Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes
Even in this undifferentiated nothingness that was everything, Seiraes can feel the voices of his children, calling to him to give them a place and a home again, separate and orderly. And it is tempting, and it would be easy, a Plane of Metal like the one he once inhabited, harsh and unyielding and cold and beautiful. And this time, there would be only his will to shape the world... and it is a dangerous thought, the result of a broken Equilibrium.

That is the priority, restoring Equilibrium, and he could start on that. He pulls on his children, and shapes a small corner of the multiverse into a metallic mockery of the Court where he and his siblings once deliberated their decisions. Iron and steel for himself, as usual, but quicksilver stands for water, and gold for fire, lead for earth and copper for wood, the metals he infused with the essences of his fallen siblings.

Now for the painful part, finding replacements for his beloved siblings. The Serpent is trying its fang at creating oceans, let's see how that goes for him...

Using Metal (+6) and Elements (+2) to shape a Court for the five elemental gods.

LupusAter fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

"Brother? You dare to call me brother? My brother fell while slaying the Titan, and I will be rust in the void before I let his sacrifice go forgotten. This place will be the lynchpin between the Elemental Planes, symbol of Equilibrium and memorial to my fallen siblings. Now, if you want to help, start gathering Earth to give it a proper plane."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

His work on the Court finished for now, Seiraes turns his attention to the formless beings sent by Virilas. He shapes them in the forge, hammering Metals and the Element tied to them into their core, making sure to keep balance. When he's finished, they have bipedal bodies with the head of an horned animal, and the horns themselves are made of pure metal. "You are the Hornbearers, and you shall work to mantain Equilibrium. Now come, we have a Plane to shape." He turns to do just that, but a voice stops him.

Caseria posted:

"I am sorry to bother you, but I come to you with a question I will ask all the survivors. I am collecting relics, remains, ruins of temples and such to forge into a great memorial to all those who did not survive our war. Do you have anything you would like to see in such a collection?"

"While I agree with the spirit of your pursuit, I can't help you. I already collected and reforged all that was left of my siblings, so that their duties could be upheld, and their memory honored that way. You, however, can help me." He turns to the Fire throne, and extracts from it a blazing golden deer antler, its points reminiscent of the flames that lick its surface. "My brother Valas would have liked you, always stoking at the last embers in the hope of relighting a bonfire. It's in his memory that I ask you to take his burden, as the new Lady of Fire".

LupusAter fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 26, 2017

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

"I thank you for your assistance. If you ever need it, I can help you fully assume your new duties, but that can wait.
Now come, my Hornbearers, we have an Elemental Plane to forge. Sift through this nothingness and bring me the metal that shaped you, and I will hammer it into shape."

Using Metal(+6) and the Hornbearers(+2) to create a new Elemental Plane of Metal.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Seiraes spared his new Elemental Plane a proud look, before turning to address the newly minted Lady of Fire.

"I wouldn't have put this burden upon you if I wasn't willing to assist you. A Lordship is composed of two equally important parts: controlling your element, and knowing what your element means and upholding that meaning with your every action. I can't tell you what the meaning of Fire could be, because it would be unacceptable meddling on my part, but I can use my Metal as an example: Metal is change and adaption, letting the circumstances forge you to become what's best suited to achieve your goals.
So, tell me: what is the meaning of Fire?"

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Leaving Caseria to her meditation, Seiraes turns to the three empty thrones, calling the Hornbearers to himself.

He approaches the throne of Earth, and shapes from it a leaden moose antler, heavy and strong. "Bring this to Natosh, for it is his right as the Lord of Earth."

He then goes to the throne of Wood, and takes a coppery goat horn, patterned with a woodlike grain. "Tell Virilas that Equilibrium calls for a Sire of Wood, and that void is his to fill."

At last, he walks towards the throne of Water, and extracts a silvery gazelle horn, long and straight, with a flowing surface and a liquid appearance. "Go to Jormungar the Serpent, and tell it that its actions gained itself the title of Sovereign of Water".

His instructions given, he watches Caseria as she starts her improptu ritual for the shaping of a new Plane of Fire. He uses his limited control upon the Elements to help her keep Fire together, and summons the Crucible to assist her Change. The protean artifact, sensing the task at hand, changes itself into a pair of forge bellows, to stoke the Flame that is changing and being changed by the goddess.

Sending the Hornbearers to invest the three remaining Elemental Lords. Using Elements (+2) and the Crucible (Change (+4)) to help Caseria in her efforts.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

PMush Perfect posted:

Purpose. It has purpose.

"What must I do?

Seiraes answers through the Hornbearers: "Find the meaning of Water. Uphold it. Create and claim its Elemental Plane. Help us maintain Equilibrium. This you must do to fully claim your title, then it's up to you."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

They had created an imbalance while trying to restore balance. If Aella was still alive, she'd be laughing her head off at their predicament.
He hears Caseria's plea, and speaks through the Hornbearers, addressing Natosh, Virilas and Jormguar: "We need your help. We risk losing control of the plane of Fire. Only by acting as five we can correct this imbalance. Caseria and I will shoulder most of the risk, since we are at fault here, but we need assistance." Then, to Caseria: "I called for help. Speak your idea, and they'll hear."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

"I agree with her plan. I will bring Metal from the elemental Plane, to take the burnt of the hit and soften the blow on the Prime Realm. This will also bring Equilibrium to the Prime Realm, provided we survive. Caseria, if it proves too much for the Prime Realm and the Plane of Wood, vent first to the Plane of Metal, and use Earth as a last resort. I will take responsibility for my mistake, as I said I would."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Seiraes starts drawing Metal from its Plane, to plunge it down the vents Natosh opened, the operation made easier by the extreme heat of the flames. First a compact and purer core, to store heat and diffuse the essence of Metal into the realm. Then a more fluid magma, partly made with Earth, so that what is eroded by the storms can be recycled and reemerge as new land.

Using Metal (+6), Elements (+2) and the Elemental Plane (+2) to use Caseria's fire to create magma and plate tectonics in the Prime Realm.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Seiraes feels all the weight of the Shaper's mantle on his shoulders. He is just an Elemental, unworthy of this honor, but at the same time, he did shape the new Court, so there's logic to the Artifact's choice. He resolves to invoke leadership only in emergencies, to streamline and direct the Court's response.

He surveys the Prime Realm, feeling the new magnetic field. It is nice and stable, perfect for shielding the plane from the harsher effects of its sun, when it gets created. He almost goes to ask Caseria to ignite it, but the small goddess looked exausted from her ordeal, and it wouldn't do to have her make a mistake out of tiredness. He sends a couple Hornbearers to watch upon her, so that they can call him when she's fit for her duties as the Lady of Fire.

In the meantime, he can help the denizens of the Prime Realm with the harsh conditions of their homeworld. Using the magnetic field as a vessel, he imbues the life in the plane with some essence of Metal poured from the Crucible, allowing it to better change and shape itself in response to the circumstances. They will be forged and tempered by their adversities, and emerge stronger and better from them.

Using Metal(+6) and the Crucible(+4) to give the life on the Prime realm an improved capacity to adapt and evolve.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

"I agree with Virilas: as long as we are open about what we are doing and the reasons for our actions, we shouldn't encounter problems. I fully trust everyone to uphold their duties, and I feel that formal discussion should be reseved for great undertakings, in which everybody's point of view and reasoning is needed."

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Cypax posted:

Siblings, Vanquishers - I urge You to join in the journey of the first people. For each God that wishes this spirit to be merged with the new life of the prime plane, please impart Your own trait upon them. If You cannot attend personally, at least send Your servitors in Your stead.

Seiraes obliges, going to the Seed Pod. "Metal adapts, changes and endures. I give them the blessing of Adaptability, so that they can make the most of new situations and learn to discard what is not working anymore"

Using Metal (+6) and the Crucible (Change (+4)) to give the first sentients Adaptability.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

The other gods are starting to make themseslves known to the mortals of the Prime Realm, and so Seiraes calls the majority of his Hornbearers to himself: "Fall upon the prime realm as comets, aiming for the harsh and unhospitable lands. Show the ways of Metalshaping, Smithing and Alchemy to those that make the effort to find you and then prove themselves worthy. Do not give them anything they haven't earned, you are there to show them the way, not carry them through it"

He then is called by a small bird, a messenger of the Lady of Fire, telling him of Wane, intended to be a proving ground for worthy mortals and a memorial to dead gods, and asking for, as she delicately put it, his "unique touch". The idea has merit, and he starts working for it.

First, he crafts five statues, representing the old Court formed by him and his siblings. He then places the gold statue of deer-headed Valas on the peak of a mountain, engulfed in an everlasting pyre; he finds a small and relatively shallow sinkhole, fills it with quicksilver, and lets the silvery and shimmering statue of Aella float on the surface, as his gazelle-headed sister would have done with a real lake; he finds the deepest cavern and puts in it the leaden staue of moose-headed Golthan, surrounded by the Earth he loved; the copper statue of goat-headed Rhaenon is put in the thickest forest, surrounded by vines with metal thorns; and at last, since the Equilibrium must be preserved, he puts an iron statue of himself in a field of blades.

The statues are sublime examples of metalwork, showing both the path to mastery and the intricate links between metals and their corresponding element that a skilled Alchemist could exploit. He then crafts a system of metal veins guiding those who can understand it to the statues, and instructs the remaining hornbearers to guard and maintain them.

The last piece of work is making sure that Wane will always be harshly challenging to mortals, so that only the worthy might survive. If this means that the vast majority of those who reach it die, Seiraes doesn't care.

Whew. So, instructing the Hornbearers to show worthy mortals the ways of Metal. Invoking Metal (+6), Change(+4), Elements(+2), and taking a FP for Cold (+2), to make Wane actively hostile to those who visit it and to put on it the deepest secrets of Metalshaping and Alchemy.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes - Wane - 1 FP

Seiraes was keeping an eye on Caseria, remembering what happened the last time the small goddess interacted with the remains of a dead god. He is therefore less surprised than he should perhaps be when the appeareance of a new/old demigoddess is met with the chimes of the Titan Bell. He doesn't interfere with their reunion, but after Caseria's plea for information he draws closer, ready to act accordingly.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes - Wane - 1 FP

Seiraes leaves with Virilas, and as the Father of Life sends out wooden tendrils, he adorns them with metallic rings. They are charmed to seek each other and weave themselves into a net, enveloping their rescue target. Once a net is complete, Seiraes will call it to himself, using magnetism to bring it nearer without exerting power too close to the traitorous ichor.

Using Metals (+6), Elemental Metal(+2), and Smithing Patron(+2) to create a self-assembling net which will be brought to Jorm and the Nagaja by Virilas's tendrils, and then attract the completed nets and their contents to safety.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes - 1 FP

The titan's communication is almost as baffling as it is infuriating. Medrok? Their assassin? As if any of them would trust the bug with anything, especially something of that magnitude. Still, how in all the powers' name did the roach manage to reach the titan, and why would the coward be the first to strike? This sounds like lies and treachery, and as such shall be answered.
"I don't believe in your lies, abomination. You will get nothing from me."
He hurries to the godsmoot, to be assured that no one is taking the blight's words seriously.

LupusAter fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes - 1 FP

"Cease this cheap charade, it is beneath even you to accuse us of things we can't possibly be doing."

• Locked thread