25, 2017

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

"Not the seas alone. It would be no world worth the name with seas alone. It will have great mountains, and fertile plains, and rivers that carry silt to the sea. The land shall be built up so that, even if the rains beat it down, and the waves lap it, they will not overcome it."

He puts his hand on the flank of one of the servitors created for him. They have no name. It is a great thing to give a thing a name, and it is not yet time. But the giant creature has the body of a lion, the wings of an eagle, and the face of a man. "You can help us in this," he commands the beast. They could not restore what was lost, but they could build anew.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 26, 2017

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh takes his hand off the flank of his servitor and moves towards the world being born. He opens a channel from the plane of elemental earth, and forces the land through, compelling the earth to do his will. He smiles as the water around the channel of erupting earth gets dark and muddy. Jumping into the world ocean, his servitors jump into the growing mud, stamping and kicking it about, and where the mud lands, continents form. Laughing at their antics, Natosh pulls out his clay and starts shaping it and the earth into valleys and mountains.

Adding land to this here world. Earth +6, Creation +4, Servitors +2, Elemental Plane of Earth +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh takes the moose antler from the Hornbearer and looks at it. No doubt this has significance to the other god. "I thank you", he says to Seiraes through the hornbearer. "We will make a balance. The sea will beat at the earth, and the earth resist the sea."

The earth must resist the sea. But now, the sea was too powerful. if he did nothing, the land would be carried away and the world all sea. This was a wrongness. This demanded action. But more, it demanded thought. What to do? He must deliberate on this, consider it.

While he considered, he went to the world that was made, walking on it. Reaching into his pouch, he pulled out the clay of creation, and started shaping it into the form of trees, and grasses, and shrubs, and vines. Yes, that was right. This would help resist the sea. And, even if it did not, it delighted Natosh's heart to make the things that came out of the earth.

Making plants +4 Creaton

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

This was what came of treating fire as a proper element, instead of just an emanation of air or earth, Natosh thought to himself. It starts getting ideas above its station and wants to burn down everything. Fire is supposed to stay in the sun where it belongs. Natosh grumbles to himself as he puts vents in his freshly made earth. He had just made it! And now, you know, lava and magma and everything. He didn't like magma or lava. It sticks to everything, and it's impossible to clean. "Oh well", he mutters. "Volcanoes can be pretty."

Opening up the earth to channel elemental fire inside of it. Earth +6

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh looks at his earth, rent and torn, and turns away his face, mud on his cheeks. He takes large strides over to the rebuilt Elemental Court and seats himself on the throne of lead, and calls out to the rest of the members of the Court, "Come! Come and speak!"

With barely controlled rage, he addresses the rest of them. "This cannot happen again! Seiraes, you called us a Court of the Elements, each of us in a relationship with each other. Why, then, do we not act that way? Why do we take individual action, individual foolish action, without first consulting and planning each other. Will we each act in such a way that will doom the rest? Twice my earth has been put in danger, the first time by a sea without limits, the second by an allconsuming flame. This cannot continue! This will not continue! So I call this court to deliberation. We will determine how best to proceed. We will take as much time as we need. We will develop a plan, and we will abide by it. This I, Natosh, say, and if anyone differs from me on this, speak now so I might contest with you!

Calling the Elemental Court to order to discuss how to proceed

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh shakes his big head. "No. No, Virilas. That is not sufficient. Of course we must help each other. Is that not what we did when first water and then fire threatened to destroy the planes? But it is not enough merely to help save each other from destruction. We must prevent it in the first place. We act without planning. We each take action as if we are alone and that our actions have no effect on each other. How can this be, if we are a court? We must act in concert, to maintain a balance between the forces of creation."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh shakes his head at the treatment of the sphere dwellers. To punish the last surviving mortals for being deceived by the Titan, when he had deceived even the gods at first, seemed monstrously unjust. But such was the fear that the gods had of the titan that they would again act without thinking, so eager were they to destroy any remembrance of their presence that they would forget their judgement and act in an arbitrary manner. Still, what could he do? The other gods were not disposed to listening to his pleas for caution.

Instead he goes over to the mortals being created. "You have given gifts. So, I shall do the same. Cypax, you have granted them the power to communicate, and thus to deceive. Virilis, you have given them fecundity beyond measure, so that they might overpopulate themselves, drain their lands and live in misery. Seiraes, you have made them adaptable, so that they might not have fixed convictions or goals, but might be ever changeable."

"So now for my blessing, I give them the gift of wisdom, so that they might overcome their other obstacles. I also give them a second gift, this one from my friend Setlesh. I give them the gift of murder."

Wise +2 and Murder +2 to give them both wisdom and the knowledge of murder

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh-4 BP

Natosh considers the mortals. They're dangerous. Eminently dangerous. "We made them too strong", he realizes. Strong enough that they might challenge the gods themselves. He wants to destroy them, desperately, before they become too powerful, but the others are too in love with their creation to do it. He knew how that was. He knew what it was to create something and then fall in love with the process. He understood. That didn't mean he thought it was wise, though. It was time for him to protect himself, in case something were too happen. Time to act both defensively and offensively.

Setting up protections and barriers in the Plane of Earth, so I can use it as a bolt hole in case anything goes down. Earth +6, Elemental Earth +2 Also, sending the Servitors down to the planet to encourage the development of earth cults among the population. Servitors +2

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh sits on the Throne of Earth and sighs. Is the Titan returning, then? Does its foul taint still pollute the universe? And is the serpent trapped? The creature is the water to his earth. If it is destroyed, then what will happen to him? But how can he get the creature out without, given that any expenditure of energy will just make the Heart stronger? "Don't resist, Jormgir!" he cries out to the great serpent. "All it will do is entrap you further!" He sits and thinks.

Observing the heart, sitting and thinking.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Natosh stays seated on the throne of earth, turning the letter over in his hands, thinking, watching the others react. "What are your terms for his ransom, Titan? We must know them before we decide."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

"Medrok attacked you himself, Titan. The rest of us had nothing to do with it. I see no reason to give you anything to save him from his own folly. However, perhaps we might come to some other arrangement. The Last Battle destroyed everything. Why repeat it? Is there some way we can come to a truce? A division, if you will?"

• Locked thread