Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

bowmore posted:

I basically knew Ernie was scum from day 2 I should have campaigned harder but he played a good scum game

I knew you were on to me. You have no idea how quickly I rushed into the thread when I found out you were a cop. It was literally a 'if I get to the thread before bowmore I have a chance ... but he lives in Australia and I gotta sleep. fuuuuuuck'

Haha. Sorry, bowmore. When I saw I had a small chance to get people to ignore your cop result I felt bad because you had said you want people to follow it.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

at least now ernie has replaced you as my potential D1 lynch for "scum that just relentlessly clowned on me in a very embarrassing way"

MC ED. I can't emphasize how much I like you as a person. I'm sorry, on a personal level, if I played in a mean way.

Faking that you had fake-claims and scum-slips is farther than I usually go with people, but both Jedit and Bowmore are strong-willed players, and if I wasn't at least as dominant as they are, I would just get rolled by them.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The only takeaways that I have from this game:

Town finally listened to a 3P player!
I wish PMush gave Yorkshire a chance to post his ridiculous bus driver claim we had lined up. That was going to be tons of fun.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
oh we are very cool ernie I'm sorry I got mad at you, i hope you like bitter grudges though!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ernie. posted:

I wish PMush gave Yorkshire a chance to post his ridiculous bus driver claim we had lined up. That was going to be tons of fun.
That would have actually twigged me. I already had a redirector power, and neither of my other powers had been represented in the roles.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

That would have actually twigged me. I already had a redirector power, and neither of my other powers had been represented in the roles.

Yeah I don't think we had a chance of making it with that claim. But it was going to be hilarious.

drowned in pussy juice posted:

oh we are very cool ernie I'm sorry I got mad at you, i hope you like bitter grudges though!

Yes, absolutely. I've always wanted an arch nemesis!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Really, I would've enjoyed that claim just to say that one time a scum-mate and I attempted to convince town that we were on their side by backing up a rolecop claim with a busdriver claim as town roles, haha.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PMush Perfect posted:

i kinda wanted some thread input on this actually. okay, so if you have one each of redirect, roleblock, watch, which do you use first?

my thought was

1) watch n1 so you can get the lay of the land. you probably won't catch a kill but you have a better if of who not to target.

2) roleblock hoping to catch a kill

3) redirect to try and kill scum

if anyone else has any balance specific thoughts, let me know. i think things went okay? i tried to balance with the idea that the arsonist would get at least one burn off.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

i kinda wanted some thread input on this actually. okay, so if you have one each of redirect, roleblock, watch, which do you use first?

my thought was

1) watch n1 so you can get the lay of the land. you probably won't catch a kill but you have a better if of who not to target.

if anyone else has any balance specific thoughts, let me know. i think things went okay? i tried to balance with the idea that the arsonist would get at least one burn off.

I agree with all of this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

my thought was

assuming you don't want to sit on your hands and wait a day instead, I'd say switch 1 and 3. Use the redirect as if it's a combination doc/vig. Redirect from whoever you want to see advance to someone you think is scummy and should die.

2nd night, yeah roleblock sure

Save watch for later when maybe someone's claimed by then, or otherwise made themselves a prime scum target.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm happy I managed to not lurk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

i'm happy I managed to not lurk

:yeah:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bifauxnen posted:

assuming you don't want to sit on your hands and wait a day instead, I'd say switch 1 and 3. Use the redirect as if it's a combination doc/vig. Redirect from whoever you want to see advance to someone you think is scummy and should die.

2nd night, yeah roleblock sure

Save watch for later when maybe someone's claimed by then, or otherwise made themselves a prime scum target.
Yeah. In retrospect, that might have been a better use. I still agree that watching is much more productive when the selection of possible kill targets is narrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Honestly I feel a little bad. I bitched in the scumdoc about how lurking to victory was just a good strategy and D3 I didn't post anything apart from the hammer.

This was because I was meticulously building my game spreadsheet and two potential fake claims with meticulous flavour text and backing from my posts.

I'm really sad I didn't get to fakeclaim either of them. We'd settled on Busdriver as the more dangerous but utterly hilarious choice because of the ensuing chaos, but I also had a Nurse claim ready to go as well.

Ah well, good game everyone and shoutouts to Ernie for being patient, especially with constantly having to say "No don't do that, that's a stupid idea."

• Locked thread